Constant lag spikes

Ok, even I am beginning to wonder why there hasn't been any response to this issue. I'm a very forgiving person, especially since GGG has done so much to make a solid good game. But these lag spikes are killer and are really hurting people in the community. I figured the last patch would have something to do with what was going on, and that would mostly excuse the silence, but it didn't.

Admins/developers, please let us know what's going on. At least ask us for information/specifics so we know you're even aware of this issue. We love your game, but these lag spikes are making some of us more than frustrated.
I will have to agree with everyone here, there needs to be something done. I had just clicked on a lockbox, the game froze then about 2 seconds later I went from full health to dead. SO my lvl 28 witch in Hardcore just got shoved to standard over a issue that I couldn't even control.... That's pretty crappy if you ask me. Came back after a few months of being MIA just waiting for this exp to land and then it seems the games not even running as smooth as I remember last year... Sad times...
Patch today and still not fixed just amazing how long am I supposed to wait for the patch that fixes Ping spikes ?
on going. Please fix this.
Is there nothing I can do when my Tempest character died from lag spikes? I really don't want to lose a high level character in Maps because of a game lag spike that's completely not my fault... its really frustrating to lose all those hours because of a server
"
kh3naz wrote:
I'm convinced this isn't an issue on our side because for the first days that i played i haven't experienced this not even once, then yesterday and this morning the game was unplayable, the lag spikes are happening anywhere, in my hideout or in town every 5-10 seconds

California gateway checking in. Seeing the same issue *constantly*. Game is unplayable beyond normal, and then only with armor characters.

I am *NOT* seeing this issue at work (industrial, heavy duty connection with 2000+ users). Just at home (50MB connection, just me, no background processes eating my bandwidth that I've been able to find with any kind of virus scan).
So what I've discovered is that you may have to remove and re-add your client .exe to your anti-virus exclusion list.
You can forget about playing on the weekends.
I died twice today because of this. Did not have this problem before 2.0.1
This starting happening to me today too. Was fine for the past few weeks until today, and I didn't change anything. I have lockstep mode on, I'm thinking of turning it off to see if that will help but some people on here say that doesn't really help. I restarted steam, but that didn't help either. I'm late in hardcore so I can't really play like this, too risky.

Update: tried turning off lockstep, got a big lag spike and died against a boss that I wouldn't even consider dangerous. Bleh. Guess I'm done with this game for a while, HC is unplayable and regular isn't that much fun.
Last edited by Callipygius on Aug 1, 2015, 12:50:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info