Level 1 DPS Competition

Damn, a while back I found a weapon that could have been almost the best possible — would have been really good.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
Damn, a while back I found a weapon that could have been almost the best possible — would have been really good.

Pretty much whoever has two of these is going to win on a dual wield:

Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Chris wrote:

You'll observe that level 1 characters cannot equip skill gems. This means that the DPS of your default attack is being measured. We will not count any damage that comes from conditional elements such as buffs, flask usage, "damage on low life" from the unique Redbeak, etc.

... so only the "default" damage of this one gets into the competition or is this one forbidden at all ?
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
Last edited by Deathtiny2266 on Nov 28, 2011, 6:11:35 AM
"
Deathtiny2266 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

You'll observe that level 1 characters cannot equip skill gems. This means that the DPS of your default attack is being measured. We will not count any damage that comes from conditional elements such as buffs, flask usage, "damage on low life" from the unique Redbeak, etc.

... so only the "default" damage of this one gets into the competition or is this one forbidden at all ?

I think, that they can count damage of this sword, when user has full life and no problem then. :0) But I think there are better choices, when you dont have this buff. :0) Oh, this is great competition.
Sounds like a good Comp :)
Character: Ex_Test
League: Hardcore
DPS: 47.4
Passives: 0

Ex_Test 47.4 DPS currently, I believe ther is still room for about 10 elemental damage from rings and some attack speed. Hopeful to get to 60 DPS but not sure if its even possible

Have not had time for anyone to run me through to get the 12 skill points so basically wasted a lot of high currency on nothing. Ah well it was still a lot of fun.
RIP Bolto
Last edited by Covert on Dec 4, 2011, 4:08:22 PM
What class is Ex_Test out of curiosity? My Marauder is 29.4 but plenty of twinking left to do.
Soldiers of the Wasteland - sotwguild.com
"
Mcrat wrote:
What class is Ex_Test out of curiosity? My Marauder is 29.4 but plenty of twinking left to do.

It wouldn't make sense for anyone to use anything except marauder in here, given that melee weapons are the way to go, and you start off with the highest strength as a marauder.

"
Covert wrote:
Hopeful to get to 60 DPS but not sure if its even possible

It's possible all right, but good luck rolling the rares to pull it off.
"
Chris wrote:
We're running a competition over the next week for people to get the highest Damage Per Second value on a level 1 character.

The competition ends at 0400 UTC on Monday December 5. (That's 5pm NZ time on the Tuesday next week.)

Prizes will be awarded on both the Default and Hardcore leagues. For this competition, the prize is a Mirror of Kalandra:
Unavailable

To enter, post your entry in this thread, saying the name of the character, the amount of DPS and whether it's hardcore or default. We'll confirm the values by copying the characters to our internal realm.

Our way to confirm your DPS is to load your character into whatever area it starts in, open the character screen and read the "Damage per second" value while "Default attack" is selected.

We'll be judging based on what the current Beta version at the time is. Note that it's likely that 0.9.4 will be out before the deadline. If 0.9.4 is out, then the competition will be judged based on 0.9.4 balance values which may be a little different than 0.9.3. Having said that, higher damage is always better and will probably remain that way.

Wow, nice reward!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Great Competition! Ill try it out :)
CEST (Wintertime UTC (GMT) +1 // Summertime UTC (GMT) +2))
In Beta since 25. August 2011

Basic Point Pack Supporter - 120 USD till today!
We are not less usefull as the "BlingBling" supporters!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info