Map Drop Adjustments

"
jooozek wrote:
but at level 5 Zana can give you a level 70 map so yeah, enjoy your nerf. Also remember that maps start now with level 68 not 66. Amount of experience needed to level her up was also raised but I don't know by how much exactly. poedb.tw might have the numbers.

it seems (if poedp.tw is right) that especially Zana's missions are fixed bound to her level now (no range, only one number - for non-unique missions). So, on level 5 she would/will always open you portals into 71...

But, I think it was really silly lastly - without powerleveling, all the masters gave you overleveled missions really fast after their invite, going close to impossible right after... (40+ missions on early level 4 etc) Same for Zana: finding her on a 66 map pushed you into +5 areas on her first dailies: silly.

Now take into account, that for the very most of us, there's no real need to bring them up again to max - beside if it is (and you aim for it) part of a new challenge (which can/should need some effort)...
GGG made the master leveling somewhat faster with the last challenge patch, now they tune it back again to some degree; so what? We shall not max them within 3 days, the same way wee shall not reach level 100 without serious invest... ^^

invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I think maps are great, if only the grind getting a character up to them were more fun...
//go next
"
Qarl wrote:
1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

Does this mean maps with triple bosses (Museum, Bazaar, Courtyard) no longer have extra value when it comes to vaaling them?
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Well, map drops in live weren't amazing, most complained that map wall locks them at no challenge in lower tier maps.

But, hey, GGG solved it all. The increased mobs flat damage base quite significantly. The shifted maps to start from 68. So the result is even if you sit in shit tier maps, you get challenge, you play a 70map like it was at least 76 (difficulty wise), you get same xp as before, because of shifting by two levels to start at 68, old mid tier maps are now trash tier maps. Reaching lvl 100 is still a challenge. Everyone is happy, gg wp.

Kappa? or not to Kappa? Sure Kappa.
"
Septile wrote:
The less lower level maps sounds awesome. It always felt very anticlimactic to find a 60 map in a high 76+ map.

You mean, a 78 dropping nothing but 66's.

SCREW YOU RNG !!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Map drops really suck atm. Really annoying to get nothing on 75 map with 80+ quantity, while on 74 with 40% u get 3-4 73-74... Haven't seen it on beta, but imo good option would be 100% chance to drop map by last monster on map (except boss) if no other map was dropped before.
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

Does this mean maps with triple bosses (Museum, Bazaar, Courtyard) no longer have extra value when it comes to vaaling them?

Its a chance to drop an additional map in addition to their regular drops, which can still be maps. I've had bosses drop multiple maps, so having more bosses (except exiles) is still useful for extra map chances, its just the additional 20% chance only applies once per map not boss.
Last edited by Asmosis on Jul 13, 2015, 4:42:29 AM
"
cooker0 wrote:
Map drops really suck atm. Really annoying to get nothing on 75 map with 80+ quantity, while on 74 with 40% u get 3-4 73-74... Haven't seen it on beta, but imo good option would be 100% chance to drop map by last monster on map (except boss) if no other map was dropped before.

^This

It's really frustrating atm. In 74 Maps its really easy to drop same or -1 lvl map.
But in the 75maps there are like no maps drops, and if you finally drop some maps, its most likely lvl 68-70. -.-

"
2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Didn't experienced that so far.... D;
Considering rng, it is not unlikely that if you run maps, lets say 78 maps, that 10-20 bosses in a row do not drop a map at all.

Does 25% make sense or is it more reasonable to increase overall mapdrops that is relying on map quantity and packsize in order to incentivise good map rolls instead of running blue maps for the boss only?
Last edited by LSN on Jul 13, 2015, 9:16:14 PM
Guys, map drop is shitty, no doubt. 20+ maps without a single +1 lvl map, bosses dont drop maps AT ALL. o_O

Support stupidly evading standard phrases and gives links on this post. Appear to the general plan of development in the fact that players would be after the final boss went for a couple of maps and... thats all. But there is a caveat, I have more than thirty characters, I'm more tired storyline and just want to play maps but why bring up a character, if even on the 90 level there is nothing to do?..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info