Blood Rage

"
RabidRabbit wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
"
Drudley wrote:
Requesting to know if the Blood Rage bug that keeps Energy Shields from recharging when Blood Rage is active even though you have Chaos Inoculation and are immune to chaos damage will be fixed with 0.9.5.

We'll see if we can get round to this, though we weren't aware of it until now! And Mark has run off on holiday.

anyone know whether this has been fixed now?
I'm back, and I've just fixed it.
I found a bug with Blood Rage and Increased Duration support.

Although when you cast the skill the duration is the Increased one as soon as you kill your first enemy the duration resets to the one without Increased Duration support making using that support pointless.

"
Torin wrote:
Known Issues List
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
Known Issues List

Ups :D

I read that list a few weeks ago but forgot this one was already on it. I even read this whole topic to see if anyone reported this one before me :D

"
FaceLicker wrote:
As a Marauder, It is far too easy to get enough life regen to completely negate the chaos degen of Blood Rage. It can be done on other classes too but not nearly as easy as a Marauder.

Actually it's imo easier to get enough life regen on glass cannon build - low max life then on more though char.
Since it deals % of max life - the less you have max life the less life per second is drained.
For 500-600 max hp char few 150-200 hp regen per second items can almost offset hp drain from BR.

It's not a bug section but.
Dunno if it was reported but.

Sometimes BR provides max number of frenzy charges for just single kill.
I haven't tested that too much but and can't replicate that but it happens to me pretty often.
Like I got no charges I take some mob to 10% of hp -> I cast br -> kill mob -> I get 7 frenzy charges instead of 1 (or 2 if killed by frenzy skill) for kill.

Anyone else got similar situation? :>
Last edited by ness on Jan 11, 2012, 6:27:44 PM
"
ness wrote:
Actually it's imo easier to get enough life regen on glass cannon build - low max life then on more though char.
Since it deals % of max life - the less you have max life the less life per second is drained.
For 500-600 max hp char few 150-200 hp regen per second items can almost offset hp drain from BR.
There's all kinds of wrong with this.

First of all, we have item mods with 'Life Regenerated per Minute' NOT per second. That makes a huge difference.

Second, in order for a 500hp character to offset the 4% chaos degen on Blood Rage he would need to get 1200 Life Regenerated per Minute or 20 per second. In order to get that much from a 'few' items you would need four 300+ items, five 240+ items or six 200+ items. The problem with that is, you cant get 300 on items until lvl 59. You can't get 240 until lvl 44. That's a long time to wait where as the Deulist can get 4% Life Regen per Second at about level 10. If you want to spend lots of currency and time looking for 6 items with 200+ Life per minute then be my guest but you're also wasting tons of other valuable mods in the process.

Thirdly, Blood Rage deals 4% degen per second. It doesn't matter if you have 500hp or 2000 hp, all you need is 4% to offset that. That's it, it's just that simple. Anything more than 4% is just pure profit.

"
ness wrote:
I haven't tested that too much but and can't replicate that but it happens to me pretty often.
Like I got no charges I take some mob to 10% of hp -> I cast br -> kill mob -> I get 7 frenzy charges instead of 1 (or 2 if killed by frenzy skill) for kill.

Anyone else got similar situation? :>
I have used Blood Rage on every one of my characters(no exaggeration) since .92 and I have never come across this. I'd say it's definitely a bug.
"
ness wrote:
It's not a bug section but.
Dunno if it was reported but.

I've never seen this - it's certainly a bug, I'll look into it and see what I can work out.
As level 60 acrobatics dual-wield ranger I love this skill.

One fundamental flaw with it from my perspective is the bonus attack speed from "low health". This skill keeps you topped off in combat thus you never gain the benefit with responsible gameplay.

Suggested Change:

I would like to see the bonus attack speed significantly lowered and have the effect trigger around 75% max health. This would also make the quality version of gem worthwhile.
Last edited by Lo4f on Jan 19, 2012, 1:17:06 AM
When I get chilled or frozen while this skill is active, My character turns white even after the chill or frozen effect.

I am not affected with the freeze or chill beyond the normal length.

It appears to look like Blood Rage but white instead of the weird red/black color.

I did a /debug, not sure if it was caught, since every time I notice this, I am in the middle of not dieing so its hard to get a screenshot.
Insanity is overrated unless you join me in mine.
"
DarkRookie wrote:
When I get chilled or frozen while this skill is active, My character turns white even after the chill or frozen effect.
This issue has been around forever. GGG even has it listed in the .92 known issues thread as evidenced by this Thread but have yet to resolve the problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info