Blood Rage

This skill needs to be fixed asap, it was not scaled properly for merciless mode and was overlooked big time, the life leach of this gem does not even make up for the chaos damage per second, something needs to be changed asap.
not sure you read that there is life regen passives and equipment, and chaos resistance equipment. the chaos res penalty isn't that steep for this skill's own penalty, just have to prepair yourself, or hit harder for leech to work. can also use fixed life gain instead of leeching too.
I'd like to suggest adding a % of time to the duration of the skill per party members. In a big party it's really hard to keep blood rage up reasonably.

Thank you
I love this skill solo in combination with flicker strike, but it suffers too much in groups. That's fine I guess, I'm happy with my character being a ridiculous anime character in solo, I just hate joining groups and seeing your standard, already overpowered, GMP chain lightning arrow tearing it up even more than they would solo, as now they've only put more bodies between them and danger. Melee on the other hand end up getting shafted by having to compete for last hits, click through the spell effects/summoner noise, deal with harder hitting enemies, and so on.
Last edited by Nicchae on Feb 10, 2013, 11:45:43 AM
Enemies don't deal more damage when grouping; only their Life increases. What you're seeing is monsters actually being able to attack :P
Am I the only person thinking of it the following way?:

Can I solve the 6.5% Life Leech problem with high regen nodes?
Sure I can.

BUT !
I will end up losing so much points in the process that it will probably be better not to bother with it at all.

If the amount of points needed (to fill that 6.5% Life leech gap) exceeds the amount of points needed to gain 20% increased attack speed ( 3 standard Frenzy charges + 1 from bandit) it's simply not worth it for me.

don't forget chaos res, saves a lot of skill point for that line of thinking.
It's probably been said already but is there a reason why Blood Rage doesn't use the same "On Kill" mechanic that Power Siphon use? You know like the fact that it proc a charge as long as you land a hit soon before enemy dies? because BR is really hard to keep up in groups even in a group of 2.

I know I can use Frenzy to help but what if I can't (for not having a free green socket) or don't want to use a second skill as a band aid to it? (which is flawed design in my opinion). The fact that this skill is double edged in nature is more reasons to make it behave exactly like Power Siphon in term of "On Kill" mechanic.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Feb 12, 2013, 10:42:38 AM
This skill is awful, and needs changing!

As a life regen build

Because of the -60% chaos resistance in merciless difficulty you now require 6.2% life regen per second to counter blood rage's chaos damage (unless you have chaos resistance gear/passives). There are 7.4% life regen passives available to obtain. But they are relatively spread apart (in the duelist, templar + maurauder passive areas) so in order to pick up these passives you would have to make sacrifices (most likely offensive passives)

As a CI build

You can use blood rage without having to worry about the chaos damage, which you are immune to. The downside is you do not benefit from the increased attack speed bonus since you are always on full life, and you will regularly be stunned (particularly at higher levels) which would completely interrupt blood rage's casting, and your attacks.

So here's why i don't think blood rage is very good at all. Look at the skills' bonuses:

a) building frenzy charges (killing enemy grants 1, and refreshes duration of blood rage)
b) life leech (max 6%)
c) increased Attack Speed (max 37% - but only on low life)

a) This skill grants frenzy charges on kill. The skill "frenzy" grants charges on hit, and merely maintains the frenzy charge duration by hitting an enemy, rather than having to kill them. You only get 5% attack speed per frenzy charge through blood rage, whereas the skill "frenzy" you get 5%, + up to an additional 10% per charge,(not to mention the additional physical damage bonus.) So why use blood rage to grant frenzy charges when you can do it easier using the skill "frenzy" and have the additional bonuses the skill grants?

b) Since your life leech is based on how much physical damage you hit with, surely having to sacrifice offensive passives to make the skill viable to life regen builds, this skill is pointless, especially when a skill such as warlord's mark grants more life leech (max 7%) and does not require any passives to make it viable?

c) In terms of the increased attack speed on low life bonus, most life builds would want to maintain enough life regen to counter the chaos damage. Their aim is to nullify its effect, granting them the bonus without losing their life. So why would they want to lose 67% of their life just to get a small attack speed boost? At least something like a physical damage boost maybe instead would help boost the life leech. As for the CI build.... this bonus is just plain stupid! CI did not lose it's chaos immunity supposedly partially to keep this skill viable. Yet this bonus does not apply for CI builds, since you're always deemed on full life.

I think this skill all in all needs changing.

1) something needs doing so that life builds can also use this skill just as effectively as CI builds. You should not have to pick up 1 passive just to make a skill viable! Especially when it's a game changing passive like CI! And in terms of the life builds they should not have to spend so many passives just to maintain enough life regen to make the skill viable for merciless difficulty. -60% is simply too much chaos resistance for life builds!

2) Please remove the attack speed bonus on low life! This skill was obviously on the mind when CI kept its chaos immunity. Yet this added bonus stayed as it is, despite not even working for CI builds. Grant it an alternative bonus that helps blood rage keep in line with the perks of using the skill "frenzy" to grant frenzy charges, such as added % attack speed, or added physical damage, without having to be on low life.
<known issue - delete>
Last edited by kellypoe on Feb 11, 2013, 1:16:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info