[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

"
Cyzax wrote:
I did think of omitting the Life Leech since I have 0.2% Cold Damage leech in my wand and could get 0.2% Fire Damage leech from Doryani's Invitation, but I don't think that is enough. Any comments on that?

Ok, I'm trying this, and it is working, sort of...
Clear speed is way up, but squishiness is up too. I had to reduce my life pool to max the resists (since I lost the fire resists of the old belt as well as the life). Not ideal, flasks are suddenly important, and elemental reflect is not good! Currently at L77.

Current gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Cyzax on Sep 20, 2015, 6:06:38 PM
Hello,
I am level 89 and enjoying it quite well. I made a few changes so that I could use with my Scion and to address the lack of some elemental protection.

Unfortunately I not own a Voll's Protector 6L, so I choose to use the Carcass Jack.

Skill Tree:

To be able to use some gems that require a high level of strength I use the "Efficient Training Crimson Jewel" in the socket which is right next to the node "Instability".

Gear:
Spoiler

Thank you for sharing!

Last edited by Zatlan on Sep 24, 2015, 6:06:10 PM
How to make do without a 6L Voll's

Just posting some hints on how I'd made do without a 6L Voll's.

There are IMHO four obvious options, and I've tried them out. Here are my thoughts...

--- Use Tabula Rasa ---

This will enable you to do full damage and retain the life leech, but you'll lose the easy option of generating Power Charges. This will cause you to slow down, either because you don't have power charges, or because you have to gain them from time to time. You'll also lose the ES from Voll's.

The best way I found to generate Power charges was having this combination in my boots:

It generated charges reasonably fast, but was still finicky and required a degree of micro-management I didn't like.

--- Use 5L Voll's without one damage spell ---

I tried this briefly, then discarded the idea. Too much damage lost though life leech is intact (but halved due to damage loss).

--- Use 5L Voll's without GMP ---

I tried this, and it kills fast and with decent life leech. It doesn't have the area damage though, but is possibly better against bosses.

--- Use 5L Voll's without life leech ---

This is what I do now. I had to compromise a bit on gear to get that life from elsewhere, but I've come up with a combination of options that works.
First of all, I use these two items:

That my wand has cold leech was a sheer fluke. I bought it for its other stats. That plus the fire leech from Doryani's replenish most of what I need.
However, this is not enough in emergencies, so I have another two ways of getting life.
The first of these are of.c. flasks, and I carry these:

Only the first 3 are really important, and they cover what I need most of the time.
The other thing I do is use this:

Poacher's Mark is IMHO one of the best curses for this build (if not using Life Leech) as it not only gives you extra life, it also make it easier to hit your targets, AND your flasks recharge quicker. As a bonus you can get Frenzy charges as well. Also Freezing Pulse is a worthy attack spell itself.

Just my €0.02...
Last edited by Cyzax on Sep 26, 2015, 5:35:42 PM
"
Hello,
I am level 89 and enjoying it quite well. I made a few changes so that I could use with my Scion and to address the lack of some elemental protection.

Unfortunately I not own a Voll's Protector 6L, so I choose to use the Carcass Jack.

Skill Tree:

To be able to use some gems that require a high level of strength I use the "Efficient Training Crimson Jewel" in the socket which is right next to the node "Instability".

Gear:
Spoiler

Thank you for sharing!

Hey man glad you like my build.If you plan to play this build long term i highly suggest selling your carcass and getting a 6l volls.The quality of life improvement is way too high.Having to not worry about losing power charges is a greater luxury than you think (:
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
"
Cyzax wrote:
How to make do without a 6L Voll's

Just posting some hints on how I'd made do without a 6L Voll's.

There are IMHO four obvious options, and I've tried them out. Here are my thoughts...

--- Use Tabula Rasa ---

This will enable you to do full damage and retain the life leech, but you'll lose the easy option of generating Power Charges. This will cause you to slow down, either because you don't have power charges, or because you have to gain them from time to time. You'll also lose the ES from Voll's.

The best way I found to generate Power charges was having this combination in my boots:

It generated charges reasonably fast, but was still finicky and required a degree of micro-management I didn't like.

--- Use 5L Voll's without one damage spell ---

I tried this briefly, then discarded the idea. Too much damage lost though life leech is intact (but halved due to damage loss).

--- Use 5L Voll's without GMP ---

I tried this, and it kills fast and with decent life leech. It doesn't have the area damage though, but is possibly better against bosses.

--- Use 5L Voll's without life leech ---

This is what I do now. I had to compromise a bit on gear to get that life from elsewhere, but I've come up with a combination of options that works.
First of all, I use these two items:

That my wand has cold leech was a sheer fluke. I bought it for its other stats. That plus the fire leech from Doryani's replenish most of what I need.
However, this is not enough in emergencies, so I have another two ways of getting life.
The first of these are of.c. flasks, and I carry these:

Only the first 3 are really important, and they cover what I need most of the time.
The other thing I do is use this:

Poacher's Mark is IMHO one of the best curses for this build (if not using Life Leech) as it not only gives you extra life, it also make it easier to hit your targets, AND your flasks recharge quicker. As a bonus you can get Frenzy charges as well. Also Freezing Pulse is a worthy attack spell itself.

Just my €0.02...

Hey man!Thanks for your suggestions too.At the start of the league before i had a 6l volls what i did was to use ice spear+gmp+pcoc+faster casting to gain power charges. As for poacher's mark,you can consider replacing it with warlord's mark too!I use it in conjunction with life leech to gain 4% life leech whenever necessary
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
"
donong wrote:
As for poacher's mark,you can consider replacing it with warlord's mark too!I use it in conjunction with life leech to gain 4% life leech whenever necessary

Yeah, it was a coin-toss between the two, but the boots had the right colour for Poachers and I already had a reasonably levelled one :-p
I also thought Poachers were somewhat more offensive, and while it sometimes kill me, I usually practice that 'the best defence is a good offence'.

To save others looking them up:
Last edited by Cyzax on Sep 29, 2015, 3:30:11 PM
Unless the boss is within a cluster of ~5+ mobs, or pressed against a wall, how do you deal with Single Target damage?...

Also, with the released Ascendancy subclasses so far, is there a particular subclass that catches your eye for this build?
"
Illsonmedia wrote:
Unless the boss is within a cluster of ~5+ mobs, or pressed against a wall, how do you deal with Single Target damage?...

Also, with the released Ascendancy subclasses so far, is there a particular subclass that catches your eye for this build?

That´s exactly my question!
Is this still viable?
Want to try this at the current Patch. Any ideas how to skill?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info