Upcoming Updates to The Awakening!

Spoiler
"
TokyoToho wrote:
My list of changes that I think would make most of the community happy

-Improve Divination Card drop rate a little. If someone spends 2 hours farming a card on average they should get at least 1. Make a fun mechanic/feature, not a week long grind just to get 1 set of something, if even longer without buying any. People have jobs/lives, they can't spend 6-8 hours farming 1-2 cards of say Brittle Emperor.

-Nerf physical damage dealt by mobs a bit. No normal mob should hit me for 25% of my life with 5.2k life, fortify up, 3 endurance charges up, and 4k armour. Revenant and Rakango damage need to be looked into, they hurt more than devourers, perhaps that's your intention, but they seem a bit overtuned compared to everything else. Evasion/Acrobatics is a dead option past rare lv75 maps unless they kill everything in 2 seconds before they can ever get hit.

-Make Warbands drop more rare jewelry, or perhaps more chance of map drops. This awards you for taking them on, just as killing Exiles rewards you with more rare jewelry. More regular rare items is not good enough to make them cool or fun. Heck, you could also introduce a buff mechanic for killing the whole warband group, sorta like Headhunter but asset effect based on the warband you kill. We want to feel OP time to time :)

-Rebalance Leech. If people are gonna invest anything into the mechanic, you need to rebalance it as your nerf was too severe (as are most your nerfs). Its effectiveness needs to be about 30% more (instead of 0.2% leeched, you get 0.3% leached. 0.4% nets you 0.6% instead, etc), it just feels very underwhelming. I agree it shouldn't have made people just sit there and leech tank bosses but it should be able to at least leech tank normal/magic mobs which it isn't atm for most builds.

-Smooth out difficulty curves. I understand act 1 Cruel is and has always been kinda of a breather after act 3 normal but at least ramp up the difficulty in Act 2 and 3 cruel/merciless.

-Act 4 doesn't need anymore balance changes aside Daresso's damage, and the Harvest Goons. Kaom is fine. Voll is fine. Their areas are FINE! Grand Arena could use a bit of a nerf in terms of quantity of monsters, you spawn in the arena then boom there's 40 monsters on screen lagging and probably would kill/overwhelm a lot of players. Maybe move them further off into center of the map or reduce the quantity by 10%. Piety, while deadly, is fine too and makes her fun. Malachai, do what you want. Don't change anything else below Harvest.

-Some skill gems could still get a bit of tuning. "Path of flame totem" is real. "Path of when is elemental hit gonna get fixed" is also real.

Overall I love Act 4, and love that you guys are constantly changes, but we are in desperate need of small (not major) changes to keep new leagues interesting. People experienced the expansion, they liked it for the most part, now its all about sustaining and encouraging your fanbase to keep playing.

100% agree
"
TokyoToho wrote:

-Improve Divination Card drop rate a little. If someone spends 2 hours farming a card on average they should get at least 1. Make a fun mechanic/feature, not a week long grind just to get 1 set of something, if even longer without buying any. People have jobs/lives, they can't spend 6-8 hours farming 1-2 cards of say Brittle Emperor.

I totally do not agree on this. Sorry.

Taking price from poe.trade decent price for Voll's Devotion is ~23 exalts on standard. And this necklace is a major build enabling unique. Given you will roll a good corrupted version.

Getting entire set within 24 hours would be kind of... lame.
+ certain Zana map mobs would be totally useless.

Now, what could be done - increase drop locations.
Farming a zone with 3 possible card drops would be great.
Some zones are useless at the moment.

Even tho people want "increased drop rate", it will not get to the point where you spend 48 hours in Merc Fellshrine and get entire set of "The Celestial Justicar" for 6l Astral Plate.

At best they could make it so that for example "The Celestial Justicar" drops in Maps related to Fellshrine.

Edit: Grammerz
Last edited by WiseGuard on Jul 21, 2015, 6:54:36 AM
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
TokyoToho wrote:

Taking price from poe.trade descent price for Voll's Devotion is ~23 exalts on standard. And this necklace is a major build enabling unique. Given you will roll a good corrupted version.

Even tho people want "icnreased drop rate", it will not get to the point where you spend 48 hours in Merc Fellshrine and get entire set of "The Celestial Justicar" for 6l Astral Plate.

At best they could make it so that for example "The Celestial Justicar" drops in Maps related to Fellshrine.

Totally understandable, but should a stack of Brittle Emperor take someone a week (with at least 3 hours each day of just farming Dried Lake) to get just because the unique is pricey? Your basing the card drop rate off of what people just set their too, it shouldn't work like that. GGG is in control of the mechanic and drop rates, players price things for whatever they want, if brittle emperor becomes slightly more common then Voll's becomes slightly more cheaper. You also aren't guaranteed a Voll's as it's corrupted and could turn into a rare so imagine spending dozens of hours now farming cards only to turn into a rare crap ammy?

