[2.2][assassin]The Chaos Mage - Blood Magic Crit Flameblast - Uber Down

"
Werynn wrote:
Ok, i understand. Nice to ses that you know what you are talking about ^^
What about the chaoscial cascade build ?
Sorry about m'y pretty bad English ^^'

There i 3 possibilities about how to make this build viable.

The same as i'm using now is one of them, just need to lvl gems, change gem setup and chance all fire damage on tree to cold..

to make the others 2 i need to lvl a new char. i'm on hold of that

"
What do you think about the combination The Consuming Dark + Bino's kitchen knife? That should regulate your life regen problems no?

will probably work for melee fire skills, but the crit is low for this build. Bino's is not a spell dagger
Can you explain why we go MoM and EB?

Why not just let ES take 100% of the damage instead of the 30% we get from MoM/EB combo?
IGN: Metzu / HerbalSplooge
"
Metzu wrote:

Why not just let ES take 100% of the damage instead of the 30% we get from MoM/EB combo?

i dont have any increase to ES regen

So in fights i will take damage and will take so much time to regen ES.

After that damage will be in my life and ES regen will not be fast enough. When that happens ES will not be effective

Pots will not helps in this kind of scenario and 2 conseccutives hits will kill me

WHen i use MOM/ EB my Es will not be over so fast. so i can use flasks to regen life and there will be ES left to take damage...

This is just a way to always have some kind of damage reduction

I dont know if i was clear.. lol

"
Night_Zero wrote:
"
Metzu wrote:

i dont have any increase to ES regen

So in fights i will take damage and will take so much time to regen ES.

After that damage will be in my life and ES regen will not be fast enough. When that happens ES will not be effective

Pots will not helps in this kind of scenario and 2 conseccutives hits will kill me

WHen i use MOM/ EB my Es will not be over so fast. so i can use flasks to regen life and there will be ES left to take damage...

This is just a way to always have some kind of damage reduction

I dont know if i was clear.. lol

Makes sense, thank you :)
IGN: Metzu / HerbalSplooge
Hello Night_Zero , this build is awesome , i am having no trouble lvl-ing with it. But can i ask that why didn't you take chaos damage increase nodes such as "Method to the Madness" , "Corruption". Doesn't it increase flameblast's chaos damage?
Hello There, again !
I got some trouble surviving with this build (in particular against physical monsters). I'm trying to improve this survavibility (running AA actually).
I'm trying a combo to increase the dps a while : Even with the 100% cold to fire to chaos, arctic breath still chill (with the second effect of the skill). If Hypothermia is linked to flame totem, or to Arctic Breath (which will become our n°1 skill)we maybe can gain alot of damages!
"
Werynn wrote:
Hello There, again !
I got some trouble surviving with this build (in particular against physical monsters). I'm trying to improve this survavibility (running AA actually).
I'm trying a combo to increase the dps a while : Even with the 100% cold to fire to chaos, arctic breath still chill (with the second effect of the skill). If Hypothermia is linked to flame totem, or to Arctic Breath (which will become our n°1 skill)we maybe can gain alot of damages!

1- its really necessary that u use granite flask. try to get increased armour

idk stil didnt tried to lvl this build with cold skills...

but i think will work and i rpefer glacial cascade or ice spear.

Using flameblast you'll need to learn when to cast and how's safe

"
Hello Night_Zero , this build is awesome , i am having no trouble lvl-ing with it. But can i ask that why didn't you take chaos damage increase nodes such as "Method to the Madness" , "Corruption". Doesn't it increase flameblast's chaos damage?

Any increase to fire damage increase chaos damage so i prefer to focus on fire damage.

To get that chaos damage i'll spend 12 points

with that u'll get 41+38 = 79

To do that u'll lose 55% fire 4 % elemental 4% area 50% crit 30% multiplier and will be from a jew that you can get + 50% incresed fire damage ina single jew

Those nodes increase chaos dama

Last edited by Night_Zero on Jul 20, 2015, 4:40:51 PM
Sure, i'm thinking about leveling a chaos mage instead of respec my old char, i would learn how to play it and appreciate it as it is :) thanks for answering !
Hi there.

First of all: Awesome build.
I really like the idea of converting 100% fire to chaos since it's so easy to increase fire damage via tree and equipment.

Have you tried Incinerate as your main attack with this setup or a non-crit spellcaster?
I think using the high damage output of Incinerate with the conversion to chaos damage could be something fun to try out.

On another note: Does anyone know if the damage from Righteous Fire would be converted to chaos as well while using Consuming Dark + Infernal Mantle?
If yes, this would allow CI users to run RF without taking any damage at all.
"
Huiracocha wrote:
Hi there.

First of all: Awesome build.
I really like the idea of converting 100% fire to chaos since it's so easy to increase fire damage via tree and equipment.

Have you tried Incinerate as your main attack with this setup or a non-crit spellcaster?
I think using the high damage output of Incinerate with the conversion to chaos damage could be something fun to try out.

On another note: Does anyone know if the damage from Righteous Fire would be converted to chaos as well while using Consuming Dark + Infernal Mantle?
If yes, this would allow CI users to run RF without taking any damage at all.

Just tested it, and I can say the conversion does not work on rf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info