GGG Please Answer Our CI Concerns

To the guys and girls at GGG,

POE is by far the best game for diversity, but that is been closed down very rapidly since the release of the Awakening. Everyone is having to go Fortify / Armour for damage mitigation in general. Please remember we are talking about the casual player here and not those with OP gear and or that obtained throughout the playing of POE since release.

Ever since patch 1.3 there has been a constant nerf happening to Energy Shield, and as many have said before me, “we don’t want anything for free”.

That said, and if one steps back and looks at CI, the only real benefit we obtain from it now is “Chaos Inoculation”, oh and being on full life. I’ve tried to think of other benefits and correctly me if I’m wrong but there are none. Even Blood Rage has been taken away from CI builds, with no alternative in its place for CI.

CI was one of the best defences/boost Casters used to have, but with the current leech changes and no flask for ES, how are we supposed to be able to replenish our ES? Various other builds are been affected as well by the current leech situation.

Various posts regarding CI with extremely valid and concerning points within them yet, no response from GGG within any of them.

We would really appreciate an answer from GGG, if they are or aren’t looking into this matter for us?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I co-sign this. CI is a sponge build not a mitigation build. Meaning you have massive EHP and take massive damage relatively that need to be healed quicker/more. How the hell can you suck up ES with that terrible LL now?

I'd put another 2% LL behind CI.

I've been scared to even allocate pts for my old CI cos i know its a waste with terrible leech. Unless you cast warlords, LL gem and have some gear with LL not way to tank anything.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 16, 2015, 5:41:14 AM
Most certainly get my vote +1
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
i made the mistake and reskilled my crit dagger shadow mostly as it was before the patch - result: no way to sustain ES in Merciless difficulty! with a lvl 90 char i died to regular mobs on docks and other regular instances just because of this. and my gear ain't too shabby.

so what i did next was - log off, logged into another char, left all my other CI builds as they were and didn't touch em ever since.

(besides losing any kinds of survivability i lost quite a bit of dps too cuz i tried to spec more leech and defense - which in turn still proofed to be useless lol)
ig: rokki_xXx
I'd like to plug my own thread on leech changes here, too: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1308918

Leech is one of the huge factors now crippling CI, but it's affecting a lot of other builds too and no longer makes much sense as a mechanic. It needed a nerf, but the numbers were simply decimated WAY too much.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
And we all stay unanswered after so many requests. It's a pity GGG is ignoring everyone's request.

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Still no news or update...

Happy Hunting Exiles.
bump
Not having problems staying alife in maps with MOM + 2300 Mana + 7k ES, Only problem is I cannot do reflect maps.
I have tried to use ES gain on hit jewels but it seems to be not working like mana gain on hit.
Playing kintetic blast with chain + GMP, I am currently using a 2 mana gain on hit jewel and it replenishes way more then the ES on hit.
Tried using 3x es gained on hit with highest rolls, total of 9 es gained on hit but it only healed like 300 / 200 ES a time (on big packs). I could not do a reflect map with this, only thing i survive with is popping topaz + ruby flask vs ele reflect (combined).

Also using life leech gem (lvl 19 0% quality)+ vaal pact.

Resists:
76% lightning
75% fire
75% cold

Gear:

Maybe the only way to survive = going low life with shavronne's wrappings and use fire res cold res and light res aura. (it should not be so exspensive to be able to run ele reflect maps)
Last edited by Xtermination on Jul 23, 2015, 8:52:33 AM
ci is really shit now, before the reason i would go ci is so that i have bigger life(es) pool so i could leech more, now its nearly impossible to even get enough leech, with no leech and no potions to heal there is no way to get your es back for front line es fighters - aka es melee or close combat casters, imo im better off getting intant life pot and going life now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info