Unique Item Rarity Changes

"
lolozori wrote:

all your toons are in standard league and none higher than level 88. I don t think you even have the experience to talk about end-game and map grinding.

Because you also are in standard I can t take you seriously about the game being balanced.

Btw, I also play standard most of the time but each new league I play HC only.
Try to play HC and comeback telling us the game is easy and most people are bad players.

You can give people lesson about how this game is nice and how they suck at leveling/playing but at least prove it first (like post number of death of your higher standard/warband toon).

Nice elitism m8, just because I dont play HC it doesnt mean i dont know jack shit. I'm having over 3k hours, i played alot in the beta, being level 92 there. I cant play HC due to my unstable internet. I never said the game is easy, I just said that some people are too bad for it, which implies the exact opposite of what you said. Read first and dont feel like a superior player just because you play HC, thanks, idiot.

edit: Also I like to play agressively because thats more fun, I dont mind dying and I dont alt+f4 (or macro) just because I drop to 50% hp lol.

Oh yeah, I was the first person in Anarchy to kill piety and then dominus, sure, the competition back then wasnt as big as these days but i still count that as a great achievement.
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Jul 23, 2015, 7:00:37 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
"
Corwynt wrote:
The desync fix and the new content got so many people back or trying out the game. It's like you guys see that as a problem.

Too much server to pay, need to get ride of casual players to reduce the money spent.

I shit you not. I have no interest in trading whatsoever and seeing items like Facebreaker and Quill Rain make the list breaks my desire to play the game completely. Why punish casual players in nerfing the drop chance of novelty and leveling items?

Sometimes it feels like some nut-case in GGG thinks that building a hardcore game means you have to fuck over casual players explicitly. Sorry but it is just infuriating to see as it is a ongoing issue. It is why I left after the Forsaken Master expansion seeing how the Master content only rewarded high-level grind (They changed it by now but why is it not considered in the first place?).

I love GGG to consider their data more than player feedback but this changes feel not thought out enough. It comes across like data reading without considering confounding values.

To expand on this, here my experience so far:

Since I started playing again, doing my slowpoke in Tempest League, I did not find one unique item. Not even one which is considered vendor food by most players but I'd love to have. Unique item drop chance in low-level areas feels worse than in Forsaken Masters release times.

It might be terrible luck, might be me not getting enough IIR on my low-level gear. But why are uniques held back this extremely anyway if they only ease leveling in the first place? Concerns about those items being flooded on the market by high-level farmers? Concerns about high-level players being mad about their loot being cluttered by (for them) mediocre uniques? Why not limit their drop-rate in high-level areas then? Why fuck over new and slow-ass players alike?

I just feel not welcome in this game at times, the limited time at hand that I can invest in this game is not getting appreciated. It is frustrating as the game being hardcore for the high-above audience and being simple fun for the not so invested audience is not excluding each other in principle and executed well enough in difficulty balance.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2015, 7:13:20 AM
I agree with some of these but most of the changes are a bit fucked. Uniques like qotf, nyctas and immortal flesh was in no need for a more common tier, they were already common enough and did not warrant a use earlier and won't now.

while you are at it you could nerf the drop rate on this one as well...
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
I really enjoy this philosophy. Keep it up GGG. OPOP items like LC should cost 15+ ex and SHOULD be rare by nature, just like ST and Shavronne's wrappings are. When LC is cheap, it's a MUST have item which you can plan your build around. Instead, now they're like kaom's. You don't really plan your build around kaom's or shavronne's. So they're not a MUST have. You have to play A WHILE in order to achieve the goal of getting enough currency to be able to afford one. It's a luxury. I love RARE items being in the game. And I Love them being as powerful as they are rare. Unlike some items in Diablo 2 for instance. Tyrael's Might is one of the most rare items, but it's terrible. Continue with this direction, GGG. Powerful uniques should be rare and expensive. I love the feel when you equip mjolner after finally gathering up 30 ex.
IGN - SMURT_TO_BEYOND @ Beyond
What a shitty and bad change. Heh, not surprised, the game is looking more and more like a crappy free to play korean MMO.

This crap balance of drop rates will give the boost to RMTing, so prices for those items are high, so at least someone will be happy xD.

So many bad changes with this expansion when it comes to balance, just to push for shitty economy
"
miljan wrote:
What a shitty and bad change. Heh, not surprised, the game is looking more and more like a crappy free to play korean MMO.

This crap balance of drop rates will give the boost to RMTing, so prices for those items are high, so at least someone will be happy xD.

So many bad changes with this expansion when it comes to balance, just to push for shitty economy

lol while I don't know about RMT I had the same thought about korean MMO comparison lol.
Last edited by ffogell on Jul 23, 2015, 8:11:11 AM
What about Doon Cuebiyari that shit is more common now people are vendoring it
Twitter.com/Ecdub984
Youtube.com/Ecdub984
Twitch.tv/Ecdubs
overall i agree to the changes.
never had a chance to find t1 uniques like voltaix anyway so the further nerf to their drop chance is not relevant.

and when it comes to overused and cheap to trade leveling uniques with no real drawbacks (like goldrim), a nerf is the right way to not trivialize gameplay for new starters.

the only "bad side" i can think of is that not finding any leveling uniques on my way to 85 is pushing the point of me starting a new char further away.

"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Unique item drop chance in low-level areas feels worse than in Forsaken Masters release times.

found around 4 to 5 on my way to 72, the only usable being a new unique quiver and some blood dance boots. feels less than in forsaken masters but is ok for the time played.

"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I just feel not welcome in this game at times, the limited time at hand that I can invest in this game is not getting appreciated.

i can understand that feeling, the removal of so many rng elements (especially through the masters introduction) makes heavy playtime investment mandatory to feel rewarded.

"
Nightmare90 wrote:

It is frustrating as the game being hardcore for the high-above audience and being simple fun for the not so invested audience is not excluding each other in principle

it is excluding each other. catering one side results in the other side getting toxic. the results can be seen in the forum posts in this topic.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I'm fine with most of the changes, what I don't really get is why Mightflay is that rare now.
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something about it but I've always considered it a mid-range leveling dagger.
"
Rhalph wrote:
Yet another change that will prevent 98% of players to be able to access a part of the game.

I started ranger and didnt know maligaro and rats nest are tier1 now. Waited for days to prices drop but no. If i know for these changes i wouldnt played ranger. Rarity changes are fail.
Last edited by Vulgar_Display_Of_Power on Jul 23, 2015, 8:28:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info