Unique Item Rarity Changes

The thing about Asphyxia's Wrath is that you can use that thing until like level 60+. Just noticed I have yet to see a Quill Rain.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
"
StrayYoshi wrote:
The thing about Asphyxia's Wrath is that you can use that thing until like level 60+. Just noticed I have yet to see a Quill Rain.

If this is the reason why Asphyxia's and Glodrim has been nerfed (made rarer) then there is a bunch of other items that should be moved up in rarity tiers too. The first one coming to my mind being Death's Harp that can be used easily up to early maps without problem by any crit bow build. I'm of course not saying that they should do it, but if it is the true reason behind the rarity increase of some leveling items, then it shows that they are not even making this (bad) move properly.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Jul 23, 2015, 9:46:54 AM
Yeah, those op asphyxia, brightbeak, bronn's lithe, gang's momentum, Sentari's Answer and voidhome.
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
"
"
Rhalph wrote:
Yet another change that will prevent 98% of players to be able to access a part of the game.

I started ranger and didnt know maligaro and rats nest are tier1 now. Waited for days to prices drop but no. If i know for these changes i wouldnt played ranger. Rarity changes are fail.

I'm int he same boat as you lol o_O
I understand that changing the rarity of too powerful items is a good thing for the game!
It keep a lot of the content hard in new league, and increased the feeling of achievement when finally got one of them.
What worried me more is when balancing seems done around item and the rarity of those specific items is increased.

I really like the evasion style of play, but it seems that for current late game mapping, lightning coil or taste of hate are just mandatory.
When you increase the rarity of those items, it just prevent more players to choose this kind of defensive option, and I can't understand how it is a good thing.

If some unique are so good they imply nerf on certain kind of gameplay, maybe you should nerf or remove those items, not nerf defensive option so only the richer might enjoy them...
Last edited by Gilhyan on Jul 23, 2015, 10:14:15 AM
I think the overall problem of this expansion is that they pushed too many changes at the same time.

I dont mind changing rarity of items but they did it based on data mining from pre-2.0 which is totally out of context with the change into difficulty and progression they did in awakening.

They should have released one patch with rebalance of skills and stuff like that and a temp league and then release a better polished and balanced act 4 on another patch.

Hope they learn from this now...
GGG its your game at the end of the day, but know this you are making too many people unhappy.
Looks like a lot of people don't really like those changes... Also looks like a lot of people "know" what GGG should do. Please keep your thick skin on GGG. I really appreciate what you guys have done (in making this game) and I sincerely hope you guys make it to Act X!

I bet this gem gave you guys a good chuckle when you read it (sorry if someone else already brought this up):

"
RichMoney wrote:
It's like if magic the gathering put a tier above Mythic rare; the number of competitive players who would want to build decks with those cards wouldn't change, just the number of people who could finacially afford to.

So like when they introduced mythic rares to the game? haha.
Are you guys sure you didn't forget to put the Mon'tregul in the "got more common" section ?
I am not against changes to the game to adjust items if their rarity does not reflect their power level. However for players who do not wish to spend all their time in game trading, it is disheartening knowing that there are yet even more builds shut off.

A lot of the 'build-defining' uniques are already very rare unless you trade for them and the new uniques seem pretty much non-existent as a levelling player (sub-60). My husband and I have been playing regularly since the expansion hit and have found roughly 8-10 uniques between us, with most of them being trash. Considering that uniques already do not drop very often in most cases, getting a really awful unique every time makes the game feel punishing.

I think if the rarity of uniques is to be made higher, then the quality of those uniques should reflect that rarity. A unique that is meant for levelling should have a reasonable chance of dropping whilst someone is levelling. A unique that is very powerful at end-game should have a higher chance of dropping at higher levels but still have a smaller chance of dropping during levelling.

Just making stuff rarer across the board, if that is what has happened, seems like a really unfortunate change to a system that already feels like you never get anything decent (as a drop) most of the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info