Blood Rage

"
Fruz wrote:
And "logically speaking", blood rage is just a buff that fades out when the timer expires, so "logically", launching the spell should have nothing to do with having the gem equipped or not. This is probably not how it was designed, that deosn"t make it logical or not ( auras are different, they stay until the char dies or uncast them, there is logic in removing it when the character switches weapons ).

It seems to be a general rule in this game that you shouldn't benefit directly from skills without having the skill equipped. For instance, unequipping an aura gem cancels the aura, and unequipping your totem skill kills the totem. If this doesn't happen, it's probably a bug.
Can you put this on weapon swap and use it to cast the buff then switch back and it will stay active as long as you keep it refreshed?
Last edited by Xokks on Feb 21, 2013, 12:57:59 AM
"
Torin wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
I completely forgot merciless chaos penalty will ruin this gem :(
And I planned my build around this skill.... I see no way to get 60% chaos resistance to counter this :(
then counter with regen, life on hit, or the life leach it provides (and potions).

You cannot counter 9% degeneration with regen, life on hit is laughable at that point and potions don't scale well to keep you alive when you lose about 6% of your max life per second when you got 3000+ life (+monsters bashing on you). Life Leech and and huge DPS is only real option here but it is hard to have huge dps with single target melee skills (or any other melee skill). Huge DPS is normally a product of chain+ranged skills or spork totems.

This change to Blood Rage killed Flicker builds for non-CI chars as soon as you enter merciless difficulty (and before then skill itself has too much of its own degeneration to be useful) :(

I run bloodrage in merciless ;). Life based shadow. You can still do it as a life build.
"
SoujiroSeta wrote:
I run bloodrage in merciless ;). Life based shadow. You can still do it as a life build.

I'd immagine for such a build maxing out your chaos resist would be a key priority.

I use blood rage on a CI witch with conduit.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Feb 27, 2013, 1:42:24 PM
Its not possible to use this with culling strikes is it lol
"

Um yes it is very possible. It gives me frenzy charges for every enemy killed while bloodrage is active. This is using power siphon which has culling strike built into the skill.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Mar 3, 2013, 8:23:08 PM
culling strikes as a support gem to bloodrage, shouldn't do anything. because the damage over time never hits and thus cannot trigger culling strike on yourself.

otherwise, the post above mine for everything else such as unique weapon mods or the support linked to other skills.
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
"

Um yes it is very possible. It gives me frenzy charges for every enemy killed while bloodrage is active. This is using power siphon which has culling strike built into the skill.

I meant the support gem....it's just wishful thinking that you could attach something like that to make anything you hit when bloodrage is active get culling strikes.
"
I meant the support gem....it's just wishful thinking that you could attach something like that to make anything you hit when bloodrage is active get culling strikes.
blood rage isn't the thing doing the hits, so culling wouldn't work.
Can anyone confirm (as in, you've observed it with your own eyes or can link to a dev post admitting the bug) that the increased Life Leech from quality Blood Rage goes away after the buff is refresh from a kill?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info