Upsides of Chaos Innoculation?

Lets list current downsides of CI:

1) You can't run Blood Magic map mod.
2) You can't make any use from MANY low life benefits.
3) There are basically no full life benefits.
4) You are forced to solve stun and freeze immunity somehow, because if you don't you can be easily stunlocked/freezelocked with that 1 hp pool.
5) You can run like 3 auras, maybe 4 with huge invesment to mana reservation.
6) You can't use Eldrich Battery.
7) You can't use Blood Rage in current state of the game. Well you can... but as a spellcaster it gave u only Frenzy Charge generation. Nothing else. And there is not even good replacement for BR stacking... Poacher's mark? Useless. Its simply not worth losing ES recharge.
8) There are no flasks to recharge ES.
9) Your armor will suck because you have to invest everything into ES.
10) You cannot use health regen without ZO (which is on the other side of passive tree compared to mandatory Ghost Reaver.

What do you get in return?
1) You don't have to care about chaos damage.
2) You have max light radius all the time.
3) You have 31% max ES from 3 nodes behind CI. It is joke if you ask me (10.3% per passive point is nothing).

Thats it!

Over the years you have been nerfing CI over and over, while there is not a single reason to do so anymore. When I'm running public party map runs all I can see are low life builds.... guess why.

Don't u think it's time to give us something in return? Like some interesting full life mechanics or at least more ES gated behind the damn keystone?
Last edited by Diphal on Jul 13, 2015, 10:49:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
One of the reasons CI was nerfed was because of its synergy with Blood Rage. Well ...
"
Cocofang wrote:
One of the reasons CI was nerfed was because of its synergy with Blood Rage. Well ...

I don't mind losing BR as the mechanic for stacking frenzy charges. I just wonder whats left from all reasons why you should even think about CI as an option...

Besides, BR was never for free. I just listed 12 disadvantages of CI.
Last edited by Diphal on Jul 13, 2015, 11:42:09 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
Cocofang wrote:

I don't mind losing BR as the mechanic for stacking frenzy charges. I just wonder whats left from all reasons why you should even think about CI as an option...

Besides, BR was never for free. I just listed 12 disadvantages of CI.

You only listed 10 and some of them are even bullshit:

3) Melee Damage on Full Life gives a huge bonus to physical melee attacks, it's on par with Melee Damage gem which gives an equal bonus (with a higher mana multiplier but without having to have full life). Both can be linked for even more bonus.
There are some uniques giving bonus when on full life too.

people are always seem to missunderstand how 4 works.
It is based on maximum life YOU WOULD HAVE WITHOUT CI.

7) YOU CAN, and Frenzy Charges where heavily buffed by getting MORE damage. Stack enough frenzy charges and you have a huge benefit... EVEN AS CASTER. And it gives a attack speed and life leech.
"But mimimi... that doesn't help casters", so what? Not everything is made for casters. That argument is invalid.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
3) Melee Damage on Full Life gives a huge bonus to physical melee attacks, it's on par with Melee Damage gem which gives an equal bonus (with a higher mana multiplier but without having to have full life). Both can be linked for even more bonus.

Melee gem as an argument to the caster... Eitherway gem require slot which could be used for something else. And yeah, uniques which are total crap and nobody use them.

"
SuperMotte wrote:
I dont understand this point. Yea I might made mistake from what number it is evaluated but it makes barely any difference. When u are CI, you are not going to invest into any life nodes nor life on gear. Result is you are being permastunned or permafrozen quite often.

"
SuperMotte wrote:
7) YOU CAN, and Frenzy Charges where heavily buffed by getting MORE damage. Stack enough frenzy charges and you have a huge benefit... EVEN AS CASTER. And it gives a attack speed and life leech.
How are you going to stack them as a caster? Please enlighten me. You are going to use Frenzy just to keep frenzy charges up? Or you are going to swap some way more usefull aura with Poacher's mark?

You are not going to invest into frenzy charges as a caster when u have no reliable way how to stack them.

Anyway I'm not complaining that synergy between CI and BR was removed. I'm complaining that another benefit of CI was removed. If you don't see the difference, dont even bother to reply. There is not much benefits left, plenty of downsides tho.

I don't even need to argue with you. Numbers proves everything. Compare how many people are using CI and for example low life builds.
Last edited by Diphal on Jul 13, 2015, 2:18:36 PM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
SuperMotte wrote:

Melee gem as an argument to the caster... Eitherway gem require slot which could be used for something else. And yeah, uniques which are total crap and nobody use them.

"
SuperMotte wrote:
I dont understand this point. Yea I might made mistake from what number it is evaluated but it makes barely any difference. When u are CI, you are not going to invest into any life nodes nor life on gear. Result is you are being permastunned or permafrozen quite often.

"
SuperMotte wrote:
How are you going to stack them as a caster? Please enlighten me. You are going to use Frenzy just to keep frenzy charges up? Or you are going to swap some way more usefull aura with Poacher's mark?

You are not going to invest into frenzy charges as a caster when u have no reliable way how to stack them.

Anyway I'm not complaining that synergy between CI and BR was removed. I'm complaining that another benefit of CI was removed. If you don't see the difference, dont even bother to reply. There is not much benefits left, plenty of downsides tho.

I don't even need to argue with you. Numbers proves everything. Compare how many people are using CI and for example low life builds.

The whole argument is useless when you only look at it from one side (casters) and refuse to see the other side.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
The whole argument is useless when you only look at it from one side (casters) and refuse to see the other side.

Man, I know that BR had a way better synergy with melee / bow users. Why it was nerfed as a whole then? And like I said, I don't mind that BR was removed in particular. I mind another advantage of CI being removed. Quite big difference.

All I mentioned was we could use some buff in return... like a bit increased ES gated behind CI keystone or some full life passive. Low lifers have Pain Attunement which is huge. We have nothing.
Last edited by Diphal on Jul 14, 2015, 4:27:26 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
SuperMotte wrote:

Man, I know that BR had a way better synergy with melee / bow users. Why it was nerfed as a whole then? And like I said, I don't mind that BR was removed in particular. I mind another advantage of CI being removed. Quite big difference.

All I mentioned was we could use some buff in return... like a bit increased ES gated behind CI keystone or some full life passive. Low lifers have Pain Attunement which is huge. We have nothing.

You have a larger buffer of blue life.
"

Given how CI is in the caster area casters should be the focus of this thread, no?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You have a larger buffer of blue life.

Its seems large, but considering you are lacking other stats like armor, its not that big effective HP. Even 8k ES pool can be gone in a second. Also you don't have flasks which would regenerate ES. Life users use them as oh-shit-button. You don't have this option as ES user.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info