[2.2][assassin]The Chaos Mage - Blood Magic Crit Flameblast - Uber Down

I'm going to go ahead and assume you ignored half my post. Also, one should take into account the fact that you can spam health potions while taking damage. The realistically finalized build has around 2k ES. With 2k ES you need to have around 6k life in order for the mana-shielding ES to behave like regular ES and get FULLY depleted before you die, assuming no flasks are used, and those amounts of life are impossible for this setup if we adopt a realistic approach and assume that you are not filthy rich, and that you most probably will not get past level 90 either. So, back to the potions - you're able to take heavy damage, get your health back to full by chugging flasks, and still have that 30% mitigation from MoM left along with a full health globe and some leftover ES that will regenerate, assuming you survived. Furthermore, isn't having leftover energy shield which will start regenerating after not taking damage for two seconds better than having an empty ES globe nearly every time you take damage? If you do the math you end up with deriving more utility out of your ES this way. The mere fact that damage takes smaller chunks off your ES makes it worthwhile when you add potions and ES recharge to the equation. It makes it a hell easier to sustain your life with potions against bursty packs/mobs/bosses that would otherwise blow you out of orbit once your ES goes poof because of that lack of other solid mitigation means I mentioned in my previous post, and last time I checked, the build has no other means of regenerating life, save for potions.
Last edited by intergalacticmule on Jul 23, 2015, 8:34:18 AM
"
I'm going to go ahead and assume you ignored half my post. Also, one should take into account the fact that you can spam health potions while taking damage. The realistically finalized build has around 2k ES. With 2k ES you need to have around 6k life in order for the mana-shielding ES to behave like regular ES and get FULLY depleted before you die, assuming no flasks are used, and those amounts of life are impossible for this setup if we adopt a realistic approach and assume that you are not filthy rich, and that you most probably will not get past level 90 either. So, back to the potions - you're able to take heavy damage, get your health back to full by chugging flasks, and still have that 30% mitigation from MoM left along with a full health globe and some leftover ES that will regenerate, assuming you survived. Furthermore, isn't having leftover energy shield which will start regenerating after not taking damage for two seconds better than having an empty ES globe nearly every time you take damage? If you do the math you end up with deriving more utility out of your ES this way. The mere fact that damage takes smaller chunks off your ES makes it worthwhile when you add potions and ES recharge to the equation. It makes it a hell easier to sustain your life with potions against bursty packs/mobs/bosses that would otherwise blow you out of orbit once your ES goes poof because of that lack of other solid mitigation means I mentioned in my previous post, and last time I checked, the build has no other means of regenerating life, save for potions.

You dont recharge ES while taking damage, after combat in either situations ES will recharge, also potions are the same for either one. Don't you know how EB and MoM work?. You are talking nosense.

Do you realize that Health potions don't work on ES , and that if your ES is depleted you dont have MoM anymore.

Another thing that you don't realize, is that by doing this which is useless in first place, you are also gimping yourself in gear. You now need ES instead of Armour rolls in gear. So you are also loosing a lot of physical reduction from Armour.
Last edited by Delihorda on Jul 23, 2015, 11:58:12 AM
Have you even taken a deeper look into the build and given it some thought instead of only criticizing what gave you an eyesore after first glance? How do you exactly get flameblast to crit often enough without Voidbringers that are, shh, don't tell anyone, freaking ES gear? How exactly do you get that extra 25% fire to chaos conversion without an Infernal Mantle that is, surprisingly, ES gear? Overall, how the hell do you get 14 blue sockets on your defensive gear pieces if you only opt for pure armor gear? The main idea behind the build is to have a crit Flameblast character that is immune to reflect, which is impossible as long as it deals elemental damage. The 100% chaos damage conversion, hence reflect immunity, is only achievable via the Consuming dark + Infernal Mantle combo. These are MUST HAVES for the build concept.

While I do realise that you are referring to the most straightforward way of using the EB/MoM combo, it would be good to point out that every single passive node or item piece in this game was designed to be versatile, hence applicable in multiple situations, instead of just one straightforward way. Or to put it in a simpler way so you can grasp the concept - no, EB/MoM was NOT made entirely, exclusively and solely, just so people could reserve their mana. In this case we use it so we can have a better time sustaining our health while almost never having our ES depleted entirely. Comprende?

Furthermore, next time you decide to criticize something, take a better look and give it thought, and if you still have any remarks, give them in a constructive and detailed manner, instead of sounding like a snappy douche by putting the OP down like that, so people could actually benefit from your post.

I gave you a thousand reasons why EB/MoM is a good choice in this situation, yet you seem to dismiss all of them for god knows whatever reason. I sure do hope that's a language barrier thing.

