Blood Rage

Blood rage work with the chaos resist ? if i have more chaos resistance i lost less hp ?
"
keta wrote:
Blood rage work with the chaos resist ? if i have more chaos resistance i lost less hp ?
yes, the last page and half was talking about this.
I tried to link Increased Duration support gem on Blood Rage and now after casting Blood Rage timer is 20 seconds, but after first kill it resets to 12 seconds even if I kill with 19 seconds left. It should not be like that, description says "Killing an enemy while this buff is active refreshes the buff duration and grants a grenzy charge"

Last edited by jungleizmassiv on Feb 16, 2013, 5:31:00 AM
Known issue. That's why it's being reported like three times per week and is on the Known Issues list. Wait, that doesn't make any sense...
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 16, 2013, 5:35:21 AM
sorry, did not see that in last 2 pages so I wrote it.
"
Vaaz wrote:
"
Incompetent wrote:
....unless you really need all 18 gem sockets for other things...

Their is 24 total Gem sockets

Oops yes. Point stands, Blood Rage is a no-brainer if you have taken CI. Whether CI is viable is another matter, of course...
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
We're keeping an eye on feedback, nut for now we have no plans to change the interaction of blood rage with increasing resist penalties for higher difficulties.
It's arguably better now at higher difficulties because you can actually have the option to get chaos resist, where before you had no way to mitigate it. Characters using blood rage will probably want to prioritise stacking chaos resist more than other characters, and that's fine.

That would be fine if Chaos Resist wasn't so rare, and when it does show up, it shows up on completely garbage gear. You now force any Blood Rage user (which was quite a few of them) to go HP/Armor/Eva/Chaos/Ele Resists now on every single piece of gear. That's just to stay alive.

Any gear that actually is good and has chaos resist on it also costs an arm and a leg. So...... yeah.
Last edited by allbusiness on Feb 18, 2013, 12:08:59 AM
Hey
I noticed something weird in the bloodrage behavior, and I don't think that it is something that is intended.

I recently got Ghost Reaver on my ranger ( CI spec obv ), and so, the Blood Rage gem I had been training for quite a while became much more interesting than before. I am now using it all the time, that's how I noticed this issue :

My Blood Rage gem is in one of my weapon's socket ( dual wield ).

o If I buff myself with it, I can't switch to my bow right after without the buff instantly vanishing.
o If I buff myself, get a reset ( so kill one monster in melee ), then switch to bow, the buff doesn't vanish, and gets normally refreshed whenever I kill someone ( I'm still using a bow ).

So basically, when there is a large group of monsters I want to kill, I have to kill one in melee, then I backup and switch to my bow for the LMP+ice/lightning shot.

I will in the future have it on the cap/gloves/boots, but atm, it can be annoying, and it doesn't seem to me like a logical designed thing here, so I think that this is something worth being fixed.

EDIT : dunno if it can help but, if I get the melee reset, then burn all my frenzy charges, switching weapons doesn't remove the buff, so the thing would be about the reset, not the frenzy charge being with the buff.

EDIT 2 : If I get the reset, then refreshes manually the buff ( = just casting blood rage ), switching removes it. Seems to be connected with the "augmented duration" not affecting the reseted buff mechanic. Are the buff before and after the reset that different ? I mean, one is local and the other one global or so ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 18, 2013, 1:38:36 PM
Logically, Blood Rage should cancel as soon as you un-equip it (switch weapons are not equipped). It seems there are a few problems with Blood Rage's duration after refresh, such as how it interacts with increased buff duration.

Charges are a separate mechanic. Blood Rage generates Frenzy charges, but once you have the charges, their duration is not tied to your skills.
I never spoke about frenzy charges' duration being related to blood rage. As we have no way to know exactly how the game has been programmed, I give as much information as I have just in case that would be relevant to GGG's team. There could be interactions not intented or stuff like that, I have no element to know that.

And "logically speaking", blood rage is just a buff that fades out when the timer expires, so "logically", launching the spell should have nothing to do with having the gem equipped or not. This is probably not how it was designed, that deosn"t make it logical or not ( auras are different, they stay until the char dies or uncast them, there is logic in removing it when the character switches weapons ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 18, 2013, 7:26:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info