[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

Playing this, currently level 81
my gear

Spoiler

Have some gear I need to get/touch up on still, gems to level and quality. Just grinding for now and melting everything in my path, it's a nice build.

What do you think of trying uber atziri eventually, will you make the attempt? Do you think it's uber viable? I'm not new to such builds, played two pre 2.0, even though they are very fragile, they were able to do uber, even deathless, simply because of the dps. What do you think about it?
Am using a scion version, but I'm curious about using castoncrit gloves or helmet and using a single target setup there with barrage+gmp+fireball+spear and using the 6l for main map clear with KB. KB is ridicilous effective when it comes to overall clear speed.
Hello there!
Playing coc build on warbands also. I havent seen your guide before, but i have to say its awesome. Nevertheless i was more inspired by prfct1on's "circe" build and im trying to adapt it for a budget version and want to share it with the community :)

First of all i was playing KB alot on standart, and was impressed by how it melts packs especially with pierce. Thats why i chose it as a main attack, im a big fan of this skill and its mechanic. But i have to deal with single targets where kb is not so great, so i have a 4l barrage setup for this purpose. For hard bosses i switch gems in my 6L : KB -> Fireball, GMP -> Barrage.

Then Elemental Equilibrium. It is a huge dps boost if used correctly. Ive bought a wand with fire damage to attacks and dont use any herald or damage auras. According to my understanding and testing it works like that: I hit a pack with piercing KB, it applies Eleweakness and EE, so monsters get - 80 to light and cold resistances and -5 to fire. Then i hit with arc, it damages monsters that have -80 to lightning res, applies shock and makes mobs -5 light -80 fire and cold. Then i hit with arctic breath and usually its enough to oneshot packs up to lvl 77 maps at least (dont have higher maps atm).

Vaal Grace, Vaal Haste and Evasion Flask are important while fighting bosses, cause build is still sketchy. Thats the downside :/ Im thinking now about improvement of this side of the build. 4.8k hp is not enough, but i simply cant get more. Maybe ill try grace and arctic armour with saffell's for maxres instead of 3 purities.

Current items/links
Spoiler

Current tree

Vids
Last edited by oztaahh on Aug 17, 2015, 7:14:46 AM
I see that most people skip the Sniper notable. Is it really not worth taking? I feel like proj speed is actually quite good for this build. The spells travel faster hence farther which benefits piercing.
Last edited by LuckYEiner on Aug 12, 2015, 10:41:41 AM
How is a jewel with +10% projectile dmg doing compared to a jewel with +10% spell dmg?
Are they equal when main spells are FB+AB for example?
In your mapping gear, what's the use of CWDT + phase run?
"
LuckYEiner wrote:
I see that most people skip the Sniper notable. Is it really not worth taking? I feel like proj speed is actually quite good for this build. The spells travel faster hence farther which benefits piercing.

Projectile speed also affects your barrage CoC timing, which is a bad thing as far as I know.

"
boondoxsaints wrote:
How is a jewel with +10% projectile dmg doing compared to a jewel with +10% spell dmg?
Are they equal when main spells are FB+AB for example?

I think they are the same.

Sorry it took me so long to reply this time.school has started for me and i have less time for poe now /: but i'll still check the thread everyday and answer all unanswered queries to the best of my abilities.One thing i would like to point out is that while a lot of people have been asking me for more mathematical calculations,i have to admit that i'm not all too familiar with the precise mechanisms of how various skills like barrage+gmp etc interact with each other.So once again,for those who know how to,thank you for your help in advance (: Especially Azashke!!thanks for being a real bro and helping me out with answering questions too (:

"
JoKeRoNe wrote:
"

According to his tests:
"
The best single target dps setup in terms of spells cast&dmg effectiveness is as follows:

Best: gmp barrage 3.2 - 4.1 aps
Second best: lmp barrage 2.46-2.8 aps
Okay: gmp barrage 2.05 aps
Bad: any setup between 2.8 - 3.2 aps
Worst: any setup from 2.05 - 2.46 aps

If those calculations are correct it would mean that it actually makes no sense to use a wand with more than 1.2-1.3 aps, because you are getting pretty easily over the 2.05 aps and getting over 2.46 needs already a big investment in getting more attack speed from tree or gear/jewels.

so i feel like the best choice might be to be at around 2 aps and try to use attackspeed and/or crit chance nodes for other things. what do you think ?

If those calculations are indeed true,then i guess there is no need for an imbued wand.However,i have also recently incorporated a kinetic blast AOE setup and it directly benefits from attack speed so it is still useful for me.I would also like to point out that while mathematically speaking a certain attack speed would out-dps another,in practice it will hardly make any difference when you are melting everything in your path pretty quickly.At least,that is for me speaking from experience.

