Level 1 DPS Competition

"
Lurker wrote:
EDIT: I distinctly remember checking to make sure that some weapon modifiers did work globally prior to my original post several hours ago. However the weapons which I used to test it no longer give me the same results. Either it was a graphical error in the character screen that was fixed from 0.9.3 -> 0.9.4, or I'm just suffering from some form of sleep deprivation.
It wouldn't just be a change to the character screen - for that information to change it would have to have changed how it works, and I am certainly not aware of any such change between 0.9.3 and 0.9.4.
No global mod affecting the weapon's damage should be able to spawn on a weapon, to my knowledge. I did specifically check the added elemental mods and they are indeed set up correctly such that only the local version can ever spawn on weapons and the nonlocal versions on other items (rings, etc). There may be one or two where there's a change, but all the ones I've checked have been set up correctly.
Is it possible you also had damage of the same element on a ring/belt/amulet and this caused the confusion? If you have added fire damage on both a ring and the off-hand weapon you'll see it on the main-hand weapon and could mistake where it's coming from.
If you can find a case where these seem to be working globally, please let us know, but having checked I'm pretty confident they're working as intended.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Chris, in the .94 video you posted. Jonathan mentions something about your lvl 1 DPS exceeding everyone else's by A LOT. Even though you were cheating by re-rolling the mods dev style.. what was your DPS?

The winning DPS numbers seem quite low. With the right mods, I'm pretty sure the range is a lot higher.

137dps or so. Templar with fast bow+quiver stacked with as much elemental damage as possible and all of the early elemental damage passives.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info