Upcoming Updates to The Awakening!

"
Zyrixion wrote:
"
DE3me wrote:
I like that Act 4 is hard, but it could be toned down a little bit so it doesn't make the rest of the game a joke. Maybe make some things like Pietys beam a bit slower/shorter without nerfing the damage and tone down the damage of some mobs a bit to make them less stick out.

Some skills are really overpowered while others only work as good (or even a little bit worse) with many points put into them, this really needs some tuning. (Flame totem without any dmg points spend still wrecks nearly every other ability with points spend. Maybe make the scaling of flame totem better but make it deal less damage without spending points.)

1) Piety is fine, Malachai hits too hard, Stygian Revenants are probably 30-50% overtuned.

2) Flame totem is NOT damage overpowered, it's just now one of the the safest and most viable ways to play because everything else got nerfed, mobs hit harder, and leech died.

Piety was just an example of how to fix the overtuned problem without just turning the damage down. For Malachai you could just take some of the stuff flying around in the fight away so that it becomes reasonable to evade more (instead of just knowing what can hit you and when) instead of turning the damage down.

I don't think you are right about Flame totem thou. That totem build are pretty save is fine and probably intended (i mean you run, put a freaking stick there and run away and hope it kills all the enemys, if it does not you go back and do it all over again [yes, i know that is not accurate, but you get the gist]), but the drawback always was that it takes a little longer than just using your own spell and that the totem can die. The problem is that the damage of Flame totem is that high that it can kill everything on par or even faster than other regular skills and that without any skillpoints. Put lightning + ice damage on a Flame totem and you got a skill that doubles your damage output..., even as a melee.

I'm fine with Flame totem being strong in a Flame totem build, but if everybody can just go there and double their dps with just enough stats to level the gems and nothing else makes the game boring. Why should anybody not use it to level? 3 cheap gems, one three link item and you got yourself 1k+ dps (~lvl 40). That is just stupid.
"
DE3me wrote:
The problem is that the damage of Flame totem is that high that it can kill everything on par or even faster than other regular skills and that without any skillpoints. Put lightning + ice damage on a Flame totem and you got a skill that doubles your damage output..., even as a melee.

I'm fine with Flame totem being strong in a Flame totem build, but if everybody can just go there and double their dps with just enough stats to level the gems and nothing else makes the game boring. Why should anybody not use it to level? 3 cheap gems, one three link item and you got yourself 1k+ dps (~lvl 40). That is just stupid.

:facepalm:

Try to level your toon to lvl80+ first and do some high lvl maps, lets see how long you can survive without investing any skillpoints for dps. Heck even if you invest heavily in gears+dps nodes you still less weaker than any decent bows build or even summoner with their new revenant toy.

Oh and you might want to replace added cold +lighting damage too, it simply not good for FT build
Quite a bit late to nerf normal... I had four friends try the game out for the first time and all of them quit when they hit a brick wall.. Oh well
still nothing about mana reservation??????pfff......
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
Insomn1ac wrote:
"
DE3me wrote:
The problem is that the damage of Flame totem is that high that it can kill everything on par or even faster than other regular skills and that without any skillpoints. Put lightning + ice damage on a Flame totem and you got a skill that doubles your damage output..., even as a melee.

Try to level your toon to lvl80+ first and do some high lvl maps, lets see how long you can survive without investing any skillpoints for dps. Heck even if you invest heavily in gears+dps nodes you still less weaker than any decent bows build or even summoner with their new revenant toy.

Oh and you might want to replace added cold +lighting damage too, it simply not good for FT build

I talk about how Flame totem is too strong without points spend for it so that it makes no sense not using it to level, which i tagged as facemelting boring because every character does the same if you want to be effective and you tell me that it is not overpowered in endgame content because you have to spend points at lvl 80+ if you want to use the skill.
Are you sure you understood my reasoning?
Last edited by DE3me on Jul 22, 2015, 3:42:19 AM
"
DE3me wrote:
I talk about how Flame totem is too strong without points spend for it so that it makes no sense not using it to level, which i tagged as facemelting boring because every character does the same if you want to be effective and you tell me that it is not overpowered in endgame content because you have to spend points at lvl 80+ if you want to use the skill.
Are you sure you understood my reasoning?

Oh i understand perfectly what you mean, you spewing how OP flame totem is without never try it at high level. FT is OP for leveling? who doesnt know that, no one give a damn how OP a skill is when you only at lvl 40ish. Try again when you already hit lvl 80+ (unless you never have one)
Last edited by Insomn1ac on Jul 22, 2015, 3:58:57 AM
"
Based on over a week of gameplay data, reducing the difficulty of the end of Act Four Normal some more.

??? People have issues dealing with normal Mal... is this a typo and meant to be Cruel to Merciless?
"
StrayYoshi wrote:
Please work on fixing area load times, most areas have greatly increased load times compared to The Awakening, but some areas like Imperial Gardens and Highgate can give me load times of over 1 minute. Its also pretty ridiculous to be doing master sharing and having your own hideout take over 15 seconds to load.

It was atrocious here before, now it's ... Starting the game can take up more than 5 minutes ! Loading hideout sometimes 30 seconds, like come on ... They should state that a SSD is required if you don't want to pull your hair out really. I think I'l finally succumb and buy one :(
"
Insomn1ac wrote:
"
DE3me wrote:

Facepalm? I think should facepalm for you, can't you read? These kids these days, he's talking leveling, don't come and start talking about oranges when the original guy was talking apples. If you can't admit flame totem is the most broken leveling skill since closed beta you're just a kid not wanting it to be nerfed because you're such a pro at leveling at the moment ;)

It probably depends on what skills u link with coc. Im using shock nova/ice nova/arc and trigger them by cyclone. You can try this setup and see for urself :p
Last edited by gunit76 on Jul 22, 2015, 5:00:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info