"
Pogrom123 wrote:
Playing this, currently level 81
my gear

Spoiler

Have some gear I need to get/touch up on still, gems to level and quality. Just grinding for now and melting everything in my path, it's a nice build.

What do you think of trying uber atziri eventually, will you make the attempt? Do you think it's uber viable? I'm not new to such builds, played two pre 2.0, even though they are very fragile, they were able to do uber, even deathless, simply because of the dps. What do you think about it?

Very decent gear you have there!with level 20 gems you'll see even crazier melting speed.If you mostly play solo,level 82 white and blue mobs will die just as quickly as level 68 mobs in maps.

I have been asked about uber several times and what i think is that pre 2.0,uber would have been a cakewalk with this build and without shotgun nerf etc and with a few defensive tweaks.

However,in light of the uber buff in 2.0,it has become much harder.The main problem with this build is having enough mitigation.At level 90+ i would seriously consider dropping one herald and taking Grace as an aura for more evasion.And perhaps even dropping maligaros/fbs for a rare with more life.Dps is hardly ever a problem with this build and if you are somehow able to stack much more life and mitigation or find a much better single target dps during the actual uber atziri,it will definitely be viable.Unfortunately,i will not have the time to run such tests since i have started a new semester in college and will barely have time to play.Hopefully,someone else will be able to improve the build further and eventually attempt uber with success.
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
Last edited by donong on Aug 12, 2015, 2:47:15 PM
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Am using a scion version, but I'm curious about using castoncrit gloves or helmet and using a single target setup there with barrage+gmp+fireball+spear and using the 6l for main map clear with KB. KB is ridicilous effective when it comes to overall clear speed.

Yes which is why i use it for packs.However,i want to have life leech on my single target reliably which is when i need life leech the most,and hence i chose to put barrage on my 6l.My 'single target' setup isnt really single target anyway but is strong enough to be one so i use it to leech back to full life instantaneously if i encounter a precarious situation.

"
oztaahh wrote:
Hello there!
Playing coc build on warbands also. I havent seen your guide before, but i have to say its awesome. Nevertheless i was more inspired by prfct1on's "circe" build and im trying to adapt it for a budget version and want to share it with the community :)

First of all i was playing KB alot on standart, and was impressed by how it melts packs especially with pierce. Thats why i chose it as a main attack, im a big fan of this skill and its mechanic. But i have to deal with single targets where kb is not so great, so i have a 4l barrage setup for this purpose. For hard bosses i switch gems in my 6L : KB -> Fireball, GMP -> Barrage.

Then Elemental Equilibrium. It is a huge dps boost if used correctly. Ive bought a wand with fire damage to attacks and dont use any herald or damage auras. According to my understanding and testing it works like that: I hit a pack with piercing KB, it applies Eleweakness and EE, so monsters get - 80 to light and cold resistances and -5 to fire. Then i hit with arc, it damages monsters that have -80 to lightning res, applies shock and makes mobs -5 light -80 fire and cold. Then i hit with arctic breath and usually its enough to oneshot packs up to lvl 77 maps at least (dont have higher maps atm).

Vaal Grace, Vaal Haste and Evasion Flask are important while fighting bosses, cause build is still sketchy. Thats the downside :/ Im thinking now about improvement of this side of the build. 4.8k hp is not enough, but i simply cant get more. Maybe ill try grace and arctic armour with saffell's for maxres instead of 3 purities.

Current items/links
Spoiler

Current tree

Vids

Nice gear you got there too!Like i mentioned earlier i prefer to have barrage in my 6l so i have reliable life leech which allows me to facetank like you can see in my video where i did palace dominus.I'm pretty sure i wouldnt be able to do that with a 4L barrage setup.I actually did see the build before but it was my impression that it was a very costly build so i didnt dwell too much on it.Nontheless i have seen your videos and the clearspeed is pretty good too!However,just my 2 cents worth.If you're gonna use KB as your main skill i dont think there is any combination of skills that can be faster than cold snap+ice spear/arc.I would personally choose ice spear since it adds to the freezing effect+it has a wider coverage of mobs imo.Cold snap is the fastest traveling projectile and cold snap procs at the spot where the mob is immediately.Arc is good for autotargeting mobs you didnt hit or are out of your range i guess.

I have considered EE before but i would have to drop all my heralds for it to work,which means that i cant proc curses often since im using COC gloves now.However,your way is really effective too and i would consider using it next time.Great advice on stacking more mitigation and that is definitely my next aim in this build.

warbands
"
xanster29 wrote:
In your mapping gear, what's the use of CWDT + phase run?

It was just something i tried out but never got around to removing since i couldnt figure out what other gems to use.You can pretty much replace those with what you want

warbands

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info