[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

"
Zeppelin wrote:
"
LuckYEiner wrote:
For those wondering if this can work in HC league: I'm currently running a similar setup in Tempest.

Gear and Gems

It obviously has lower dps than the SC version, but it's enough to run high lvl maps (81s, didnt get higher yet). I'm currently lvl 93 sitting at 6.2k life and 28% eva.

I'm really curious about this high hp, HC version, but your passive tree isn't working. Could you fix that so we can take a look?

Try pasting it into the offline skill planner. There seem to be some compability issues atm.

Edit: this one should work https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcFtQceDdEOSA-rEZYWvxqBG8ggbiLiI_YkiyT9JpUqOCpNLR8tqDBxMHw1kjY9N9Q6QjpYOuE_J0GWRXxH4klRSshLV0t4TLNNkk3jUDBRR1FMUXRVS1XGWlJd8l-wYeJirGNDbIxtbG6qbztvnnBScNV3B3gNe8N9W3_Ggh6DCYPbhMWHE4nTjAuMNo19jb-VIJUul5ebtZyknaqio6Q5plemmaiarEeus7GQtDi18rl8voDAGsDjwfPDOspKz93QH9D11CPYvdsL217dqOOE5RnnVOd06NbssO0_7-vw1fGK8bPyRfv1_gr-j__e?accountName=LuckYEiner&characterName=LuckYOneTakeFour
Last edited by LuckYEiner on Aug 18, 2015, 4:02:04 PM
Been playing around with my scion version of this. Lvl 87 now and just got the first gems to level 20 (and 1/20 that is). Ele reflect mobs are quite easy if I just pop my flasks in time. Only thing killing me are mainly be being lazy and fooling around. You are killing stuff ridicilous fast in 74-75 maps, so it's easy to lose focus and suddenly standing in the middle of exploding circles from storm bearer mobs. Also screwed myself a couple of times opening unidentified shrines without preparing myself.

Have only got vaal grace, but god heavens I love that gem. Hopefully I can get a skellie one too (or another grace gem).

Also being experimenting on using life leech with HoT-setup and using an empower-gem instead for boosting dmg even more in the 6L. More risky, not as easy to facetank map bosses, but christ what a lovely clear speed of maps with +rare mobs.

The three downsides atm are that my +3ES on hit gem really cant sustain barrage anymore. I believe that +ES on hit does not count on the FB+AB hits, right? Since it feels like when I'm entering a room with my barrage ready, all trash mobs are already dead by pierced projectiles, so I have to search for anything alive to fill up my ES (or wait for recharge).

Also, while setting quality 20 on my GMP, I got a bit to high attack speed (>2.45). It also drains my ES because everything dies and then I still manage to fire out 2-3 barrage turns right out into the air :/

The third is life. I can change my rings and possible get +20 more life on each ring and since I'm using Saffel's, I can get another shield with >80 life on - but I'm currently on 3,9k life and only got one 4% life node ready to pick.

Trying to think of if I can jump somehow in the tree to get one more life cluster (3 nodes), it feels like it will be easy deaths in level 80 maps if under 5k life.
Current tree:

"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Been playing around with my scion version of this. Lvl 87 now and just got the first gems to level 20 (and 1/20 that is). Ele reflect mobs are quite easy if I just pop my flasks in time. Only thing killing me are mainly be being lazy and fooling around. You are killing stuff ridicilous fast in 74-75 maps, so it's easy to lose focus and suddenly standing in the middle of exploding circles from storm bearer mobs. Also screwed myself a couple of times opening unidentified shrines without preparing myself.

Have only got vaal grace, but god heavens I love that gem. Hopefully I can get a skellie one too (or another grace gem).

Also being experimenting on using life leech with HoT-setup and using an empower-gem instead for boosting dmg even more in the 6L. More risky, not as easy to facetank map bosses, but christ what a lovely clear speed of maps with +rare mobs.

The three downsides atm are that my +3ES on hit gem really cant sustain barrage anymore. I believe that +ES on hit does not count on the FB+AB hits, right? Since it feels like when I'm entering a room with my barrage ready, all trash mobs are already dead by pierced projectiles, so I have to search for anything alive to fill up my ES (or wait for recharge).

