[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

Dear BlackDeep, I am new to POE and I am following this build for my first character.
I am at level 60 and my gear is so bad that I always died fighting against ele reflect mob. don't say anything about resistance, since it also bad.
is there any tips on gearing up my character without using trade? Is there any good place to farm gear at my level, since I died so much in the merciless.
or should I keep doing story quest and worry about gear later?

anyway, thanks for the awesome build. my witch is able to kill mobs faster than realizing that I have enemies in screen (well, unless they are ele reflect mob since I died first)

"
hardcore91 wrote:
Ok ,so basicly there is no way to survive reflect maps? I am having troubles even with some reflect rares.. PoL dont help a lot ,of course i dont have the shield for spell block. The only way (i think is) Light Coil +Acrobatics+Rathpith+PoL(that is sooooo expensive) and i think it still will be rly hard to deal with reflect.

Get a white socket helm or make one, and use life leech over added lightning damage on electric reflect maps. Slower but doable.
Hi Blackdepp, can you give me pros and cons of going non-crit with Arc opposed to going crit.
Here's the filter you've asek for. Lootfilter (this might not be the best one though)

"
kidswable wrote:
gear and leveling stuff

When you die to elemental reflect check if your lightning resistance is capped. If so try to get more life.
The best farming/leveling spots are: Ledge, Chamber of sins, City of sarn and Dried Lake/Aqueduct. You can also try too craft the gear you need by yourself.

"
gtrans wrote:
crit non crit stuff

Well... lightning damage is already quite erratic, even without crit. And we do have enough shock chance anyway. I'm not gonna lie... crit will probably result in more dmg, but good crit on gear is expensive and this build don't have the slots for something like maligaro's or so because it needs the resistances. So in the end it was more of a budget decision.
IGN - Blackdepp
hey i have a question, i seem to lack in survivability and i dont know why. Is lightning coil really necessary? i havent get it yet. What armor should i get before Lightning Coil or should i just skip it entirely?

ALso, pretty sick build, im level 68 and really enjoying it except the fact that i keep dying.. Any tips to help me survive better?
A Lightning Coil is not be underestimated. It gives (when at capped lighting res) a flat 22,5% phys. mitigation. Two things here: It's a FLAT mitigation, so it dosn't suffer the armour issue and for this build not a single armour can compete with this amount of defence.
IGN - Blackdepp
Thanks for such detailed information on your build :)

I've just had Innervate drop for me and I'm considering it's usage now. This can give us two benefits: extra chance to shock and the onslaught buff (extra cast and move speed).

You recently wrote:

"
And we do have enough shock chance anyway.

I'd appreciate it if you could explain the reasoning behind this, i.e. do we get any benefit from the extra shock chance from Innervate or is it used solely for the onslaught buff?
The extra shock chance is neat but doesn't add much imo. And the Onslaught buff only triggers on kill so you would boost where we are already good (clear speed) and slows us down even more where the dps is already low (single target dmg). I would prefer Faster Casting over Innovate for Arc. And imo Added Lightning Dmg is also superior because it scales so well with Wrath. For me the only really good spot for Innovate is in the Vaal Storm Call setup when you use it frequently on rares and big packs as well.
IGN - Blackdepp
Ok thank you. So for big bosses, is it better to switch out Innervate for Added Lightning Damage in the Vaal Storm Call set up?
Yes for sure.
IGN - Blackdepp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info