(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Hello Lighty.

I've never tried doing Atziri with any build, but now I feel pretty confident and I wanna try it. Do you think my gear and stats are good enough?

LVL 86
HP: 6451
Armour: 4k+
Resist: Elemental at 75% and Chaos -23%

Gear:

(I need to level some gems).

With this I get 13K cyclone dps without frenzy charges and flask help.

Do you think that is it good enough for a first time try?

PS: I have enough lightning res to use Lightning Coil, but I'm not sure if I should go for it. What do you recommend?

You have the gear and stats to be able to do Atziri however you still should play safe and buy a few sets before attempting. If you can stay above 5k life lightning Coil is the better option. Also master craft something on your amulet, flat phys maybe.

Hmm, I was thinking that my res are capped even with Devoto's. Do you think I should use Devoto's + Kaoms or Rare + Coil?

To be honest I really like the 6k+ life, but I trust you more than anybody :)

PS: with Devoto's I'd save some dext nodes too.

Devoto's is great if your that much over res cap, even with coil on. You'd like to be 40 over res cap for curse resistance in maps aswell. If you don't feel comfortable dropping below 6k life you can stick with Kaom but remember how much physical damage coil mitigates (22.5%), not to mention legacy coil (30%). Let me know how Atziri goes.
LightyGaming.com
"
unlucky_child wrote:
have u tried

belly of the beast
kaoms
lightning coil

I dont own any of them but planning to. Seems like LC and Belly are ok.

How much life do u have with them?

What gives more dmg +% increased elemental damage or +%fire damage?

I have tried all 3 and all 3 are mentioned in the unique section of the guide on the front page. You will have more life with Kaoms > Belly > Coil simply because of there values and more damage with Kaoms > coil > belly however the damage aspect on any of theses body's is basically insignificant since its a small amount of added lightning damage from coil and increased ( not more ) fire damage from Kaom's. The "best" body in a newer league is Coil if you can stay above 5K life (6K eventually) and Kaom if you don't care about running a secondary 6 link; belly is also fine but strictly worse than both, unless you want the secondary 6L and cannot afford to run Coil or kaom.
LightyGaming.com
"
Hi Lighty,

Since we're all sharing our gear and helping eachother out I would like to know where I'm at.
Currently my resists are capped at 75% and I rarely die.

The only situations that I die is when I Vaal Cyclone blue packs that have the following stat:
Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers

I can't flask through it and I can't quit Vaal Cyclone.

As for my gear goes.. This is what I'm using in the 5WSC event.

Gear

I haven't payed much attention to my flasks but this setup keeps up my clearspeed.
Flasks

So far I really enjoyed the leveling process of this build how it turned out.
Great job on this build Lighty.

I think I'll play this build in the upcoming league also and might as well aim for Atziri.

Vaal Cyclone is a sketchy thing to use and I have listed under the "gems & links" section a sub list of what to avoid when Vaal Cycloning; check it out if you want to use it down the road. Your using a Mace and I really cannot recommend it enough to try Vaal Ground Slam, its leaps and bound better than Vaal Cyclone and I feel you will enjoy it much more while starting mapping. Most your gear is rare and can be upgraded and master crafted to be better forever overtime; its an endless adventure to get better rare gear. The real things you should work on is getting a better weapon ( marohi erqi & Kongors are fine for mace ) and swapping your belt for a rare or Physical Doryani's. Your flasks are fine for now as long as you have freeze, bleed and a panic flask ( instant ); Ideally you would want flasks identical to mine, namely Taste of Hate and Rumi's Concoction. Let me know how these upgrades go/sound and I look forward to seeing you spinning in the next league!
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

With the release of the Ascendancy Trailer and start of the release notes/info we've been granted a glimpse of what early 2016 has to offer for cyclone. The main/only thing I see so far that effects us are the Ascendancy sub-class passive tree's. As of now the marauder tree is lackluster compared to the duelist tree's and if this remains Duelist will become the new better choice for cyclone class. With slayers massive damage nodes and Champion's perma-fortify Duelist is going to give Marauder a run for its money for top Cyclone class. I'm unsure weather we get to fill out the ascendancy tree or if we can dip into multiple trees of the same class, only time will tell. The difference between Duelist and Marauder has always been minimal and soon may be the tipping point in which class takes a firm hold as the one true Cycloner.

Potential Ascendancy Tree Candidates:
After doing more research...
"you get only 6 ascendancy points ( 2 per difficulty I assume ) and you can only choose one ascendancy path ( which prevents dipping into different paths of the same class; but potentially 6 points within the same path can be split"

What Slayer has to offer:
  • 10% increased attack speed
  • 43% increased physical damage with two-handed melee weapon
  • hits deal 100% increased damage against enemies that are on low life
  • 20% chance to gain onslaught on 3 seconds on kill
  • 40% increased damage against rare and unique enemies
  • 20% of overkill damage is leeched as life
  • .2% of attack damage leeched as life
  • 30% increased damage while leeching
  • 5% increased attack speed while leching

Although the majority of the visible juggernaut nodes still seem subpar based on this post from GGG and from what we see in the Gamespot exclusive gameplay You can still move/attack while Frozen with Unstoppable' along with chilled ground, tar ect.

