Constant lag spikes

I suppose I will bump as well, even though it's on the top of the list of support threads.

Up until today I could, with some luck, maybe play without lag. Then today hit, and it was exponentially worse.

This is how it looks if I can log in, then I get "an unexpected disconnect" after around 30 seconds.

Some more images.

Chat time-out upon entering the game (As in playing a character).

Zero connection at all upon entering the game.

This one is just funny. Got stuck for a while on the loading screen, got godlike fps.

Then there the first of this one. It timed out while trying to enter the game, ended up back at character creation screen with no interaction possible, forcing an alt+f4.

Some weekly update on how it's going with fixing this whole connectivity issue so many people have would be great. You frankly owe it to the people who spent money for the game.
I use California server have problems all the time.
I have had many lag spikes since they changed the bandwidth thing in patch. A friend that is heavy into gaming tells me what ever they did does not like my 80mbs connection to my isp now.
Might as well throw my hat in as well. Happening on the Texas server as well. Normally sitting around 20ms, but spiking up into the 500+ms consistently while playing.
Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins;
You will raise up the age-old foundations.
And you will be called Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of the Streets in Which to Dwell.
Same here, started last week sometime. Constant lag spikes while playing. Seems to be much worse when in a party. Its almost unplayable. I can play but die a lot due to the spikes... never happened before and I don't get this in any other game.
For a moment I thought they fixed it...it seems that the servers are sometimes fine for hours at a time, and then I'll get horrendous lag spikes and "unexpected" disconnections every several minutes.

Though, it seems that the server does register the actions I take during the lag "freeze," so whenever it freezes, I do whirling blades in random directions until it stops freezing; these then all happen at like 30x fast forward, and I survive the lag spike...
Given how ignorantly they've handled the situation thus far, we should come to terms that we won't be seeing a fix anytime soon. Maybe things would get better in a month, or two, when there won't be such clutter on their lacklustre servers.
Tossing my ballot into the hat. Game was perfect until 2.0.1. Conssistent 150-700ms lag spikes every couple seconds on both Dallas and DC.

Really hoping for a fix soon :-)

Until then, Grim Dawn!
It would be great if at least someone from support could "dignify" us with some clarifications.
Oh I think my problem is the same as the one you all got:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1372973

Fak. They finally fixed the map disconnections (at least for me). Then we get this... The video demonstration is indeed a lesser example of some of the spikes I get as well. Only my ping stays at a constant value instead of going up.

I guess, no more hardcore then until it's fixed. At least we can run maps again in softcore.

Also this can happen in town. Not just in large mob packs.
Last edited by silverdash on Aug 3, 2015, 5:05:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info