Constant lag spikes

Using the Washington gateway, i have episodes of constant lag spikes, my character gets frozen in place every few seconds and it's too risky to play, it always seems to happen when i'm in the middle of a pack of mobs

Here's a visual demonstration

Here's a screenshot with WinMTR showing the packet loss

Really enjoying The Awakening, hope this gets fixed soon
Last edited by kh3naz on Jul 20, 2015, 4:06:35 AM
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2018, 12:44:45 PM
I have also been getting these lag spikes yesterday and today when connected to the Washington D.C. server.
Stranger in a strange land
Can also confirm been experiencing massive and frequent packet loss this morning in the DC gateway.

Why has POE never been able to achieve seamless gameplay?
Same problem at Amsterdam serv ... at 1PM CET
Can confirm on Washington DC server. Same issue as displayed in the video, been happening since late last night.
Same thing for me on the Frankfurt server, been happening for a few days now.
For me, the lag on the Frankfurt server has been oscillating between bad, worse and unbearable.
"
kh3naz wrote:
Using the Washington gateway, i have episodes of constant lag spikes, my character gets frozen in place every few seconds and it's too risky to play, it always seems to happen when i'm in the middle of a pack of mobs

Here's a visual demonstration

Really enjoying The Awakening, hope this gets fixed soon

That animation is EXACTLY what's happening to me as well, even though my connection to everything besides PoE is stable and my ping is normally at around 50. My latency graph looks the same as that. I don't use lockstep by the way, that only makes it worse.

I feel like this isn't a connection problem but some kind of threading or multicore issue in The Awakening client. PoE was never like this for me before, and my ping tests and winmtr route results don't show any abnormal packet loss.

I strongly feel like it's a bug in the networking functions of the game, as it seems to happen more in some areas than others, even though I experience no graphic lag or CPU load of any kind. Maybe it's just me, but it's very very bad in merveil's chamber, a4 aqueduct, and a4 dried lake.
I'm convinced this isn't an issue on our side because for the first days that i played i haven't experienced this not even once, then yesterday and this morning the game was unplayable, the lag spikes are happening anywhere, in my hideout or in town every 5-10 seconds

Also like i said this is episodic, where sometime the lag completely goes away and comes back shortly, after my post i was able to get a good 10 min of smooth lag-free gameplay but the issue came back and i died to a map boss, so i decided to just wait and see if ggg is going to do something about it, or at least respond with an explanation
Same exact thing that occurs to me on the Dallas Servers.

Bump for visibility

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info