Detonate Dead

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2023, 9:20:13 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The damage of this skill is not counted as spell damage and as such is not affected by spell damage increases.
Elemental/Fire/Physical damage increases affect the relevant parts of damage as always.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
pneuma wrote:
I could swear the damage is based off the solo-player enemy HP while in parties.
That is correct.
"
pneuma wrote:
even though it's supposed to be based off enemy HP which should scale with the group size.
Being in a party increases the monsters' life. It doesn't increase the damage output of any player skills (if it did what would be the point?), so would be unbalanced for it to do so for this one.
"
thenewapollo wrote:
can anyone please tell me if the damage reduction from totems does apply to detonate dead. thanks for feedback.
Yes.
"
Daemonjax wrote:
Another problem with this skill that I encountered in group-play was shattered corpses.

After some testing I discovered that literally any amount of cold damage will shatter corpses, if the killing blow was a crit (seems to work this way, at least).

Even 1 point of cold damage. How many players have at least 1 point of cold damage?
This is not the case. Freeze duration is based on the percentage of the target's life dealt as cold damage, and if the duration would be less than 300ms it is ignored entirely, and no freeze occurs (and thus no shatter). You need to deal at least 3% of a monster's maximum life as cold damgae to freeze it.
If you're interested in the maths that leads to that number, a freeze lasts 100ms for every 1% of the target's life you dealt as cold damage on the triggering hit.
Freezes of less than 300ms duration are ignored, so 300ms is the shortest freeze, which requires 3% of life to be dealt as cold damage.
It explodes corpses near enemies it can hurt with the explosion.
An interesting argument. I'll bring it up with Carl.
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
"
FleepQc wrote:
Would really like to know if elemental dominion works with detonate dead . Did anyone test it?

If spell damage mods don't effect DD, then i guess Ele Dominion wont work on it?
Correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info