Blood Rage

You're taking damage, and Energy Shield doesn't regenerate until after you stop taking damage. Pretty sure this is a case of Feature, Not a Bug. :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You're taking damage, and Energy Shield doesn't regenerate until after you stop taking damage. Pretty sure this is a case of Feature, Not a Bug. :)
Correct.
This skill should have exception with flickering strike.
when you 1 hit kill with flickering and you can jump all around area dodging dmg it becomes ultimate defense and offence.
If i link blood rage with AOE support will chaos decreases?
On the first page someone said he'll never stay at <30% life for more than one attack, and using this skill its pretty hard to keep your life constantly at low value so faster attack turns out to be useless. I think it would be better to make the skill reserve adequate amount of life keeping the other properties as is.
If you want to utilise the Low Life clause, you could link an Aura to a Blood Magic support gem. Not only does this cause the Aura to reserve Life, it also jacks up the total reservation by a lot; +150% with a level 1 BM gem.

The cost increase goes down by 2.5% per level.
Hatred reserves 30% Life, and with a +117% cost increase you are permanently on Low Life. That's gem level 14. Leveling the gem to 15 or higher would take you above the 35% Life threshold, if I'm not mistaking.
A 40% reservation is very risky; even with a level 20 Blood Magic gem you're looking at ~80% Life reserved.

The Quality bonus on Blood Magic is +0.5% Attack Speed when low on Life, which is pretty much perfect for the build. Blood Rage itself gets +1% AS when Low per Quality, too.

With a high level, high quality Blood Rage, you can get a permanent 50% increase in attack speed (60% max), not even counting the Frenzy charges you'll be getting. Of course, you're also constantly very low on life.

------------
Without building for it specifially, the Attack Speed when Low is not a very useful bonus, but in my experience Blood Rage is worth it even without the Low Life bonus.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 10, 2012, 2:17:59 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If you want to utilise the Low Life clause, you could link an Aura to a Blood Magic support gem. Not only does this cause the Aura to reserve Life, it also jacks up the total reservation by a lot; +150% with a level 1 BM gem.

The cost increase goes down by 2.5% per level.
Hatred reserves 30% Life, and with a +117% cost increase you are permanently on Low Life. That's gem level 14. Leveling the gem to 15 or higher would take you above the 35% Life threshold, if I'm not mistaking.
A 40% reservation is very risky; even with a level 20 Blood Magic gem you're looking at ~80% Life reserved.

The Quality bonus on Blood Magic is +0.5% Attack Speed when low on Life, which is pretty much perfect for the build. Blood Rage itself gets +1% AS when Low per Quality, too.

With a high level, high quality Blood Rage, you can get a permanent 50% increase in attack speed (60% max), not even counting the Frenzy charges you'll be getting. Of course, you're also constantly very low on life.

------------
Without building for it specifially, the Attack Speed when Low is not a very useful bonus, but in my experience Blood Rage is worth it even without the Low Life bonus.

take a step back now... there is two issues here that makes this tactic not work, as an overal build.

1) the attack speed boost from blood magic, it for attack skills, not buffs or auras. similar issue as everyone keeps trying to give the two item find supports to auras or buffs, doesn't give you the mods.

2) you need regen to counter the self damage over time part of blood magic. easily fixed with a unique or some passives, but i had to point it out as you didn't mention it.

a high rick high reward build is always desired in path of exile experts though, good luck and great thinking! just be careful hahaha.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
1) the attack speed boost from blood magic, it for attack skills, not buffs or auras. similar issue as everyone keeps trying to give the two item find supports to auras or buffs, doesn't give you the mods.

Ah, right, I forgot that it wouldn't work like Blood Rage's IAS when Low would. Ah well :)

EDIT: Actually, a bigger problem would be that having Blood Rage active means you're taking damage... Which stops ES regneration. Hmmm :/
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 11, 2012, 9:14:19 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Ah, right, I forgot that it wouldn't work like Blood Rage's IAS when Low would. Ah well :)

EDIT: Actually, a bigger problem would be that having Blood Rage active means you're taking damage... Which stops ES regneration. Hmmm :/

my statement #@ addressed that already. or more specifically these options:
get 4% of regen passives on grid
grab chaos indoct
use the unique shield springleaf (6% regen while low life)

the two situations not CI, you could still use blood magic'ed support to force yourself to stay at low hp as otherwise regen from passives and uniques will be stronger than the self damage of this skill. in the case of springleaf, the hp bar will literally bounce as reported on another skill's thread. example: with full hp and 5% regen, taking damage over time that is weaker than the regen, will deal 1 hp in damage then back to full rapidly back and forth.
Shouldn't the chaos damage portion get reduced a little bit faster? (Say, 3% of hp in chaos damage at lvl 20?)
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Aug 14, 2012, 3:04:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info