GGG Please Answer Our CI Concerns

"
Xtermination wrote:
Not having problems staying alife in maps with MOM + 2300 Mana + 7k ES, Only problem is I cannot do reflect maps.
I have tried to use ES gain on hit jewels but it seems to be not working like mana gain on hit.
Playing kintetic blast with chain + GMP, I am currently using a 2 mana gain on hit jewel and it replenishes way more then the ES on hit.
Tried using 3x es gained on hit with highest rolls, total of 9 es gained on hit but it only healed like 300 / 200 ES a time (on big packs). I could not do a reflect map with this, only thing i survive with is popping topaz + ruby flask vs ele reflect (combined).

Also using life leech gem (lvl 19 0% quality)+ vaal pact.

Resists:
76% lightning
75% fire
75% cold

Gear:

Maybe the only way to survive = going low life with shavronne's wrappings and use fire res cold res and light res aura. (it should not be so exspensive to be able to run ele reflect maps)

/facepalm
Did you read a word that OP said?
Gotta love these "look at me and my shiny expensive gear, I can survive ABC, why can't you? Lel" posts.
Yes I'm sure a brand new player in a brand new league can afford an Alpha helmet and a 6L armour.
Also, Shavronne, not expensive? LOL. Which game do you come from again? Or are you just trolling? By that logic a legacy 1000% facebreaker must be super cheap by your standards. Yeah it's only like what, 50ex? Pretty sure all players have at least a couple hundred ex in their stash right?
Last edited by melodia1 on Jul 23, 2015, 11:46:00 AM
i do not understand the complain about that.

Before the patch i could be afk in a big pack of monster with any problem.
it was a little bit ridiculous for my caster, because i was more resistant than an supposed tank character.

Now i must be careful and avoid to stay near to too many monster.

I'm all for word, any word about this. As the creator and maintainer of several CI build guides and a player who enjoys CI and the concept of it, I was hoping to see some mention of it in the patch notes today, but there's been no response on it.

Personally, I find it kind of ironic that they took away Bloodrage from CI for being 'free' while:

1) Mentioning it's synergy with CI earlier as an upside to taking the CI node.
->There is no basically zero incentive to take CI now (read some of the OP's linked threads).

2) Introducing other 'free' things into the game (I'm pointing a finger at fortify here, and to some extent bloodrage for life builds. Oh yeah, and golems.)

Not to mention the changes to bloodrage completely ruined flickerstrike builds, but that's not the point of this thread.

+1 for some (any) response from GGG about the state of CI.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
yea, CI has been in a bad spot for a while now, from nerf after nerf over the years. BR nerf was the last straw, and not being able to use BR made most builds utterly hopeless.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Jul 23, 2015, 11:25:21 PM
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
yea, CI has been in a bad spot for a while now, from nerf after nerf over the years. BR nerf was the last straw, and not being able to use BR made most builds utterly hopeless.

CI was in its best place ever in 1.3, in my opinion, it terms of both being balanced compared to other styles and viable in its own right.

But yeah, we're beating the dead horse here with the sucky state of CI in 2.0.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
melodia1 wrote:
"
Xtermination wrote:
Not having problems staying alife in maps with MOM + 2300 Mana + 7k ES, Only problem is I cannot do reflect maps.
I have tried to use ES gain on hit jewels but it seems to be not working like mana gain on hit.
Playing kintetic blast with chain + GMP, I am currently using a 2 mana gain on hit jewel and it replenishes way more then the ES on hit.
Tried using 3x es gained on hit with highest rolls, total of 9 es gained on hit but it only healed like 300 / 200 ES a time (on big packs). I could not do a reflect map with this, only thing i survive with is popping topaz + ruby flask vs ele reflect (combined).

Also using life leech gem (lvl 19 0% quality)+ vaal pact.

Resists:
76% lightning
75% fire
75% cold

Gear:

Maybe the only way to survive = going low life with shavronne's wrappings and use fire res cold res and light res aura. (it should not be so exspensive to be able to run ele reflect maps)

/facepalm
Did you read a word that OP said?
Gotta love these "look at me and my shiny expensive gear, I can survive ABC, why can't you? Lel" posts.
Yes I'm sure a brand new player in a brand new league can afford an Alpha helmet and a 6L armour.
Also, Shavronne, not expensive? LOL. Which game do you come from again? Or are you just trolling? By that logic a legacy 1000% facebreaker must be super cheap by your standards. Yeah it's only like what, 50ex? Pretty sure all players have at least a couple hundred ex in their stash right?

Yes I did read his post and I'm replying to the defensive state of CI. As a ranged I do not have alot of trouble, I could understand melee would have bigger problems because they are standing really close.
I mean shavronne's wrappings is a way to exspensive solution to counter ele reflect, maybe you understood it wrong. Also trying to help out and giving an solution, you can try a MOM ES build and stack mana, I just tried this it's another way to get more defense (I must say it's working well).
Didn't mean to brag about gear, just wanted to show my gem setup. I was hoping someone could give a solution to fix my ele reflect problem.

I don't really want to wait untill I have enough for a shav. There should be another way to fix this, maybe in the current state of the game it aint possible (with the leech changes)

I cannot change out any auras since all my damage is relying on it
Last edited by Xtermination on Jul 24, 2015, 3:14:12 AM
In my opinion CI needs the following node attached to it.

"Chaotic constitution"

30% status ailment avoidance (together with the nodes near rangers, this provides a grant total of 80%, but heavy travel cost to get those, so balanced by passive investment cost)

Max stack count : 20

Player gains one stack on kill

Per stack :

2% faster energy shield recharge (40% max value)
4% increased energy shield recharge rate (80% max value)

This would be in line with the current implementation of CI, which seems to be focused around natural ES regeneration instead of gimmicks like GR/ZO.

The goal would be to increase the momentum and play-style dependent on "combat heat".

So in a boss fight, you will have most likely 0 chaotic constitution charges, requiring full dependence on your natural ES regain and avoidance/crowd control skills.

However, in heavier fights your ES recharge rate and efficiency would go up allowing you to move quicker between packs and allowing you to retreat and regain ES more rapidly then the game currently allows.

This all enables greater momentum for the CI play-style while not undermining the current efforts GGG i assume is attempting to make.

+1 would love to hear some reasoning from GGG, but honestly i would rather see some active decisions being made around the subject then a forum post.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I'm really starting to wonder if GGG even see this as a concern to players?

Not a peep from them yet there are all these issues.

From what I've read throughout a lot of post, CI seems sort of there abouts with Attack builds, but casters are still in a "rock and hard place" as there isn't enough elemental leech or life leech available for them. Unless you go from the witch side of the tree all the way down to the duelist side, even then I'm doubting it, as you'll have to sacrifice ES to do that.

Why has no one from GGG said anything, Or are we as casters missing something BIG?
I've been working on trying to get my CI crit arcer working. He was really mana heavy in 1.3 because he ran a high level of arctic armor. Now I'm considering getting Vaal Pact and MoM, while keeping my mana investment.

My current opinion is that CI casters, while in a worse place than 1.3, weren't hurt as badly as melee CI users.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
guys.. MoM works ONLY with life, not with es

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info