[Outdated] Zivko's CI Chaos Incinerate build - 200k dps / 10 000 ES

But what about Aaaaaaaaaanger?
My last name is Ziv :D
dxmzmx
I personally would not drop disc+AA for anger, it only adds ~2-2.5k dps, and compared to 2.5k es and 13% less phys/fire dmg, it just doesn't feel worth it.
Considering you can still get 8k es without disc, i see no reason not to run anger if you want more dps/faster clear speed and dont care about lost defenses.
"
ogrec wrote:
dxmzmx
I personally would not drop disc+AA for anger, it only adds ~2-2.5k dps, and compared to 2.5k es and 13% less phys/fire dmg, it just doesn't feel worth it.
Considering you can still get 8k es without disc, i see no reason not to run anger if you want more dps/faster clear speed and dont care about lost defenses.

1.You are correct in that regard. But what do you think then about rolling Alphas howl, KEEPING disc+aa+clarity+as high enlighten as you can and then dropping 3, maybe even 6 of those passive points in auras on the tree and getting 6 more points?

2.To break 100K and go to 200K and beyond-is it not possible with this build? Should I go similar build, but with Shavronnes and some changes, keeping most of the core the same? Or do I need an even bigger change?

Basically 100K DPS with this build seems obscene compared to what I was getting with other builds (Arc namely), but now I got here, I am spoiled.

I WANT MORE DAMMIT.
Last edited by dxmzmx on Aug 28, 2015, 11:09:08 AM
"
dxmzmx wrote:
"
ogrec wrote:
dxmzmx

1.You are correct in that regard. But what do you think then about rolling Alphas howl, KEEPING disc+aa+clarity+as high enlighten as you can and then dropping 3, maybe even 6 of those passive points in auras on the tree and getting 6 more points?

2.To break 100K and go to 200K and beyond-is it not possible with this build? Should I go similar build, but with Shavronnes and some changes, keeping most of the core the same? Or do I need an even bigger change?

Basically 100K DPS with this build seems obscene compared to what I was getting with other builds (Arc namely), but now I got here, I am spoiled.

I WANT MORE DAMMIT.

i doubt it's possible to achieve that high dps w/o a crit build.

Perhaps with a 6L shav +1 gems :')

Nugyen made an incinerate low life build wich was working quite all right. Although the main problem with low life is it would be fire dmg, therefore perhaps higher tooltip but less dmg overall if u take in consideration the lack of chaos resistance from monster and their high elemental resists.

Looks like our fella Tempest bro died. :(

RIP

What did u die to ?
Last edited by Poimu on Aug 28, 2015, 11:54:28 AM
dxmzmx
I've written about it in Q&A section of the guide.
"
Would this build be better as low life instead of CI?
In short - NO
Longer answer - if you have access to 6L shavs or lorica, you could get more dps with an extra gem, especially if if its faster casting. If you only have 5L chest, even with anger and pain attunement, its only possible to reach or just slightly surpass dps of 5L +1gems infernal mantle. Considering going low life compared to CI also means losing 1.5-2k ES and, more importantly, chaos immunity, i dont think slight advantage in damage is worth it.
On the other hand, if you plan on farming uber atziri, ability to run RF for nuking double vaal, trio and split atziri might mean it's a better choice for that particular fight.

With 5L shavs, pain attunemenet and anger i'd have ~30k TT with my gear. That's roughly 20% damage increase. However there's a lot of downsides too.
I was off in my comment in guide and i need to change that, 20% is not a slight but a substantial damage increase. I still think downsides outweigh the benefits.

About Alpha's Howl, i still dont understand what that would accomplish. You still need to drop at least discipline to run anger, so instead of losing 1800ES, you're losing 3600ES (assuming 350es helm is dropped for alpha). You cant drop AA for anger, even with lvl4 empower, charisma, influence and scion aura nodes.
If the point is not to run anger but stick to disc+aa, that can be accomplished without alpha, so again alpha is pointless.
You'll need to tell me what the goal is because i cant help you without knowing exact aura setup you're aiming for.

@Haderach99
RIP
what happened, how did you die?
1.The goal would be to free up atleast 3 points from the tree (from one of the aura nodes).

I was thinking the bottom one (not the one near CI). Then you'd run Alpha+higher level enlighten+maybe that jewel to achieve the breakpoints.

Main benefit would be +3 points.

2.I dropped 4 points leading to Path of savant and went Energy from within+taken Melding. I got 28% ES increase at the cost of 20INT and mana and 16% spell damage.

Spell damage loss is replacable by going one more Jewel slot (in my case atleast), INT loss is irrelevant and mana can be gotten by crafting a ring if really needed.

Thoughts?
@dxmzmx
If the purpose of alpha is to free up 3 points on the skill tree, then its not worth it because you can't make up for whats lost with only 3 points. Probably not even with 10 points.

Dropping Path of the Savant and Foresight would net 6 pts but then those points need to be spent on Melding and 3 points need to be spent to reach nearest jewel slot to make up for jewel lost for Energy from within. You'd basically lose 1 point, 20 mana, 14ES and 16% spell dmg to gain 14% es.
It would be worth it if no points were lost in my opinion.
Last edited by ogrec on Aug 29, 2015, 6:30:59 AM
@ogrec

1.I suppose you are right about Alpha's.

2.I am not dropping Foresight. In my case, since I didn't take the 3rd jewel slot yet, I would be able to recover the 16% by taking it.

3.Food for thought:

5L Incinerate costs 20 mana with -8 elreon ring. Even with my 2nd ring, I need high lvl of Clarity to sustain and then the breakpoint for 35% mana is dangerously close.

What do you think about rocking 2x-8 elreon's? Then the breakpoint for mana regen needed to sustain would be quite clear up to a certain high point: 120 mana/sec. Basically 20 casts/second (you are only paying for half because of Echo)*12 mana per cast=120 mana/sec.

Why does this matter? This way you could replace Shadow Ele% nodes with cast speed, aswell as jewels, which would IMO give even more DPS compared to what it is now.

Only problem? Finding -8 Elreon with necessary resistances and mana regen>40
Last edited by dxmzmx on Aug 29, 2015, 10:56:44 AM
I'm using 2x elreon rings to sustain 21 incinerate and lvl3 empower.
You can check my gear in the guide.

And yes, getting good elreon rings is definitely not cheap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info