Explosive Arrow

Thanks for the clarification :)

Then I think EA will need a buff after this change. Right now EA is good (OP ? not so much) only with quill rain or lmp+gmp or both. With the new change, the explosion damage will be reduced by at least 50% in these cases. So it will need at least a 30% damage buff or something else. Or if the explosion is indeed considered as projectile damage, that could help, but I doubt it will be enough.

edit : additional question : will it be considered as weapon damage ?
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Sep 27, 2012, 1:30:55 PM
Would just like to say that with the changes my elemental equalibrium explosive arrow maurader is trash now.

like 2 weeks ago i would be able to get through the content OK... not as good as my old poison arrow build (before the huge mana nerf) but a decent speed.

now it was going so little damage that a unique gold monster with regenerate life and fire res was out healing my damage of 5 stacked explosive charges with full equalibrium benifit.

5 stacked charges and basically no damage. so depressing.

very sad since my maurader was my highest character and i cannot play him anymore.
I just logged to test the new changes on the arrow and...i don t know. I play a quill rain EA witch and it s hard to say if my damage has been nerfed or not but i have the feeling of being gimped a lot.

I need a clarification tho : now that EA explosions is projectile dmg, we can put points into passives nodes that give some and the dmg of the explosion will get buffed right ?

If yes, my build is still viable, if not, it seems i ll have to find an other build for the future :(
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
zriL wrote:

edit : additional question : will it be considered as weapon damage ?

I'd like to know this too. Also since fuses are now classified as projectile damage and don't have "spell" component in description, does it mean they are now ranged "attacks" and are affected by for example anger/wrath auras?
My EA build is still doing pretty good after the patch. It's probably because it was insanely OP before xD.
Since lmp and gmp have projectile damage bonus, the nerf isn't too hard.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
EA was such a nice skill before the first nerf. The game did feel like an Hack and Slay again: I shoot and after 2-3 sec. everything was dead... I loot and so on...
After the pierce penalty it lost a huge amount of DPS in open fields (but it was still more or less OK) but it was incedible OP if an enemy was standing right to a wall due to arrows stick in the wall and explode without the 5 fuse cap (-> no real delay) (or even better in a corner).

Now the dmg is again 50% lower using multiple projectiles and (if I got this right) again 50% lower because of quill rain's penalty.
Now I need almost 2 full stacks to kill e.g. such an Goat Shaman in merciless -> that means at least 4 seconds for such an simple white monster while other builds (with a good weapon) one-shot them...

Didnt read something about monsters doing more dmg with this patch but now after this patch I die all the time (could be because of the low EA dmg connected with the delay doesnt kill monsters fast enough to prevent them from killing me)

Now my EA-build isnt really effective anymore and in multiplayer totally unplayable (even more than before)...

you can use it if you dont have a good bow/weapon, but if you found one, every skill is A LOT better...
I really dont get it... there are a lot of builds (eg. dual wield builds wich do 10k++ DPS with very good gear, oneshotting almost everything (white) in singleplayer but EA gets nerfed to the ground...
why? because EA doesnt need really perfect gear???

EA wasnt OP at all. Sometimes it seemed so because most of the other skills depend so much of insane good gear to be effective (or mostly even more effective than EA)

Imho PoE's balancing currently does the same mistake like D3... Depends too much on good gear (and on item quantity/rarity), so that the game is too hard - or lets say too annoying till you get proper equipment...
Difficulty wont bring longterm-fun but a lot of special events, different! farmingspots lots of rare uniques/sets and skills/builds do...
Last edited by azraelb on Sep 30, 2012, 3:13:35 PM
Due to the changes to EA I have had to change my build slightly. I now use two flame totems with knockback as well as EA. With the changes is EA now affected by weapon elemental damage?
RIP Bolto
It would be nice if, since the fuses were changed to projectiles and now suffer at necessary supports (GMP), if the actual damage dealt were changed from a set integer range to a portion of weapon damage, so that EA can once again be built around by applying the benefits of weapon damage as well. I think it would lead to a much more balanced application for builds (incentive to use a good bow, build design doesn't preclude use of other skills for single target dps)

Edit: I also feel as though Elemental Equilibrium has become an integral part of building with this skill; if such changes were made it would be nice if the fuses only applied fire damage via a scaling %, as to maintain the integrity of using EE in the build.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 8, 2012, 9:21:52 AM
I don't really understand the use of this skill right now.
It's useless from every point of view; you can't leech good, it does not have a great damage, it does not scale good with anything...

I mean, why did you nerf the use of multiple projectiles with EA if EA itself does not scale with projectiles perks/passives?It's just a plain nerf, it does not feel right. You can make it a BLUE or RED gem, because the only way to bring it on is AoE, Duration and Fire Damage. It has nothing of DEX but being a bow skill. But wait, does bow damage apply to it?No?:\

At least make it scale with projectiles passives, since the nerf was on multiple projectile use..
Last edited by kadrek91 on Oct 12, 2012, 2:55:10 PM
"
zriL wrote:
additional question : will it be considered as weapon damage ?
The arrow hitting has always been weapon damage. The explosion is not weapon damage (for it to be that, it would need to be dealing the damage of your weapon).
"
Zentradi wrote:
I need a clarification tho : now that EA explosions is projectile dmg, we can put points into passives nodes that give some and the dmg of the explosion will get buffed right ?
Yes. The change made was that projectile damage modifiers now affect the explosion of the arrow, so now they do.
"
kadrek91 wrote:
I mean, why did you nerf the use of multiple projectiles with EA if EA itself does not scale with projectiles perks/passives?
"
kadrek91 wrote:
At least make it scale with projectiles passives, since the nerf was on multiple projectile use..
It does. The change made was not "make multiple projectiles' penalty affect it" it was "make the explosion damage considered projectile damage and affected by all modifiers to such".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info