[2.2][assassin]The Chaos Mage - Blood Magic Crit Flameblast - Uber Down

"
Night_Zero wrote:
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
How do you think a non-crit build will compare to this?

As far as I remember, crit Flameblast was not far better than non-crit before. Even with Assassin making crit FB more reliable, don't you think a non crit Elementalist might do better with the constant shock and 40% more damage from Elemental Overload?

i read about that non crit flambeblast uber that is also uber viable...

and i rpefer mine, reasons:
1 - kill almost everything with 1 hit
2 - dont need to wait poison dot
3 - more hp with MOM/EB (7.8 k right now)
4- and i think that i have more dps

but that depends how's your playerstyle

After building a character with similar build, just non crit, I have to disagree.

1 & 2: Non crit Flameblast 1 shot everything as well, and the poison is very short. Besides, non crit do this more reliably. Ambush fails terribly in group (or even when your Golem deals some accidental damage).

3: I don't know which build you refer to. The low life Occultist version in Witch forum has over 8k ES. I just built a BM MOM EB Occultist and have 7.1k effective Hp at level 92 with pretty bad gear (my chest has 400 ES, no other pieces of equipment has more than 100 ES, I even use Malachai Simula for BM effect) so with some investment, non crit build can have better eHP than crit.

4: You don't post your DPS, so I can't compare. I have over 21k tooltip Flameblast with Elemental Overload (25.5k peak with flask). If I use Flame Golem instead of Stone Golem, it might be higher but I prefer more regen and the taunt. I haven't count in the damage gained from -20% enemy chaos resist, or the 10% more damage to enemy affected by curse. Even with similar or slightly lower sheet dps, actual dps of non crit build can still be higher due to a stronger poison damage.

I agree that it is subjective to which version to run (I prefer non crit FB). Anyways, thanks for giving me the idea of Chaos BM Flameblast. What I thought was just an experiment at first turned out to be my strongest character this league, and the only one I killed Uber and twinned T15 with.
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on May 12, 2016, 10:42:02 PM
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
"
Night_Zero wrote:
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
How do you think a non-crit build will compare to this?

As far as I remember, crit Flameblast was not far better than non-crit before. Even with Assassin making crit FB more reliable, don't you think a non crit Elementalist might do better with the constant shock and 40% more damage from Elemental Overload?

i read about that non crit flambeblast uber that is also uber viable...

and i rpefer mine, reasons:
1 - kill almost everything with 1 hit
2 - dont need to wait poison dot
3 - more hp with MOM/EB (7.8 k right now)
4- and i think that i have more dps

but that depends how's your playerstyle

After building a character with similar build, just non crit, I have to disagree.

1 & 2: Non crit Flameblast 1 shot everything as well, and the poison is very short. Besides, non crit do this more reliably. Ambush fails terribly in group (or even when your Golem deals some accidental damage).

3: I don't know which build you refer to. The low life Occultist version in Witch forum has over 8k ES. I just built a BM MOM EB Occultist and have 7.1k effective Hp at level 92 with pretty bad gear (my chest has 400 ES, no other pieces of equipment has more than 100 ES, I even use Malachai Simula for BM effect) so with some investment, non crit build can have better eHP than crit.

4: You don't post your DPS, so I can't compare. I have over 21k tooltip Flameblast with Elemental Overload (25.5k peak with flask). If I use Flame Golem instead of Stone Golem, it might be higher but I prefer more regen and the taunt. I haven't count in the damage gained from -20% enemy chaos resist, or the 10% more damage to enemy affected by curse. Even with similar or slightly lower sheet dps, actual dps of non crit build can still be higher due to a stronger poison damage.

I agree that it is subjective to which version to run (I prefer non crit FB). Anyways, thanks for giving me the idea of Chaos BM Flameblast. What I thought was just an experiment at first turned out to be my strongest character this league, and the only one I killed Uber and twinned T15 with.

you have your points...

but i blame myself for not being clear...

1 - i can hit almost everything in a full party. that means that i can carry my friends or those partys with low dps.....
i like dps dps dps and more dps

3 - i still prefer life insted of low life or CI. but thats also a player choice. You may be right about that, but doind my build u must make it as shadow, because of the crits

4 - posted... ty for the tip. 50,2k self buffs with pots

that dps that make me hit kill uber

and i think that i'm going to drop some life and get more dps to make sure that i'll hit kill

So i made the build and it's actually good thanks m8 :^)

by baconzitos
u're welcome.next ladder i'll try it again after all the Nerf on chaos damage and items
Is it still possible to get 100% chaos conversion for this build or is this build dead now

what if you have 75% chaos conversion - does the build still work?
Last edited by dantven on Jun 5, 2016, 3:19:05 AM
Of course it does work, but in this case you need to remember that 25% of your damage is not chaos and it can be reflected back to you. With 75% chaos conversion you can't faceroll everything, you need to play more carefuly.
Last edited by Mindfreak on Jun 5, 2016, 4:01:11 AM
making taking elementalist -50% reflect is the way to go now
yes... go elementalist, the base of going chaos is to not die to reflect.... i think that the damage as fire is much higher.

next ladder i'll made this build again fire ele with dual void battery

more and more dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info