Any case who farms cards for 24 hours straight? 99% people don't. You could say someone who farms for 3 hours for 7 days equates to almost 24 hours is an average player, that seems more understandable and STILL that's a long time for one item doing the same thing, for 3 hours each day. And THAT"S AFTER MY DROP RATE CHANGE SUGGESTION! Right now its at least double that on average.

I think all non-uniques definitely need to be more common and not tied to specific areas unless they are also droppable in maps. People should be able to encounter jack in a box or astral armour card like you said in maps. ATM its just forcing high level players to farm low level zones for hours on end instead of doing maps.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Jul 21, 2015, 7:06:06 AM
Great to see this news, beyond loving the game the main reason many of us are so fervent about poe is that the devs care, are involved and react trying to find the right solution based on feedback. It can't be easy, but it has to be done ;)
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
TokyoToho wrote:

Taking price from poe.trade decent price for Voll's Devotion is ~23 exalts on standard. And this necklace is a major build enabling unique. Given you will roll a good corrupted version.

Even tho people want "increased drop rate", it will not get to the point where you spend 48 hours in Merc Fellshrine and get entire set of "The Celestial Justicar" for 6l Astral Plate.

Edit: Grammerz

Sounds like someone already has a voll's devotion and worried it's value in market.

Love,
Bunny
I can't play with those lagg spikes since 2.0.0f ..
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
"
Atlas305 wrote:
We've listened to plenty of other feedback so there are lots of cool things being worked on that I can't confirm just yet

CI fix confirmed!!

Man I hope you're right, but I have my doubts. Plenty of things that really need some listening to, such as leech and map drop rates at the top of the list. And eternals too, for reviving perm leagues.

Leech is fine, don't go shout 'fix fix fix' because your standard character doesn't work like it used to with the same gear and gems as before? Please man.
Eternals? Nothing to fix or revive there, 99,9% of the players have never seen an eternal. Standard has never been so crowded too.
Map drops I can't speak of, my friend and I have done 100% the same amount of maps together, his pool is 3x as big as mine, it's just RNG.

But GGG, spawning more warbands ? Why? All they do is be there and be tanky, feeling a waste of time. Even in maps. Sorry I'm loving the game more than ever but warbands is the worst temp league I have ever played, even behind rampage.

Also I don't get why divination cards should drop more often? I mean what's the fun in getting all the cards you want fast? Isn't that beating the point of the cards? They should be an alternative route to something, but a farming one. It shouldn't be easy to get a 6L, headhunter or Voll's devotion, ever !
All the people whining about 'only for people with no lives' are just not seeing the big picture. It's an ARPG made by GRINDING gear games, it's MENT to be grind, a grind that can be fun and should be fun, if you're not havign fun while doing so you are playing the wrong game anyways. Why should people that play 1 hour a day be able to get a Headhunter in a week or something? Seriously man, it's the rarity of things that make grinds interesting, if you want stuff every time you log on play some pay2win game or something. Do you whiners realize that when you get everything you want fast, you will be burned out in no time? I don't get you guys.
Last edited by leto2626 on Jul 21, 2015, 7:48:58 AM
"
TokyoToho wrote:

You also aren't guaranteed a Voll's as it's corrupted and could turn into a rare so imagine spending dozens of hours now farming cards only to turn into a rare crap ammy?

This is false.

Brittle emperor first provides a volls devotion and then places a corruption on the amulet.

It cannot turn into a rare amulet.

And 1-2 weeks of farming for a volls devotion is incredibly little, considering it is most likely the most retarded item to ever leave the design table and be implemented in-game.

Now with EC on CWDT gone, it's even more broken then it already was. There should be a very limited supply of them in-game before it skews actual game balance.

And no i don't have one, but i know exactly what it enables and what the problem would be if they become to mainstream and so can anybody with half a functioning brain and an understanding of the current game mechanics and limitations.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"

Sounds like someone already has a voll's devotion and worried it's value in market.

Love,
Bunny

Sounds like somebody has no clue how balancing in this game operates and just wants whatever he desires irrelevant of that balance. No mater if it screws over the mass population.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 21, 2015, 7:47:26 AM
There hasn't been anything I'd say was abnormally hard except for what ever attack the eyeball launchers use. Its the red circle with a skull in it that it spams constantly.

Its not TOO terrible vanilla, but when the launcher is a rare with a "significantly more damage" aura it hits HARD. Like a smaller instant cast Atziri flameblast that it just keeps spamming every 1-2 seconds.

Yeah it killed me, and yeah I'm bitter ( ._.)

Only thing that wrecked me in a long while and considering the crazy maps I've been running it really shocked me lol
"
Based on over a week of gameplay data, reducing the difficulty of the end of Act Four Normal some more.

No surprise if they even tone it down in cruel or Merciless the next weeks;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info