Level 1 DPS Competition

We're running a competition over the next week for people to get the highest Damage Per Second value on a level 1 character.

The competition ends at 2300 UTC on Sunday December 4. (That's noon NZ time on Monday next week.) Note that this is five hours earlier than the initial end time that we announced.

Prizes will be awarded on both the Default and Hardcore leagues. For this competition, the prize is a Mirror of Kalandra:
Unavailable

To enter, post your entry in this thread, saying the name of the character, the amount of DPS and whether it's hardcore or default. We'll confirm the values by copying the characters to our internal realm.

Our way to confirm your DPS is to load your character into whatever area it starts in, open the character screen and read the "Damage per second" value while "Default attack" is selected.

You'll observe that level 1 characters cannot equip skill gems. This means that the DPS of your default attack is being measured. We will not count any damage that comes from conditional elements such as buffs, flask usage, "damage on low life" from the unique Redbeak, etc.

Edit: We have reduced the length of the competition by five hours so that we can deploy 0.9.4 afterwards. The above time (2300 UTC on Sunday December 4) is correct. This also means that we can confirm that the competition will be judged on 0.9.3 balance values. Sorry for the small change of plans!

The competition is now over! Prizes are as follows:

Default League (Mirror of Kalandra):
  • Sexmachine (Fatigue) - 64.8dps

Hardcore League (Mirror of Kalandra):
  • LevelOneDpsEntry (Lurker) - 56.2dps

3 Runners-up (Exalted Orb):
  • wert (Moordakhan) - 50.3dps
  • Ex_Test (Covert) - 47.4dps
  • Praetor_Gt (Garr0t) - 45.1dps

The prizes have been put on the cursors of the winning characters. Congratulations to all the winners!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Dec 4, 2011, 7:41:20 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Just to clarify - you are allowed to transfer items to this character from other characters (or enter other areas) providing you stay at level 1.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
RaWRpewpew wrote:
So there is no special league/realm like with the ladder race?

Those are separate and we will definitely do more of them!
"
Lurker wrote:

The very thought of this is hilarious, and it would make the whole competition completely unbalanced. Yes, it is possible to pull that off, at least partially if not completely, but I'd like to get some confirmation on whether or not this is actually allowed before anyone commits to it.

The only requirement is that you are level 1.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
The level on the website is the level that the item starts dropping, not the level that is required to equip the item.
You can have up to 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes.

Mods in the same family can not spawn at the same time. A family is the group of mods that grants the same stats (On the mod pages, each heading is a family). For example, if you have Healthy on a rare you can't also get Sanguine.
"
Legaroth wrote:
Shame you can rush for skill points.. I mean its fun, for those who can.. but im new to the beta. No friends for me to boost me from start to finish

Im quite sure the ladder lvling challange was won by some teams, and not individuals, i would hope there will be plenty challanges where newer people can stand a chance. because 12 skill points is ..alot

The leveling challenge was won by solo players, I believe. Their stories are in that thread. You have an entire week to prepare this character, that's plenty of time to acquire items or get help from new friends!
"
KrapnoV wrote:
EDIT : NOTIFICATION TO DEVS!
I don't know if there is a problem with servers in charge of loading act 2 Forest Encampement currently, but since I got help clearing act 1 at level 1, I can no longer load any characters who logged out from there.

I have no trouble loading with new characters from Twilight Strand however... could it be that I accidentally triggered some kind of anti-cheat system?

Help! Im not kidding!!

This is probably an issue that we know about where you can't rejoin areas after being disconnected in a party. We're working on a fix.

Edit: regarding mods on rares - currently the required level of mods is one under the level they spawn at. So this means you can get level 2 mods with a level 1 requirement. On my test characters for this competition I have fire, cold and physical damage on my rings, for example.
Last edited by Chris on Nov 28, 2011, 5:29:27 PM
"
Dreggon wrote:
This might have been answered before, or it might be a non-issue: are we taking the total damage of both weapons into account, if we choose to dual-wield?

It averages them. There's a small dual wielding bonus, so it's still worth doing if you have good 1h items, but I suspect a 2h item will do better in this event because you can't get more than 12 passives.
I have edited the original post to reduce the length of the competition by a few hours. It now ends five hours earlier so that we can deploy 0.9.4 afterwards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info