Blood Rage

Mark, how about doing this:

The max duration of the skill is equal to the enhanced duration (with gems/passives).

Each kills while under bloodrage add 20 seconds.

Since the time cap is under 20s, it simply max out the maximum time it can have.

That's probably not the most elegant way to do it, but it should work.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Mark, how about doing this:

The max duration of the skill is equal to the enhanced duration (with gems/passives).

Each kills while under bloodrage add 20 seconds.

Since the time cap is under 20s, it simply max out the maximum time it can have.

That's probably not the most elegant way to do it, but it should work.
That doesn't work, I'm afraid. There's no concept of a "max duration" for the skill, nor could such a thing be easily added if we wanted one.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 10, 2012, 2:02:48 AM
FYI, if you have skill duration passives or buff/debuff passives (which, granted, aren't as common or easily obtained as they probably should be), both the initial duration and the reset duration after a kill will be increased.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
FYI, if you have skill duration passives or buff/debuff passives (which, granted, aren't as common or easily obtained as they probably should be), both the initial duration and the reset duration after a kill will be increased.
Correct - the issue is to do with getting information that only exists in the skill into the new buff. The stats you have increase all buffs you make, so will apply to the new blood rage. But it doesn't have access to the skill which created it, and it's hard to get that information (especially since you could have multiple instances of the blood rage skill with different supports)
couldn't you have bloodrage put a value in the game memory when it's used, the value would be equal to it's duration and then when you refresh it, you simply call back that value?
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Linchpin wrote:
The charges last about as long so it doesn't really matter, does it? Why would you cast Blood Rage so long before encountering a mob pack?

For the builds that Blood rage is normally for, they would rush into frays and have no trouble keeping it up, but with a ranged glass-cannon build, the time it takes to check out sockets on loot and then creep forward a few screens is more than 11s but less than 17s. Which means you would cast blood rage, kill mobs, check loot, creep forward while summoning skeletons, blood rage runs out, recast blood rage, kill mobs. The constant recasting of Blood rage is a hefty inconvenience in fast-paced ARPG combat. It's mainly the "check loot" part that is responsible for the time crunch, I have a compulsive urge to check every white drop for chromatic linked or full linked sockets. Increased Duration would make up for this shortcoming if it worked, but I'm not that invested in the skill since it's not really intended for my build anyway.

"
couldn't you have bloodrage put a value in the game memory when it's used, the value would be equal to it's duration and then when you refresh it, you simply call back that value?

Presumably every skill works under a certain data structure, and if you start adding quick-fix exceptions for every skill that causes bugs then the code would quickly become unwieldy.
Last edited by revenantlaw on Jul 11, 2012, 9:56:13 PM
im kind of confused as to why blood rage totems work....
srdy
"
hellboar wrote:
im kind of confused as to why blood rage totems work....
because totems can cast buffs, not that a totem will get any use out of blood rage or anything XD. i will die laughing watching a totem slowly kill itself (other than semi instantly via righteous fire).
well yeah you kinda see my point though right? if it cant do anything but cast blood rage on itself why is the link even enable for this skill...
srdy
Found a bug with my DW duelist. I use life+armor build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQQBAmUqhgpl2U4OhOkcDvSWESD-_o4j70isJEKdoCmGwI80NrVqNe5g-jeXCEQ6_biGPSq--EEt8PRExjLpR12CwkhZ_PNRYZ0tUvyEBFNPbMJUeecAWekyAVxZFhhhimooYZrfSnAjd-BxhCkcc77KmX87b0-WxjQJlBalo_XEPsmyvDr8rrrb4YbmhQ_ADNxhiWl-lv1oCW2F_S_8jJ8LaoJ57e64ZfYJqpft45SDO56VwD5R3qCvTavgMhWhYXeMqkgB89jZxq_qO24_onkF84kb7dy51kRh0UgtKM-N8ez39JsoygGufYQJ_inWKw-4

When using Discipline to get some more pool on top of life and using Blood Rage ES doesnt regenerate until BR wears off. So that means that any non-CI character using BR is restricted from using ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info