[2.2][assassin]The Chaos Mage - Blood Magic Crit Flameblast - Uber Down

Excellent guide! Thanks for the info.
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
Hi !! I'm new to the game and I am trying this build, it looks awesome.

I'm lvl 28, just started act 3, with [magma orb -> lesseer multiple projectiles] for aoe and flame totem for single targets.

I was wondering what stats should I look for in items while leveling, and if you can give me some tips on gear before I can get the items in your build.

I am identifying all one hand daggers for weapons with Increased Global Critical, and for the gear I'm identifyng those that say X Intelect required.

Thank you for the guide.
Hi When will you have a chance to make the build for glacial cascade.

Thanks
Hi! This build viable in hardcore?Night_Zero
Last edited by bollpocbl on Jul 22, 2015, 4:26:28 PM
Hi! This build viable in hardcore?
"
bollpocbl wrote:
Hi! This build viable in hardcore?

To tell you the truth i dont know. i'm not a HC player but i'll try this build in hc probably next month

me and my friends go play hc every ladder to see the last man standing... our way to troll first dying friend...

changes that i'll make to HC

this build

http://tinyurl.com/pd344gx

start with marauder
the build will get 249% life
7.7% life regen
192% increased armor
+23% all resist in tree
+1% fire

but u'll lose crit

Last edited by Night_Zero on Jul 31, 2015, 7:57:13 PM
There is no point using EB + MoM with this build, if dont take any of those, you have "100% damage reduction" from ES, instead of 30% and you will save some passives. The whole idea of using EB is to reserve auras, but since you have no mana or auras is pointless. LeL build of the week, yeah right.
Thanks for the nice build.
What about using magma orb or other fire skills instead of flameblast?
Last edited by Lurgee on Jul 23, 2015, 4:05:21 AM
"
Delihorda wrote:
There is no point using EB + MoM with this build, if dont take any of those, you have "100% damage reduction" from ES, instead of 30% and you will save some passives. The whole idea of using EB is to reserve auras, but since you have no mana or auras is pointless. LeL build of the week, yeah right.

I can't agree there. I think OP justified his choice of those two keystones quite well. To elaborate once more on that in a little more depth - having ES protect your life is kind of lackluster, since without much mitigation from armor, getting your ES down to zero from 1.5-2k is easy as pie. Once your energy shield is down, you have almost no mitigation at all, which renders you quite vulnerable to anything really.

This character is also quite vulnerable to stuns - without MoM you have a nearly 100% chance of dying if you get stunlocked. Having ES protect your mana for MoM to kick in gives you greater survivability since damage only chunks at your ES for so much, meaning your resources overlap and thus give you a nearly constant 30% mitigation, in addition to flasks, endurance charges, and molten shell.It is a question of utility - instead of getting your energy shield depleted from a few hits, it gets depleted at a lower rate through MoM, which makes your ES pool last longer and also gives the possibility to regenerate it even by a little bit, giving you that extra 30% mitigation for another hit or so, depending how long you last without taking damage.

It really does make all the difference in the world - the idea behind this character's defences is actually having little chunks of mitigation from different sources(mentioned above), which actually become quite efficient once they add up, instead of having to focus on a single defensive resource from gear and passives, which in my mind would be more lackluster passive and gear-wise compared to picking up the keystones in question, since you're already trying hard to compensate for flameblast's low crit chance. EB and MoM only cost you a three-point deviation from the rest of the original tree, which is a great bargain as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by intergalacticmule on Jul 23, 2015, 12:40:29 PM
"
"
Delihorda wrote:

I can't agree there. I think OP justified his choice of those two keystones quite well. To elaborate once more on that in a little more depth - having ES protect your life is kind of lackluster, since without much mitigation from armor, getting your ES down to zero from 1.5-2k is easy as pie. Once your energy shield is down, you have almost no mitigation at all, which renders you quite vulnerable to anything really. This character is also quite vulnerable to stuns - without MoM you have a nearly 100% chance of dying if you get stunlocked. Having ES protect your mana for MoM to kick in gives you greater survivability since damage only chunks at your ES for so much, meaning your resources overlap and thus give you a nearly constant 30% mitigation, in addition to flasks, endurance charges, and molten shell.It is a question of utility - instead of getting your energy shield depleted from a few hits, it gets depleted at a lower rate through MoM, which makes your ES pool last longer and also gives the possibility to regenerate it even by a little bit, giving you that extra 30% mitigation for another hit or so, depending how long you last without taking damage. It really does make all the difference in the world - the idea behind this character's defences is actually having little chunks of mitigation from different sources(mentioned above), which actually become quite efficient once they add up, instead of having to focus on a single defensive resource from gear and passives, which in my mind would be more lackluster passive and gear-wise compared to picking up the keystones in question, since you're already trying hard to compensate for flameblast's low crit chance. EB and MoM only cost you a three-point deviation from the rest of the original tree, which is a great bargain as far as I'm concerned.

You realize that you have the same pool right? and by taking 3 nodes, you only change the way they are taken, not the damage you take?

lets say you have 3k life and 1k ES. and that mobs hit you by 1K.

With not MoM + EB, you need 4 hits to die, 1 will take all ES , the next 3 take all life,
with MoM+EB, the first hit takes 700 life and 300 ES, by the second one it takes 700 more, etc, etc, You need the EXACT SAME number of hits to die. This is because MoM is NOT REDUCTION, but CONVERSION. At the end of the day, you just wasted 3 pasive points, you may say, "only deviates 3 passives", but i say that wasting 3 passives is a lot when you are lvl 90.
Last edited by Delihorda on Jul 23, 2015, 7:32:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info