Map Drop Adjustments

I remenber when ton of ppl quit the game in open beta because map drop rate was horrible and ppl was stuck in low lvl map.
I hope it will not be same.
Lot of ppl want a kind of challenge when they run map, not run low lvl map at high with gg in zombie mod eyes half close because its easy as fuck
There was a lot of complaints about map drops before awakening and GGG managed to make things even worse, a lot worse. In last season I was sustaining 76+ quite easily just by playing high quantity chiseled maps (w/o even packs most of the time). Now I can't sustain even 74s.. Why, because you only get occasional +1s, since bosses actually drop shit, 20% chance drop slot, which drops +2 like once in 50+ maps, but mostly it drops nothing or some -x trash.

Speaking of population, I was expecting a lot of increase considering desync is not an issue anymore, also pretty big expansion, with new act. Sadly with very mediocre leagues, extreme content gating with new map drop mechanics, I think some people are leaving already, they checked act4 and that's about it. Only that loyal fanbase persists, but seriously, even they feel extreme frustration from hard gating of a content.

From my own experience and multiple responses, I would say problems starts at 73s/74s, which is too low. I think nobody complains here about not sustaining on 80s+, bet now, the gate is set way too low.
While I'm still building up further information... It appears that, if it was GGG's intention to make maps drop in a tighter-group in terms of being less often "far below the level you were in," this backfired horribly.

So far from what I'm recording, the average (both mean and median) level of maps found have gone DOWN one level since pre-2.0. Pre-2.0 I could see a pretty distinctive curve in the distribution: a normal distribution with its central point pretty close to even; the peak (mode) was +0, with a sharp drop-off towards +2, and a curved drop-off that went more than 2 levels into the negatives. Post-2., the middle of the curve appears to have slightly shifted downward, but more importantly... The drop-off is much less significant, so there's a lot more "rock-bottom" maps dropping that never dropped pre-2.0.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
I dont post in general though this issue makes me nervous.

I have a 86 lvl character in warbands, i just do mapping and I roll maps with higher iiq and iir. My highest map ever got was a single lvl 75 and lost that 75 map with 143 iiq 50+ iir by getting 73/70/68 maps (one of each).

Shortly i feel i am stuck. what to do? Tired of doing 70-73 maps. This is the intended balance? 70-73 guys.

i need an answer to decide my further poe career :D

thanks.
Something needs to happen soon.

People are leaving.
IGN: Orlyi
What are these lies??? 20% flat chance - pure lie. I'm farming 20Q rare maps last week, i had only 1 or 2 +2lvl map drops. Most of the times(almost always) 0 maps or even worse some 6*lvl map in 75+ map from the boss. Same for the trash mobs. I don't know who believe to these posts. Like someone said.. DOUBLE THE ZERO IS STILL ZERO.
"
Joleco wrote:
What are these lies??? 20% flat chance - pure lie. I'm farming 20Q rare maps last week, i had only 1 or 2 +2lvl map drops. Most of the times(almost always) 0 maps or even worse some 6*lvl map in 75+ map from the boss. Same for the trash mobs. I don't know who believe to these posts. Like someone said.. DOUBLE THE ZERO IS STILL ZERO.

100% TRUE. We need answer Chris.
"
tonyxxl wrote:
"
Joleco wrote:

100% TRUE. We need answer Chris.

Not a flat 20% chance, just an additional 20% chance. Still nothing ;)
no one likes the system, but ggg keeps it ^^
interesting
God, i cant agree more. GGG doesnt give A CHANCE to people playing alone. Impossible to sustain 74+ even chiseled/alched. Forced to play on party for quantity? Thats just LAME.

One should be able to sustain its own progress by playing hard maps and killing bosses EVERY TIME.

And not that i dislike party playing, its just that its too much effects on screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info