(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
MrFrango wrote:
Hello, ive read most of the guide (i guess), and i still dont have a clue about how you generate endurance charges. Can you shed a light?

Warlords Mark, look at the gems section.
"
Budget?
(snip annoying spaces)
I can't even.

Not sure what you mean, the build requires absolutely no gear investment to get going, which is the typical definition of budget. While it can make use of higher end uniques (Disfavor, Starforge), it certainly doesn't need them.
"
IAMAdog wrote:
So this build was really fun to play and fast but i just got oneshot in a tier 4 blue map in breach. Cyclone makes you stand on top of the mobs and one of the breach bosses that spawn from the hands shotgunnes with some frost skill, lvl 82 had 6k hp and died in less than a second. Would not recommend a close range melee build like this in hc breach, sc probably more fun. IMO

That applies to basically every melee build in the game. PoE is a rippy game, it's simply something you learn and adapt to.

You also don't typically want to sit directly on top of bosses, typically you want to circle around them. Increasing weapon range helps immensely.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Dec 5, 2016, 8:09:54 PM
what about new Axes choices? I know Hezmana's is good but what about Uul-Netol's Embrace? =) maybe kitava's?

I'm putting out a large update for the guide including additions of all new uniques that seems viable, obviously I cant test them all before Friday as many haven't been discovered yet and are incredibly hard to come by; but i'll update it whenever new info comes out after the Friday update.

Below are the uniques discovered that im interested in. Some good, some insane.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Dec 6, 2016, 6:44:47 AM
"
Lighty wrote:

I'm putting out a large update for the guide including additions of all new uniques that seems viable, obviously I cant test them all before Friday as many haven't been discovered yet and are incredibly hard to come by; but i'll update it whenever new info comes out after the Friday update.

Below are the uniques discovered that im interested in. Some good, some insane.

I just got a max rolled Kitavas Feast on Breach SC as raider. Hitting 104k DPS with a 5L and conc. Effect.

What are your thoughts so far?
RE: Questions concerning new Breach uniques.

In terms of raw DPS (((min+max)/2)*speed)) the weapon could be ranked as follows:
  • Atziri's Disfavour ~491 dps
  • Kitava's Feast ~451 dps
  • Hezmana's Bloodlust ~381 dps
  • Ngamahu's Flame ~373 dps
  • Uul-Netol's Embrace ~367 dps

Of course dps doesn't factor in their affixes, so let's break it down.

Uul-Netol's Embrace has great damage, unfortunately its slow attack speed really cripples it for Cyclone. The bleed is nice and fairly reliable, and I'm not sure yet exactly how much the Bone Nova proc is worth, but I have a hard time believing it'll make up for the slow attack speed. Certainly useable for Cyclone, but wasted on it; this Axe screams Earthquake.

Ngamahu's Flame is a really interesting option, especially when paired with Xoph's Blood for Avatar of Fire and full fire conversion. I've seen a few builds already experimenting with it both as Chieftain and your typical Slayer. Dying Sun and The Red Nightmare also synergize very well.
Here are a couple videos showcasing different setups:

Certainly viable, and relatively cheap, but I couldn't yet say exactly how competitive it is with a typical Phys Cyclone build.

Hezmana's Bloodlust remains the mid-tier weapon of choice for Cyclone, and in my opinion is pretty hard to beat in terms of cost-for-power ratio. The free Blood Magic link is worth quite a lot of damage in the form of Faster Attacks/WED, and since it doesn't require the skill to actually be socketed in the weapon, makes it both powerful and easy to use without necessarily having to invest a lot of currency in the weapon itself. I still consider it the target weapon for all Cycloners until moving into crafting or Disfavour.

Kitava's Feast is the most competitive new choice, with high damage, decent speed, leech, and life recovery; the only downside is that the built-in Melee Splash support is wasted on Cyclone. The only way I see Kitvana's being better than Hezmana's is by using its leech to run Cyclone off mana, thereby freeing up an extra support, but it would require either removing Arctic Armor, getting a -mana reservation helmet enchant for labs (which has it's own opportunity cost), or picking up less reservation nodes in the skill tree. Even with all that, it's simply not as good as Disfavour.

Atziri's Disfavour remains the MacDaddy of Cyclone weapons, short of mirror-level crafting. It quite simply has every affix Cyclone wants with no downsides, and the latest weapon range increases only make it better.

In my opinion, not much has changed for Cyclone weapons. Unless you just so happen to end up with a Kitava's Feast, without the cash to get a Disfavour, and want to make it work, the target weapons are still going to be Hezmana and Disfavour.

Regarding new non-weapon uniques:

Sin's Rebirth looks really strong, especially with its low charge consumption. Not much else to say, it's simply good and worth using if you can get one.

The Formless Inferno is half a Lightning Coil on your head. Certainly cool, and opens up some interesting options such as using it in conjunction with Kaom's Heart or even Lightning Coil itself. Could be worth using as long as you overcome the negative resistances, though I don't think I'd quite call it build enabling, and I'm not sure if 8% damage conversion is quite enough to make up for the lack of a well rolled life and resist rare. For speed mapping, I still like Devoto's Devotion much more.

Perseverance is the most interesting item to me. It too has pretty much everything a Cycloner wants, and opens up some interesting build options as well.
Obviously the Onslaught affix isn't worth much to a Raider or Slayer, but it could make going Juggernaut, Champion, or Berserker much more appealing, and perhaps even allowing them to drop Fortify to free up another link entirely. Whether that's worth more than the Slayers Culling Strike, AoE increase, Leech, and Bleed immunity is another question entirely however.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Dec 7, 2016, 4:30:55 AM
Hey folks!

So im using this guide with a Slayer and a 4-linked Hezmanas + Carcass Jack in Breach League and im sitting at Level 85.

My goal was to farm Uberlab but i dont think i can stand Izaro yet.
Since im just following build guides i have no idea about game mechanics so to say.
I just know that my single target damage is way too low and need some advice which skill would help me doing Izaro?

Thanks in advance!
Hi
If playing duelist in breach sc league what would be best ascendancy to go? Champion or slayer?
Dunno how far i will make it before league ends but uber izaro and normal atziri would be fun to take down atleast, and see how far in the Atlas i can get.

Thanks for a great guide!
"
Snigoo wrote:
Hi
If playing duelist in breach sc league what would be best ascendancy to go? Champion or slayer?
Dunno how far i will make it before league ends but uber izaro and normal atziri would be fun to take down atleast, and see how far in the Atlas i can get.

Thanks for a great guide!

Slayer is the most OP choice for now. culling strike by default just sooooo good!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info