Constant lag spikes

Yep, add me to the massive list of complainers. Sadly this great game is in a state of near unplayability at the moment. This really needs to get fixed immediately or GGG is going to lose a LOT of players over this.
I've tried both Texas and Washington servers and this is unplayable. Latency randomly jumping to over 1s every 20 seconds or so.
"
Jaille wrote:
I've tried both Texas and Washington servers and this is unplayable. Latency randomly jumping to over 1s every 20 seconds or so.

Exactly this.
I have the exact same problem, California realm. Ping goes form constant 30 to 500+ spikes last for 1-2hrs happens 2 or 3 times a day. Playing tempest so basically unplayable for the duration. I emailed support, they had me send some record of packet loss to them, but just ended up telling me to try playing behind a vpn.

Lost 2 characters to this so far, so now whenever it starts to happen I just port back to town and find something else to do for a few hours. The post they made on reddit about this problem said no one should of lost a character to it, but when ur stuck in place while running away from mobs unable to log out for 2-3 seconds its pretty easy to die...
Last edited by andrewsmonkey on Jul 20, 2015, 1:11:21 AM
I'm getting random lag spikes too, this did not happen before 2.0. This lag is happening in Warband and Tempest league for me, already riped 1x in Tempest league from lag and don't plan to play it until it's fixed. Either the new server sucks and needs replacement/upgrade or the old server can't support many players because of the new leagues.
Just want to parrot the replies to this thread. Had spikes earlier to the Texas server earlier today, during which all the damage was applied after it ended and it acted like i hadn't been leeching the entire time, so I went splat. Buddy of mine was having similar lag and only today.

That said, for me, it has only been today. My friend is about 2500km away from me and we connect to two different gateways on different sides of the US. Would like to go back to BS free farming. :D
If i wasnt tanky enough i would already be dead to those lag spikes. Had Screen freeze right now. Alt-F4 and it happened to me again. Btw i have never seen deaths to this so it seems not deadly but definetly not comfortable to play.
Last edited by A_Kvipsy on Jul 20, 2015, 1:26:16 AM
"
If i wasnt tanky enough i would already be dead to those lag spikes. Had Screen freeze right now. Alt-F4 and it happened to me again. Btw i have never saw deaths to this so it seems not deadly but definetly not comfortable to play.

Alt+F4 is delayed by like 5-10 seconds when you do it. If you esc and character select/quit game, it is usually instant when not lagging but it will still take your input command at a delay rate. If you press ESC and the ESC menu does not show up when your screen freezes, it means it is not lag, just poor graphic card.
Last edited by Ryce on Jul 20, 2015, 1:23:49 AM
"
Ryce wrote:
"
If i wasnt tanky enough i would already be dead to those lag spikes. Had Screen freeze right now. Alt-F4 and it happened to me again. Btw i have never saw deaths to this so it seems not deadly but definetly not comfortable to play.

Alt+F4 is delayed by like 5-10 seconds when you do it. If you esc and character select/quit game, it is usually instant when not lagging but it will still take your input command at a delay rate. If you press ESC and the ESC menu does not show up when your screen freezes, it means it is not lag, just poor graphic card.

You are right. I pressed exit to log in screen throuh ESC menu. Sorry for disinformation.
yea... with this, there's no real point in actually playing Hardcore at all, because not even "skill" can save you from dying when you can't control your character.

As for Alt-F4... yea it sucks, which also comes to the question that some ppls on other forum sites suggesting a 3rd party program that immediately log out your character when you get disconnected...

Last edited by o4all on Jul 20, 2015, 1:51:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info