[2.0.3] Blackdepp's Arc Witch (beginnner friendly, endgame viable)

Well my wand has +110 spell and lightning damage and +10 cast speed so you can certainly improve. Also quality is useless in wands unless of course you use them to actually hit enemies.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Added some stuff:
- Vertex for endgame transition
- New video
- Stat screenshots

I also added some suggestions from you guys into the build guide as well.

I hope you are still enjoying this build (:
IGN - Blackdepp
Really big thumbs up for this Blackdepp! I had a lvl 96 Arc Witch on Hardcore which I played in Beyond league, and 60% of my gem setup was no longer working + the changes to the tree and auras and everything, I had a headache just thinking of how to get the character working again. All I had to do with your guide was swap out a few gems and I was good to go <3

Only differences is that I am using Empower instead of Lightning Damage for Arc, and I am using Legacy Rathpith instead of Saffels. I also already had a Legacy Coil :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Haha great to hear that man (:
IGN - Blackdepp
Currently working on the lightning coil chest piece. How did you acquire 3 blue sockets on that piece? Did you use Vorici's crafting bench, or chance it with Chromatic Orbs? Currently at 150+ chromatic and have yet to receive the colors needed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Try this one: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html

1B from the crafting bench is the best option but 3B aren'T necessary.
IGN - Blackdepp
First - thanks alot for the build and guide - you put alot of work into it and it is great, but i do have some questions.

how are you running HoT, AA, purity of lightning and clarity all at the same time?

i am finding that i dont have enough mana reserve to run all 4.

i have 1,285 mana
-AA is 22% mana reserve (283 mana)
-HoT is 31% mana reserve (399 mana)
-purity of lightning is 31% mana reserve (399 mana)
-clarity at level 19 is 228 mana reserve.

that comes to a total of 1309 mana reserve

are you only running purity on reflect mods? or are you running it all the time. if so then which buff are you dropping to use it? it seems i do not have enough mana regen to not run clarity.

also, im level 90 and have the full build minus the celestial wheel on the left side. with this i am only getting 44 dex from the skill tree, and i need to allocate the 2 +30 dex nodes to get the 95 dex to be able to use AA. you seem to some how have 96 dex on your stats picture.

44 from skill tree + 38 from amulet = 82 dex. where are you pulling the other 14 dex from to run AA and lightning coil?
I ran all the auras without any problems. Had a lot of mana to spare.

If you follow the guide's instructions carefully you're supposed to link an Enlighten to your aura gems. Also aura and mana reservation nodes are essential, you cannot skip them unless you have Vertex.

You're missing too many mana and aura nodes on your skill tree perhaps? Read the nodes carefully. I have zero dex from passives, 100% from gear.
Why is your HOT setup reserving 31% mana? When you've picked the aura nodes from the passive it should be something like 22% reserved. Maybe you've attached a support gem to it, that itsn't supposed to be there.
I ran PoL only until I got enough resistances to drop it and to perform the endgame transition. This character isn't supposed to do reflect maps.
The Dex thing. Yeah the crafted mod on the amulet and boots did change. I need to update this. But I get all my DEX from my gear.
IGN - Blackdepp
thanks for the reply, i really appreciate it.

so i had my HoT set up in my doryani's catalyst, so it was getting the mana multiplier from the elemental proliferation - yea, i feel dumb.

what are your thoughts on mind over matter with this build? if not the passive then using a cloak of defiance? the mana pool is really low, so it might not really stop that much incoming damage.

just to be clear, after the endgame transition, your running wrath, AA, and HoT? dropping both clarity and the purity of lighting...correct?

also, do you feel that this build is atzir capable?

(edited cause making posts before morning coffee is bad)
Last edited by Omniexist on Sep 24, 2015, 4:17:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info