Level 1 DPS Competition

Dissapointing that its allowed to rush through for the free passives. I was intending to have a go, but I'll be giving it a miss now.

It's been mentioned that the dev's will get information from this, and I think its pretty unlikely that any balancing information will be gained from what a lvl 1 super twinked char can do. Its not exactly a normal scenario, and it doesn't indicate in the slightest what chars are able to achieve at high level where the balancing really comes into play.

Lawl. The 12 extra skillpoint thing does put more emphasis on class and base level gear, though. Will be a much more interesting twinking competition that way.
"
Fred wrote:

It's been mentioned that the dev's will get information from this, and I think its pretty unlikely that any balancing information will be gained from what a lvl 1 super twinked char can do. Its not exactly a normal scenario, and it doesn't indicate in the slightest what chars are able to achieve at high level where the balancing really comes into play.

It is exactly a what a normal scenario would be. I agree with tpapp when he said that this is perhaps a test to see just how imbalanced a super twink can make things. Even if the info isn't used to balance PvE, it will most certainly be taken into consideration for PvP and Cuthroat.
"
Covert wrote:
I have to agree that rushing the character through to get skill points is a bad idea and is not a realistic representation of what a twinked character would be. I hope the devs change the rules and make it so you have to be lvl 1 with 0 skill points.

Is it possible to get lvl 2/3 mods on an item and still have it as a lvl 1 requirement? I seem to remember having +10% quantity on items which is a lvl 2 mod on lvl 1 items.

Again, I think it is a very realistic representation. It easily points out exploits and would be necessary to balance out PvP and Cuthroat.

And it is entirely possible to have rares with 4 mods and no lvl requirement.
Unavailable

Uniques as well:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Last edited by FaceLicker on Nov 28, 2011, 5:34:14 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
KrapnoV wrote:
EDIT : NOTIFICATION TO DEVS!
I don't know if there is a problem with servers in charge of loading act 2 Forest Encampement currently, but since I got help clearing act 1 at level 1, I can no longer load any characters who logged out from there.

I have no trouble loading with new characters from Twilight Strand however... could it be that I accidentally triggered some kind of anti-cheat system?

Help! Im not kidding!!

This is probably an issue that we know about where you can't rejoin areas after being disconnected in a party. We're working on a fix.

Edit: regarding mods on rares - currently the required level of mods is one under the level they spawn at. So this means you can get level 2 mods with a level 1 requirement. On my test characters for this competition I have fire, cold and physical damage on my rings, for example.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 28, 2011, 5:29:27 PM
It's kinda funny that the experience system that was designed to stop abusive rushing has led to abusive rushing for this contest.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
It's kinda funny that the experience system that was designed to stop abusive rushing has led to abusive rushing for this contest.

Was thinking the exact same thing, heh
This might have been answered before, or it might be a non-issue: are we taking the total damage of both weapons into account, if we choose to dual-wield?
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
This might have been answered before, or it might be a non-issue: are we taking the total damage of both weapons into account, if we choose to dual-wield?

It averages them. There's a small dual wielding bonus, so it's still worth doing if you have good 1h items, but I suspect a 2h item will do better in this event because you can't get more than 12 passives.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Dreggon wrote:

This number:
Last edited by FaceLicker on Nov 28, 2011, 7:20:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info