Detonate Dead

If you're interested in the maths that leads to that number, a freeze lasts 100ms for every 1% of the target's life you dealt as cold damage on the triggering hit.
Freezes of less than 300ms duration are ignored, so 300ms is the shortest freeze, which requires 3% of life to be dealt as cold damage.
think its a cool skill, maybe cast speed needs a tiny increase, but balanced atm.
This skill looks great and feels wrong.

I cannot get this skill to be effective for me. It scales very poorly, remaining at a fixed 18% fire damage, and only increasing physical damage insignificantly. It needs at least a significant increase in radius. A listing of the radius would be good in skill description.
Also, it feels wrong as dexterity, I feel it should be an Intelligence skill.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I love this skill, especially since for this purpose, I don't have to level it: It may do the damage of a pocket knife but it really helps my Ranger to get through Prison and Chambers of Sin. Detonating corpses means viable life insurance against pesky necromancers if you can't just run into a room and take them out while their minions surround you. With Detonate Dead, I can bait minions out, clean up and then watch the necromancers just shuffle around and wiggle their fingers while I take care of them. It's actually pretty fun to watch. :-D
I threw it on a totem for a while and it was my automatic clean up crew. Fun
"
nebb1234 wrote:
I threw it on a totem for a while and it was my automatic clean up crew. Fun

I just did the same (detonate dead on a spell totem) in a two-man group and it didn't seem to work properly. It didn't explode corpses right next to it and would instead just sit there. Usually it explodes between 1 and 4 corpses before stopping. I couldn't find any further pattern to it. Has this happened to anyone else or does somebody have an idea what could cause this?
It explodes corpses near enemies it can hurt with the explosion.
Ah ok, thanks. I'll check if that's indeed what was happening.
If that was it I guess that makes the setup less useful for "defending" against necromancers but then that probably is only an incidental use of the skill anyway.
When the Necromancer reanimates a corpse in the middle of a corpse pile, the Totem will immediately begin exploding the other corpses. This fulfulls a double purpose; to kill the freshly reanimated monster, and to prevent further reanimations! :)
(glass half full)
this spell needs no change its amazing and really powerful if u spec for it

i need only 1 dead body to start a chain reaction viable in hgih lvl maps 65+

dont expect to get dmg out of it if u dont spec for it u need aoe passives fire dmg passives and so on

with all aoe passives u can detonate the whole screen and keep them in burned state
Unavailable

my links

enjoy the monsterbombing
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Dec 28, 2012, 9:56:15 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info