Discharge

I'd recommend keeping the endurance charge damage where it is now, since they're by far the easiest to get, and boost the damage for the other 2 charges by maybe 20-30%. Power charges are difficult to get (for the moment) and frenzy charges are limited by your attack speed and accuracy.

Unfortunately, any time the skills/passives/items that grant charges change, this skill will probably need tweaking again. But that's pretty much inherent to the nature of the skill...
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
KurzedMetal wrote:

This is the only reason why this skill draw my attention and made me make a build for it, it was different. I really hope to never see the changes you are recommending. If this is done, you can correctly rename this skill to "Rainbow Nova".

It's not really that different. It's just a nova skill that uses charges like combo points.

If the charges each did something different, like power charges shooting chain lightning and endurance doing a life drain effect, then perhaps.

"
ronda174 wrote:
wasn't easy to frenzy it up with my melee, but yes if it wasn't clear i mean frenzy-melee, your "was too easy" can only be used for anything range related

this is actually my main problem with the game, i don't have the confidence that a great balance can be achieved, when all skills are basicly available for any build

If you were playing melee you could have been using enduring cry to stack charges, unless you were maybe playing a ranger.

Maybe what Urist suggested about endurance charges doing less damage would be a good idea. Although it may just be a better idea to remove the damage dealt by endurance charges all together, as there are better options for doing just as much damage for builds with endurance charges, and put some sort of defensive or none damaging effect on it instead.
well say goodbye to my lvl 49 duelist that i made as a charge build. Dmg is way too low. Im having 5 frenzy charges and 5 endurance charges now, and the dmg is REALLY low. I cant do anything else since i made a specific charge build to try this stuff out.

im now on merciless and discharge with all charges dont even kill normal mobs in 1 hit i believe, and because i put all my points to getting all frenzy/endurance charges, my char isnt meant for anything else...

GG, another character wasted.... :(
Last edited by masteralbert on Dec 8, 2011, 6:11:21 PM
Its a beta. you are supposed to "waste" characters for SCIENCE!! and all that
I'm back to say i reached lvl53 with my HC Templar.

I'm using "Faster cast" with Enduring Cry (planning to add an "Increased area of effect" just for fun if i can keep with the mana costst).
And "Chance to ignite", "Increased critical chance" and "Concentrated area of effect" on my Discharge.

I got the 3x15% Ignite damage nodes from the Templar side, and i'm currently going after the 2x15% in the Witch side. So basically when enemies get burned, they are dead.
In the best cases (when there are tons of enemies around) i get 4-5 charges per Enduring Cry cast, which i obviously Discharge immediately, if not, 2 Enduring Cries are usually enough to max my charges (5 right now, i may end up with 6).
Bosses are a bit harder, since i have to cast 5 Endurance cries to do some damage, but igniting them helps a lot.

Overall isn't too strong (maybe because my items sucks, i dunno), but works, Concentrated Area of Effect was the gem i needed for my build, without it, damage would be kinda low to even 1hit normal enemies.

I can usually kill normal enemies with 1-2 Discharges, the blue ones in 2-4, bosses... a ton, depending on base HP of the monster and luck (ignite or crit).
I've hit 6-7 times to some rare monsters without getting them ignited, and it happens way too often, do they have resistance to ignite? because this feels pretty weird when i have a 50% chance to ignite.
Last edited by KurzedMetal on Dec 12, 2011, 11:57:21 AM
at lvl 44 i am struggling in ruthless edge as a templar with legacy crit gear
Steam:Gonejah
this is so lame caster suck dick, no wonder why all the old players left...

all the replay value is gone now too

look at a duelist dps compared to a caster WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU

its clear in 9.1 melee sucked dick and melee whiners were everywhere on the forum, about the time you recruited alpha... so i guess this is what you get a melee bias game id rather play diablo 2 with a mod then this bullshit, blizzard balances better then this AHAHAHA thats like the worst thing to say about the game too,

another note all my group of friends played in 9.1 and yeah it takes ten years do get anywhere now and we all agreee the changes you have made are FUCKING BORING AND RESTRICTIVE ON EVERY LEVEL OF PLAY

and on the last note i feel embarrassed telling people to play cause its NOW A FUCKING TRAP OH LOOOKS SOOOO GOOOD BUT WHEN YOU PLAY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING TEDIOUS

IF I WANTED TO WORK ID GET A JOB
Steam:Gonejah
Last edited by nugstash on Dec 17, 2011, 2:43:30 AM
OK, not sure what is wrong with the previous poster. Perhaps he and all his friends were playing witches and were upset when spells were nerfed.

I have a few questions about discharge:
•Is this spell affected by %spell and %elemental damage? It does not show on the spells tooltip
•What is the area of effect for this spell? Is it the same as ice nova for example
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
OK, not sure what is wrong with the previous poster. Perhaps he and all his friends were playing witches and were upset when spells were nerfed.

•Is this spell affected by %spell and %elemental damage? It does not show on the spells tooltip
•What is the area of effect for this spell? Is it the same as ice nova for example

Spell damage and elemental damage do work, though we've got no way to show it with the special stat it has. Not sure about the aoe thing sorry, I'm sure Mark will tell us when he's back from holiday :D
Balance & Design
"
Covert wrote:

Its quite big. I currently have 80% increase AOE on discharge. It hits almost the entire screen (excluding the corners)
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info