Discharge

"
Cudez wrote:
played Discharge now for some time and here is the critique:

IT SHOULD HAVE INTERNAL COOLDOWN!

Honestly - I managed to pull out Rainbow Mjölner discharge and its basically ruining everyhint else I try to build. Why si this? It is because I always compare Dischareg to everything else I play. Its almost impossible to play anything else when Mjölner Disharge is way too overwpoered compared to anything else (period).

Here is my setup:

The thing is: I have crit, I have spell crit, I have 3 different charges, and I get non stop headbreaking spam of Discharge that is just too OPOP.

I want an Internal CD to Mjölner so I can even possibly consider of playing any other toon.

Best,
Cudez

Actually,
is not so freaking OP there.
Why? Because
are items, that make it so freaking OP and imbalanced.
Yes, Discharge has no CD, so what? It is nothing without charges, and you wont gain charges quickly enough without those two OP items. Especially without

Just try to make something powerful without Romira and Voll's. Or even without Romira... GL
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 16, 2015, 8:11:45 AM
Mathil is clearing a 76 map with a lvl 1 discharge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhdKHmxCb24

Just posting this here because it's pretty interesting and certainly not off topic.. i think :)
Whats the best way to check discharge damage output?

Current running it with Mjolner with 5 power charge. Also is purify of lighting is the only save way to survive elemental reflect? found myself couple time one shot RIP (75% lightning resist).
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Hi, ever since the Awakening beta, alot of things has indirectly nerfed Discharge. I will be discussing this from my point of view as a player that hard casts Discharge.

Discharge is one of the spells in the game most unique. It's the only active-skill that's not self-sufficient (or one of the few). It requires a build-up through various charges (power, frenzy, endurance). Therefore, it will either be gem-dependent or item-dependent especially to make it more efficient.

Voll's Protector, Voll's Devotion, etc. You also need high critical rate to sustain the charges. While Discharge is great at clearing mobs, it's by no means the best build in the game. It has many weaknesses that you just cannot overcome (like other standard builds).

So lets talk nerfs.

Discharge has lost 1% base crit, which really hurts. The high base crit on discharge was one of it's iconic stats.

Bloodrage degen is now physical. I don't think it's a surprise that many Dischargers run Bloodrage as a means to gain Frenzy charges, and thus means they will likely go CI to do so, as it is more effecient (Voll's items pretty much lock Energy Shield usage into place). While Frenzy charges are now better for other characters, the buff to Frenzy charges and subsequent nerf to Bloodrage tends to hurt Dischargers more than helping them. The fact that energy shield does not recharge while bloodrage is up will hurt. I am one of the people that doesn't see why Bloodrage was viewed as "free" on CI based builds. I mean, that's what CI does, makes you immune to chaos damage - for having basically no health. Chaos Innoculation also prevents one from utilizing the "low-life" aspect of Bloodrage - hence the trade off is equal IMO.

The extra node needed to reach the +1 charges also nerfs Discharge as well on the passive skill-tree. Where as before, you can path a certain way to avoid the extra duration node, now it's mandatory.

So to conclude, please don't hit Discharge with so many nerfs, it doesn't feel warranted. I'm sure I missed a couple others. I would love to see one of these reverted some way or somehow balanced out in another area.
Last edited by SuperHeroR on May 28, 2015, 12:19:10 PM
A quick question about Discharge: if I link it with Chance to Ignite, is the ignite-chance calculated once for all mobs it hits, or separately for every mob? Will either everything burn or nothing, or will some mobs burn and some not?

thanks in advance
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
On-Hit effects are calculated on a per-Hit basis.
The worst part about Discharge is that GGG balances it with Mjoelner in mind. Just slap a fucking cooldown on it so it cant be trigger spammed anymore. Then you can finally balance this skill in a proper fashion.

Discharge is so ridiculously inefficient when being self casted its not even funny. Burn Discharge has been shit since Flameblast was introduced. All other typed have been shit since basically forever. And to make it worse they now even removed part of the skills AoE. Its almost tragic how people who are supposedly balancing the game can not see these flaws and the blatantly obvious solutions.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 24, 2015, 7:42:43 AM
Anyone have any tips to help fps/lockups when spamming this skill against undying/necrovigil/phactyeral link mobs? If i hit them for like 10-15 secs i just go to 0 fps and can actually dc myself.
"
nynyny wrote:
The worst part about Discharge is that GGG balances it with Mjoelner in mind. Just slap a fucking cooldown on it so it cant be trigger spammed anymore. Then you can finally balance this skill in a proper fashion.

Discharge is so ridiculously inefficient when being self casted its not even funny. Burn Discharge has been shit since Flameblast was introduced. All other typed have been shit since basically forever. And to make it worse they now even removed part of the skills AoE. Its almost tragic how people who are supposedly balancing the game can not see these flaws and the blatantly obvious solutions.

Exactly. Discharge is by no means overpowered. It's actually much worse than for example, arc. You need to gain charges to be able to use discharge. Even with items like romira's banquet, you still need to cast 7 incinerates (assuming you run it with 7 power charges) in order to discharge. factoring in the cast times, using self-casted discharge is actually a question of "why?" because you'd be much more efficient running any other lightning spell.

I can't fathom why GGG decides to nerf _DISCHARGE_ when the problem is and never was discharge, the problem is Mjölner. GGG made a lot of very irrational "balance" decisions, not just regarding discharge, in 2.0 that I strongly suspect they don't really understand their own game. The best solution to keep a system stable is to keep it simple. Instead of simplifying the system, GGG just introduced more complexity into it. Life leech rate? Like what the hell, couldn't you just make all life leech instant by default and remove the VP keystone entirely? Unnecessary increases in complexity only make the game harder to understand and balance, not the other way around.

Just remove Mjölner altogether from the game or change Discharge's keywords to not include the words "Fire, Cold, Lightning" anymore and you just balanced discharge. GGG should promote self-cast discharge, when all these nerfs to discharge only serve to further promote triggering it. Why would you self cast a spell that is continuously nerfed when you can just triggerspam it?
Last edited by husyk on Aug 29, 2015, 3:26:33 PM
...Leech Rate already existed prior to 2.0. Leech was so damn powerful you never needed it, but it still existed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info