Unique Item Rarity Changes

so if we get a unique drop in high maps we now have an even more increased chance of it being nothing but a waste of space.

good job
You take away some and make the rest of the few items that actually can reduce damage taken rarer.. are you just trying to put me off playing the game? Although I like that there's new content.. seeing the few items that really can enable you to survive a hit go for 10+ exalts.. it's not viable for most people..

I really don't get your logic 3G..yea.. let's make people NOT enjoy the game.. let's make random one-shot that you have NO way to mitigate for to compensate for the random desync deaths people used to have..

generally dangerous
I wanted to word my response to be more helpful but I don't feel like it. Fuck your economy, GGG. You know, people like to find items by killing monsters in something under a human lifetime. God forbid we ever find something useful when it might actually, you know, be useful.

I guess the idea is that we should all roll MF characters first and just grind in the late game until we get all the uniques we could use for alts? Oh! How thrilling. That is far more exciting than actually acquiring them in the process of playing the game.

Well, at least we have divination cards. Oh wait, those take two human lifetimes to farm. Ah well.

You know, I'd actually forgive it all if you guys hadn't also managed to screw up the changes to your difficulty progression, AGAIN. How hard is it to maintain a progression? Are you that obsessed with the roller coaster design where we are cursing at our screens for 5% of it and then falling asleep at our desks for 95%?

I think I'll stop this post now before I rage even more.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I feel like changes like this makes people with actual jobs and disposable income spend it in RMT instead of microtransaction shop. Maybe that crazy guy with the conspiracy that GGG runs RMT sites isn't that crazy? lol jk
Named items were:
1. already rare and low in droprate
2. necessary as a core for many builds

Combine the nerfed droprate with (The Awakening Summary as of 23.07.2015):
Balance Changes
- nerfed EB
- nerfed Lifeleech
- nerfed Flickerstrike
- nerfed Flameblast
- nerfed Blood Rage
- nerfed Auras
- nerfed Mjölner
- nerfed Arc
- nerfed lategame leveling progress (droprate for highlevel maps reduced)
- increased Monster HP and Damage
- exponential Boss difficulty in higher levels
- [more nerfs iam too lazy to write]

So you developers "analyzed data"(no comment here), and found core Unique's to be too commonly used (== players enjoyed playing with them). Your best way to spoil the party is by forcing (new) players to now farm 200 hours instead of 100 hours for named uniques. I may advise that balancing needs to be redefined here.

Instead of adding balancing changes and content that simply increases the time a player's has to invest into the game to feel "powerful", it would be smarter to create content that adds fun to the game :)

14 pages of butthurts!

Game is too ez imo, rares drop to frequently, uniques should be even rarer, you can level way too fast. Game is not rewarding, needs more effort.
"
GGG, you have the worst balance team of any game I have ever played. Horrific, & it never gets any better.

+1
"
I wanted to word my response to be more helpful but I don't feel like it. Fuck your economy, GGG. You know, people like to find items by killing monsters in something under a human lifetime. God forbid we ever find something useful when it might actually, you know, be useful.

I guess the idea is that we should all roll MF characters first and just grind in the late game until we get all the uniques we could use for alts? Oh! How thrilling. That is far more exciting than actually acquiring them in the process of playing the game.

Well, at least we have divination cards. Oh wait, those take two human lifetimes to farm. Ah well.

You know, I'd actually forgive it all if you guys hadn't also managed to screw up the changes to your difficulty progression, AGAIN. How hard is it to maintain a progression? Are you that obsessed with the roller coaster design where we are cursing at our screens for 5% of it and then falling asleep at our desks for 95%?

I think I'll stop this post now before I rage even more.

I was going to write something mildly similar,but this was so good it deserved a repost. This is pretty much how I feel as well. Really stressing the fact that "People like to find their own items by killing monster."
Last edited by MidWest on Jul 23, 2015, 9:20:48 AM
"
Qarl wrote:

While we don't ordinarily comment on item rarity, in this case we probably should have, as the changes we made, although positive in the long term,

Positive?

LOL.

For who?

Leveling unics being rare? ? ?

Really?

And now, just NOW, you release this list . . .

W2g GGG . . . way to go . . .

Well, you are right for the long term benefits, I will have more time to do other fun things and not play the game. And why you didn't mention that +4 health mods are more common now then ever ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info