I rest my freaking case before I start sounding too much like a board warrior.
Last edited by intergalacticmule on Jul 23, 2015, 12:54:32 PM
"
Have you even taken a deeper look into the build and given it some thought instead of only criticizing what gave you an eyesore after first glance? How do you exactly get flameblast to crit often enough without Voidbringers that are, shh, don't tell anyone, freaking ES gear? How exactly do you get that extra 25% fire to chaos conversion without an Infernal Mantle that is, surprisingly, ES gear? Overall, how the hell do you get 14 blue sockets on your defensive gear pieces if you only opt for pure armor gear? The main idea behind the build is to have a crit Flameblast character that is immune to reflect, which is impossible as long as it deals elemental damage. The 100% chaos damage conversion, hence reflect immunity, is only achievable via the Consuming dark + Infernal Mantle combo. These are MUST HAVES for the build concept.

While I do realise that you are referring to the most straightforward way of using the EB/MoM combo, it would be good to point out that every single passive node or item piece in this game was designed to be versatile, hence applicable in multiple situations, instead of just one straightforward way. Or to put it in a simpler way so you can grasp the concept - no, EB/MoM was NOT made entirely, exclusively and solely, just so people could reserve their mana. In this case we use it so we can have a better time sustaining our health while almost never having our ES depleted entirely. Comprende?

Furthermore, next time you decide to criticize something, take a better look and give it thought, and if you still have any remarks, give them in a constructive and detailed manner, instead of sounding like a snappy douche by putting the OP down like that, so people could actually benefit from your post.

I gave you a thousand reasons why EB/MoM is a good choice in this situation, yet you seem to dismiss all of them for god knows whatever reason. I sure do hope that's a language barrier thing.

I rest my freaking case before I start sounding too much like a board warrior.

Allright, i took a better look, watch the video of the 73 map clear. Looks great man, keep playing it!!!! Cheers
Damn i was going to post my build than a friend directs me here and shows me this , mine isnt exacly the same but general idea is the same

mine is specced for rarity and running all map mods

Passive pathing is slightly different i honestly like yours more , but because of my vaal skills i need the keystones

Tree

Gear

Spoiler

Video

IGN WitchesOPnow
Hi, ty for the build !

something bother me !
if you go for righteous fire with 100 fire > 100 chaos damage.
righteous fire deal chaos dmg to you ? or it will be fire ?
if this work, CI righteous fire can be a way lol
"
Giralt wrote:
Hi !! I'm new to the game and I am trying this build, it looks awesome.

I'm lvl 28, just started act 3, with [magma orb -> lesseer multiple projectiles] for aoe and flame totem for single targets.

I was wondering what stats should I look for in items while leveling, and if you can give me some tips on gear before I can get the items in your build.

I am identifying all one hand daggers for weapons with Increased Global Critical, and for the gear I'm identifyng those that say X Intelect required.

Thank you for the guide.

the only thing that u really need is 2 lifesprig

try to get life/ resist gear while leveling

"
Thanks for the nice build.
What about using magma orb or other fire skills instead of flameblast?

ou can use any fire or cold skills.

for cold will need to use pyre

"
Hi, ty for the build !

something bother me !
if you go for righteous fire with 100 fire > 100 chaos damage.
righteous fire deal chaos dmg to you ? or it will be fire ?
if this work, CI righteous fire can be a way lol

you cant use CI u need more than 1 life to use it

i think that RF will not be converted to chaos damage, but is something that we'll need to try
"
Damn i was going to post my build than a friend directs me here and shows me this , mine isnt exacly the same but general idea is the same

mine is specced for rarity and running all map mods

Passive pathing is slightly different i honestly like yours more , but because of my vaal skills i need the keystones

Tree

Gear

Spoiler

Video

nice build i think that u need more cast speed

"
intergalacticmule

i'm happy that u understood how the build works

that 2,8% life regen + enduryng cry, + pots, is enough for now, because i kill everything very fast.

i'm going to try to kil uber lvl 92, just need to lvl gems and 1 item and i think will be enough

Hi Reddit sent me here~

Follow your Dreams :)

Back to topic, I had a 75k Chaos 100% conversion CI Magama Orb'er, But I gaved up on her~

Personally I find flame blast to be abit too slow~

Had 8k Es
Ci,
Never On low mana.

With 75k on GMP & Aoe, for Extra "shotgun" aoe over lap dmg~

It just wasn't very clear speed esk.

Magma orb, lvl 19 /Q20 (lels)
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 24, 2015, 2:37:39 AM
i have got to know... why faster casting over spell echo?
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info