Permanent fortify ( giving us a free socket ) and augmentations to our perma fortify make this a good hardcore choice. Boosted move speed along with a move speed and damage aura (+13% total) helps alot for clear speed and avoiding dangerous situations.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 24, 2015, 12:02:44 AM
Any thoughts as to what subclass is looking more promising for cyclone? Seems from the first glance the juggernaut is an obvious choice for HC. Duelist though....
"
TheChosenWon wrote:
Any thoughts as to what subclass is looking more promising for cyclone? Seems from the first glance the juggernaut is an obvious choice for HC. Duelist though....

At the moment im leaning heavily towards Slayer for duelist. The unstoppable node is nice from juggernaut however it only prevents you from being immobile while frozen and dropped below 0% or base movement speed. You will almost always have 30%+ movement speed as cyclone so basically it Will allow you to walk while cycloning on chilled ground or tar. If hardcore is your goal Champion from duelist looks more promising because of permanent fortify and 13%+ Move speed including the aura boost( going to add this with breakdown to the ongoing update quote ).
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

With the release of the Ascendancy Trailer and start of the release notes/info we've been granted a glimpse of what early 2016 has to offer for cyclone. The main/only thing I see so far that effects us are the Ascendancy sub-class passive tree's. As of now the marauder tree is lackluster compared to the duelist tree's and if this remains Duelist will become the new better choice for cyclone class. With slayers massive damage nodes and Champion's perma-fortify Duelist is going to give Marauder a run for its money for top Cyclone class. I'm unsure weather we get to fill out the ascendancy tree or if we can dip into multiple trees of the same class, only time will tell. The difference between Duelist and Marauder has always been minimal and soon may be the tipping point in which class takes a firm hold as the one true Cycloner.

Potential Ascendancy Tree Candidates:
After doing more research...
"you get only 6 ascendancy points ( 2 per difficulty I assume ) and you can only choose one ascendancy path ( which prevents dipping into different paths of the same class; but potentially 6 points within the same path can be split"

What Slayer has to offer:
  • 10% increased attack speed
  • 43% increased physical damage with two-handed melee weapon
  • hits deal 100% increased damage against enemies that are on low life
  • 20% chance to gain onslaught on 3 seconds on kill
  • 40% increased damage against rare and unique enemies
  • 20% of overkill damage is leeched as life
  • .2% of attack damage leeched as life
  • 30% increased damage while leeching
  • 5% increased attack speed while leching

Although the majority of the visible juggernaut nodes still seem subpar based on this post from GGG and from what we see in the Gamespot exclusive gameplay You can still move/attack while Frozen with Unstoppable' along with chilled ground, tar ect.

Permanent fortify ( giving us a free socket ) and augmentations to our perma fortify make this a good hardcore choice. Boosted move speed along with a move speed and damage aura (+13% total) helps alot for clear speed and avoiding dangerous situations.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

Devoto's is great if your that much over res cap, even with coil on. You'd like to be 40 over res cap for curse resistance in maps aswell. If you don't feel comfortable dropping below 6k life you can stick with Kaom but remember how much physical damage coil mitigates (22.5%), not to mention legacy coil (30%). Let me know how Atziri goes.

I can't run Devoto's + Coil because I can't cap lightning with that much -#% penalty.

However, now I'm running Devoto's + Kaoms and it's rock solid, I'll try Atziri as soon as my CWDT set up is ready.

Just wanted to post a big update in my build. I managed to get my hands on a disfavour and switch from marohi - now my mf buddy can't get last hits because my damage went through the roof ^.^ : doing around 43 k now with frenzy charges and around 50k if he's nearby with his better auras. Also managed to include mings while still having capped resists, thanks to some resist jewels.

Next up is crafting max life/resist jewels to compensate hp loss due to mings and trying to get a better amulet. Need to replace a failed vaal attempt with HoA as well. This is my gear now:

I also have a question: it turns out that vengeance+life leech as a defensive measure is pretty useless because im spinning all the time and it doesnt work while spinning so Im planning to take it out - what would make sense instead? Preferably something defensive, maybe include chaos golem?
"
"
Lighty wrote:

I can't run Devoto's + Coil because I can't cap lightning with that much -#% penalty.

However, now I'm running Devoto's + Kaoms and it's rock solid, I'll try Atziri as soon as my CWDT set up is ready.

Niceee, let me know how the runs go!
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info