Also, while setting quality 20 on my GMP, I got a bit to high attack speed (>2.45). It also drains my ES because everything dies and then I still manage to fire out 2-3 barrage turns right out into the air :/

The third is life. I can change my rings and possible get +20 more life on each ring and since I'm using Saffel's, I can get another shield with >80 life on - but I'm currently on 3,9k life and only got one 4% life node ready to pick.

Trying to think of if I can jump somehow in the tree to get one more life cluster (3 nodes), it feels like it will be easy deaths in level 80 maps if under 5k life.
Current tree:

Something is missing in your tree. oh, only one +3 es jewel. Get another one and you will see the difference :) You can replace those blue jewels with rare jewels which have +3 es on hit and same other stats.
"
LTU_Edga wrote:
Something is missing in your tree. oh, only one +3 es jewel. Get another one and you will see the difference :) You can replace those blue jewels with rare jewels which have +3 es on hit and same other stats.

Yeh, might need that, because things die to quickly so I have problems finding targets being alive enough to recharge :P

Not that the DPS is crappy, but have anyone here tried running RF?
Back in standard I was running RF on my lowlifecoc'er, it's not that bad when facetanking mobs
Last edited by boondoxsaints on Aug 20, 2015, 4:21:54 AM
How would this build work with rain of fire vs fireball?

EDIT: I think Artic Armor is a waste. If you get hit by any thing your dead. So -12% damage from 10k is still insta dead.
Last edited by spawn10459 on Aug 20, 2015, 8:40:48 AM
Holy hell this build is fun, my gear isnt the best, but im still killing thigs extremely fast and dying isnt an issue for me, i think ive only died 5 times using this build, but that was due to ele reflect and me not being attention lol. Either way, i still have to find me a cast on crit FB and still need the rats nest and a better wand and some better jewels
Dying isnt an issue at lower levels, but hell, some map bosses at 77 maps and higher strikes really hard. Agree with that Arctic Armour is kind of a waste, but better than nothing. Those damage spikes are nasty tho, even with insane damage + life leech, the spikes strike so hard so before you can leech back anything you are dead.

Trying to raise life pool to 5k now just to stand a little better chance.
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Dying isnt an issue at lower levels, but hell, some map bosses at 77 maps and higher strikes really hard. Agree with that Arctic Armour is kind of a waste, but better than nothing. Those damage spikes are nasty tho, even with insane damage + life leech, the spikes strike so hard so before you can leech back anything you are dead.

Trying to raise life pool to 5k now just to stand a little better chance.

its not going to matter. i have a melee molten strike guy with 8k HP and he gets instakilled. the game it self needs to be fine tuned.
Really enjoying this build, working great while leveling..

THanks!
Trying out this build now at L68 and enjoying it :-)

I'd say though that the dependence on a 6L Voll's Devotion is slightly too high. It is possible to work around, but increases the complexity a bit. I suppose though that 20+EX should give you some benefit.

I'm currently using this setup:

The Barrage in the boots to build up charges, and then switch to the one in the chest. Once charges are up, just start up with a few shots of the charge generating Barrage to reset the timer. It works well enough, though is a bit fiddly. An alternate is to curse mobs before killing them with Assassin's Mark, but that is a bit more uncertain to maintain your charges.

I've tried two different 5L Voll's, and both have their disadvantages:

For the first one I omitted Arctic Breath, and it worked, but you lost too much damage.
For the second one I omitted GMP, and it worked too, but crowd killing took longer.
I then went back to Tabula Rasa and accepted the alternate Barrage.

I did think of omitting the Life Leech since I have 0.2% Cold Damage leech in my wand and could get 0.2% Fire Damage leech from Doryani's Invitation, but I don't think that is enough. Any comments on that?

Levelling I did with non-GMP Arctic Breath with Mana Leech, Life Leech, Faster Casting, Spell Echo and Reduced Mana (I think). With Clarity, some mana regen gear and a couple of mana flasks I could just about keep that going. It was decently fast, but I didn't do the last part of A4C before getting to L59 and switching to COC (had the wand ready). I only needed to level-farm Dried Lake 3-4 times so not a problem.

Full gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Cyzax on Sep 19, 2015, 4:00:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info