PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Blood Rage

this skill can be really really dangerous if playing in hardcore

I suppose if you were playing a build that had a bunch of life leech from equipment and aoe attacks this might be a viable skill in HC, otherwise too much risk for not enough reward.
I've been using it in HC and have never once been near dying from it so far. I'm in the earlier parts of Cruel difficulty though and I have quite a bit of passive HP regen to offset its damage. The fact that it gives you 100% uptime on Frenzy charges alone makes it well worth the fact that you will constantly be using potions. I'm running 2x Giant Health flasks and 3xMedium Vials atm and it keeps my health safe even when I'm tanking 10+ enemies. I do feel like it becomes a necessity to use Warlord's Mark once you hit Cruel and use this ability though.
I love using this skill on my sword Ranger.

She has gone all out attack speed and with this skill on top, the gameplay is quite franatic. I am not sure how it will be at higher levels, but it seems like the percentage health lost is quite right. :)

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
50 frenzy ranger. I agree with all comments. Gem info is misleading - had no clue why I was losing life at first. And the atk speed Inc at low life should be an Inc to evasion rating buff that lasts atleast a few secs or something. I already attack at over 3.25 times a sec.

That being said. I really like the skill. Always keep it on with 7 frenzy charges ATM. Sometimes find myself running ahead just to keep the buff up. Quickens the pace and i even leave behind loot/party members. The life drain does become a factor when u have this up nearly all the time. But with life on hit/leech it evens out as long as you have lots of mobs available.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." A. Einstein
Beta Testers = Insane
Level 33 duel-sword, soon to be pure armour, duelist.

I find the life lost vs. the life gained ratio, especially combined with warlord's mark is unbeatable.

However, the even MORE attack speed at 35% health seems rather redundant to me. If you are at low health, and are in very high level game play, sometimes you can get killed unnaturally quickly at that low of health. Most of the time, when mobs are kept under check with cleave (life steal per hit support gem) Blood Rage and warlords mark, you cant go wrong.

In short, I am not saying you die too fast, (though that sometimes is, rarely, a case in and of itself) it feels like part of the skill, in which should be getting used more often, is getting left out. Hence, part of the skill is useless.
I was using this skill on my Avatar of Fire char, and I was impressed by how it wasn't just "free Frenzy charges" like on my other characters. Okay, so it still was used on almost every fight without forethought, but without the life leech it actually had a cost.

This has prompted me to try and ditch ES on all my int characters, so they can use it "consequence-free". My point, without the life leech this skill is still amazing, so why does it give amazing life leech also? Unless the passive Frenzy charge per kill gets nerfed, maybe a percent chance based on gem level, as I'm never going to level this in its current state...
"
Squidgyxombie wrote:
I was using this skill on my Avatar of Fire char, and I was impressed by how it wasn't just "free Frenzy charges" like on my other characters. Okay, so it still was used on almost every fight without forethought, but without the life leech it actually had a cost.

This has prompted me to try and ditch ES on all my int characters, so they can use it "consequence-free". My point, without the life leech this skill is still amazing, so why does it give amazing life leech also? Unless the passive Frenzy charge per kill gets nerfed, maybe a percent chance based on gem level, as I'm never going to level this in its current state...

iirc, leveling it up reduced the health drain percentage.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Requesting to know if the Blood Rage bug that keeps Energy Shields from recharging when Blood Rage is active even though you have Chaos Inoculation and are immune to chaos damage will be fixed with 0.9.5.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
Drudley wrote:
Requesting to know if the Blood Rage bug that keeps Energy Shields from recharging when Blood Rage is active even though you have Chaos Inoculation and are immune to chaos damage will be fixed with 0.9.5.

We'll see if we can get round to this, though we weren't aware of it until now! And Mark has run off on holiday.
Balance & Design
0.9.5 feedback below this post

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info