[2.0]A Song of Ice and Fire COC build.Exploring a new AOE setup with coldsnap+ice spear with VIDEO!

How did you farm for these gears? Did you have an alt with MF gears or you had alternate gear for MF? Or you were just lucky while doing the maps?
"
xanster29 wrote:
How did you farm for these gears? Did you have an alt with MF gears or you had alternate gear for MF? Or you were just lucky while doing the maps?

I played a lot at the start of the league about 15 hours a day so i managed to generate a decent bit of currency.I purchased stuff like rats nest and maligaros while they were cheap at 2-3ex at the start of the league and when 1ex was worth 20+chaos only.I do not have any alternate farming character nor did i use MF gear.Having played since closed beta i have quite an extensive knowledge of market prices etc and how to spot good items so i flipped items from time to time when the opportunity arose.I did not actively seek to do this though.I managed to get quite a good deal on a lot of the GG rares i have like my wand and amulet.Also,i chained and hosted maps from about level 70-93 and started charging cheap fees for low level maps.Eventually this helped me to profit quite a bit too.

Honestly,in a game like poe knowledge is truly power.As long as you play a lot and know the market,you dont ever have to rely on RNG to acquire good gear.
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
"
donong wrote:
"
xanster29 wrote:

I played a lot at the start of the league about 15 hours a day so i managed to generate a decent bit of currency.I purchased stuff like rats nest and maligaros while they were cheap at 2-3ex at the start of the league and when 1ex was worth 20+chaos only.I do not have any alternate farming character nor did i use MF gear.Having played since closed beta i have quite an extensive knowledge of market prices etc and how to spot good items so i flipped items from time to time when the opportunity arose.I did not actively seek to do this though.I managed to get quite a good deal on a lot of the GG rares i have like my wand and amulet.Also,i chained and hosted maps from about level 70-93 and started charging cheap fees for low level maps.Eventually this helped me to profit quite a bit too.

Honestly,in a game like poe knowledge is truly power.As long as you play a lot and know the market,you dont ever have to rely on RNG to acquire good gear.

With the help of friends you managed to get some GG items :D
"
"
donong wrote:
"
xanster29 wrote:

With the help of friends you managed to get some GG items :D

Hehe thanks bro ;)
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
"
donong wrote:

I have not tested that out unfortunately but im not exactly sure how to do the calculations correctly as well.would be great if someone else could help out with this.

Well, you can put a (leveled) SRS gem in your setup with GMP (barrage+gmp+coc+srs) and check how many spirits you can spawn with one attack. With GMP it fires 8 projectiles so you idealy would get up to 8 spirits per attack (average should be around 5-6). I only manage to get 4 max tho with ~2 aps. That should result in a noticable decrease in real dps :/
Last edited by LuckYEiner on Aug 11, 2015, 8:39:17 AM
"
LuckYEiner wrote:
"
donong wrote:

I have not tested that out unfortunately but im not exactly sure how to do the calculations correctly as well.would be great if someone else could help out with this.

Well, you can put a (leveled) SRS gem in your setup with GMP (barrage+gmp+coc+srs) and check how many spirits you can spawn with one attack. With GMP it fires 8 projectiles so you idealy would get up to 8 spirits per attack (average should be around 5-6). I only manage to get 4 max tho with ~2 aps. That should result in a noticable decrease in real dps :/

This has been tested by Dariidar.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344635/page/8#p11262389

Make sure to check out his build&thread, as he spent a lot of his time to theorycraft his build and game mechanincs to fully utilize the CoC Barrage.

According to his tests:
"
The best single target dps setup in terms of spells cast&dmg effectiveness is as follows:

Best: gmp barrage 3.2 - 4.1 aps
Second best: lmp barrage 2.46-2.8 aps
Okay: gmp barrage 2.05 aps
Bad: any setup between 2.8 - 3.2 aps
Worst: any setup from 2.05 - 2.46 aps
I need to figure out why my base crit chance is so low (not on this build but as such). Without power charges you're sitting on almost 67%!

Must be my rings.
"
AODBluu wrote:
I need to figure out why my base crit chance is so low (not on this build but as such). Without power charges you're sitting on almost 67%!

Must be my rings.

It must be your wands in this case, you need to have as high as possible attack speed wand local crit chance.

Local crit chance on wands is what increases you critical chance A LOT.
"

According to his tests:
"
The best single target dps setup in terms of spells cast&dmg effectiveness is as follows:

Best: gmp barrage 3.2 - 4.1 aps
Second best: lmp barrage 2.46-2.8 aps
Okay: gmp barrage 2.05 aps
Bad: any setup between 2.8 - 3.2 aps
Worst: any setup from 2.05 - 2.46 aps

If those calculations are correct it would mean that it actually makes no sense to use a wand with more than 1.2-1.3 aps, because you are getting pretty easily over the 2.05 aps and getting over 2.46 needs already a big investment in getting more attack speed from tree or gear/jewels.

so i feel like the best choice might be to be at around 2 aps and try to use attackspeed and/or crit chance nodes for other things. what do you think ?
"
"
AODBluu wrote:

Must be my rings.

It must be your wands in this case, you need to have as high as possible attack speed wand local crit chance.

Local crit chance on wands is what increases you critical chance A LOT.

Yup! I realized that almost as soon as I posted. Barrage is an attack and local crit is very important. I have a ball lightning build that relies only on spell crit. I'm gonna rummage through my stash for a wand with local crit and try this out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info