(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Why would you travel all the way to Templar for AOE in the SCION build. Why? You did not grab much else of note other than the life node. You could have even grabbed the AOE at SCION and you didnt.
i can't decide what auras i should run... now i run hatred plus Blasphemy with Warlord's Mark but i have 15% mana left.. if i drop blasphemy i cant generate endurances charges...can i have cast on damage taken and Warlord's Mark? is that a good ideea?
do you know how strong the buffed raider is atm compared to slayer?
"
sparkosmodius wrote:
i can't decide what auras i should run... now i run hatred plus Blasphemy with Warlord's Mark but i have 15% mana left.. if i drop blasphemy i cant generate endurances charges...can i have cast on damage taken and Warlord's Mark? is that a good ideea?

There's very little reason to use Blasphemy with this build. Low level CWDT+Warlords Mark is what the guide suggests, and it works perfectly well without reserving any mana.
Running this with axe marauder (juggernaut).
Lots of fun! Have some yellow trashs and 5L hazmana. All ele res are capped and cr is ~40.
Lowbie atm (70), but I have 4k life and 25k dps, pretty decent IMO.
I'm very satisfied with this char, thank you for the guide :)
"
sanejoe wrote:

Going to be testing it in standard once I rip some new items from BHC over, 99% sure its worse but will be cruising at 100%+ movement speed.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
sanejoe wrote:

Going to be testing it in standard once I rip some new items from BHC over, 99% sure its worse but will be cruising at 100%+ movement speed.

Already Started getting some pieces for 2H RT Testing
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
sanejoe wrote:

Already Started getting some pieces for 2H RT Testing
LightyGaming.com
So currently doing Slayer Cyclone in the new league got lucky with a Disfavour but having trouble with survivability.. Not sure where I may need to take nodes out and get more HP nodes or what gear I should switch out.

Current gear:

Last edited by Morsels on Dec 9, 2016, 11:15:26 PM
"
So currently doing Slayer Cyclone in the new league got lucky with a Disfavour but having trouble with survivability.. Not sure where I may need to take nodes out and get more HP nodes or what gear I should switch out.

Current gear:

Pretty decent all around, but could use some optimization. Areas I'd look at are:

Jewelry doesn't have (much) life on it.

-I've never seen the point of running Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark; WM doesn't gain much from levels and a low level CWDT will keep it up just as often. Swapping that out will allow you to drop Essence Worm, and run Hatred plus Arctic Armor naturally; AA doesn't seem like much since you lose the stationary benefits, but the chill alone helps mitigate incoming melee damage, and you really have nothing else to use your mana on at that point (unless you really want to run Totems/Golems/Bloodrage without Blood Magic support).

Consider running Devoto's or Veruso's, but not both.

-The stats on Veruso's are all nice for Cyclone, but it doesn't add that much damage overall and with Disfavour you can probably afford to drop some anyway. The main issue is that it's another area which is lacking life, and switching them out would give you more gearing options. That said, they are nice, and if you beef up your jewelry you can probably afford to keep them.

Chest, Belt and Boots are all good items overall, but have low life rolls and armor (boots).

-You're obviously using them because you're so hard up for resists in other areas with 4 uniques, so fixing one area can reduce pressure on the other.

Fix up your flasks.

-I'd drop Overflowing Chalice, even if you're only using it to super-charge Atziri's, it's not really worth the slot in my opinion. I'd suggest making your health pot Staunching (since you'll want to recover life after being bled), until you get your uber Ascendancy points, and adding armor/anti-freeze to either your Granite instead or a second Quicksilver. Sans Rumi/Taste of Hate, I'm a big fan of running double Quicksilver for both increased movespeed and better "oh shit" buttons to get out of the danger while mid-Cyclone.

I'd say your first objective is to drop Essence Worm, which will take pressure off your other items, and allow you to upgrade to better pieces, without needing tri-res on all of them. You could also consider getting something with Physical Damage Taken as Elemental (Lightning Coil, Formless Inferno, etc), but I wouldn't call them required by any means. Keep in mind that Cyclone as a rule is squishier than most popular builds, simply due to having to be in melee range and having a harder time dodging attacks.

Regarding your passive tree, you're missing a whole lot of life nodes, which I generally recommend getting before fleshing out all of the weapon-specific damage nodes (mainly because you can't do damage if you're getting 1 shot) or jewels unless you happen to have some really nice ones ready to go.

One small area which you could improve upon: you're wasting a point on the way to getting this Int node here -

When you could have gotten the same node here without going out of your way -

That free point could be used to either get extra life, or go into the adjacent Dex node (I almost always take those two nodes to alleviate the need for attributes on gear).
Last edited by Archimtiros on Dec 10, 2016, 3:05:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info