Map Drop Adjustments

"
Regtrag wrote:
Guys, map drop is shitty, no doubt. 20+ maps without a single +1 lvl map, bosses dont drop maps AT ALL. o_O

Support stupidly evading standard phrases and gives links on this post. Appear to the general plan of development in the fact that players would be after the final boss went for a couple of maps and... thats all. But there is a caveat, I have more than thirty characters, I'm more tired storyline and just want to play maps but why bring up a character, if even on the 90 level there is nothing to do?..

Don't be silly. Map bosses have never dropped any kind of maps.
The problem as I see it isn't GGG it's your expectations. We've all felt the frustration of rolling 78s and gaining nothing but 67s for our trouble. If you played back in open beta you know how crazy bad drop rates were for maps. The way to get more drops is to roll your maps and that is precisely the reason why all of these complaints seem ridiculous. GGG has said multiple times that rolling maps is essential to map progression. This map rolling doesn't mean getting Palace map of hordes, it means rolling rare maps. Period. It's a well known fact that quantity on the map itself is the only thing that affects map drops. So when you roll a 3% map and don't get drops... Stfu. I had a character lvl 93 from invasion and I took her all the way to 97 solo. You know how rolling my map pool.
"
It's a well known fact that quantity on the map itself is the only thing that affects map drops. So when you roll a 3% map and don't get drops... Stfu. I had a character lvl 93 from invasion and I took her all the way to 97 solo. You know how rolling my map pool.

I call bs on that, iiq doesnt matter at all on map drops. Maps just drop or not and its no matter if map is rare with 120iiq or blue with 15.

And the current situation is absolute bullshit, u said bosses are rewarding now. well i rolled "twinned" on 3 museum and arena maps, thats total of 36bosses. And u know what they drop? A two -1lvl maps 69 for museum and 70 for arena respectively. You call this rewarding? Back in domination i sticked to 72maps till lvl 85, now i'm almost lvl 83 and i never been in a 72map.
Whats your point ggg? You want me to buy maps to make progression? Thats absurd! I NEED to buy mortal sets and sacrifice sets to access high end content already. This is not mmo where u need to grind to access to highe end content, this game is about equipment -.-
Wan'na kill me? Do it faster!
The maps issues right now are absurd, maps are still relatively easy but completely unsustainable. Pre 2.0 I could sustain 75s just doing blues, now I can't even sustain 72s chis and alc every map! Being lvl 85 and be jammed into lower maps because +2 only drop from a boss is so incredibly boring and frustrating. I've done over 50 maps so far in warbands and only 2 bosses have dropped a +2 for me. I didn't think it would be possible to make ppl more frustrated with poe than they already were, guess I was wrong.
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!
hello

tonight I made ​​10 maps for level 76 of which 3 of them had bugs ( Arid Lake) and the drop was absurd 300 IIR 120 IIQ
2x74 and 1x75 I think the drop of maps is really tight, I'm level 94 and I'm stuck with 74 maps because I do not get more
Last edited by K0valskY on Jul 18, 2015, 12:36:03 AM
Maps are supposed to be sustainable... Just not the high level ones.

IMHO,GGG should make mid/high tier ones sustainable, but nerf XP gain to the ground for characters over lvl 80.

Everybody would be happy then...
Oh, wait!

The thing is:

Problem: Players reach high levels fairly quickly, low level maps stop bringimg bringing in XP... They feel like they are not progressing.

Solution: The map system needs a rework,and this is my suggestion: make +1 maps almost impossible to get (think mirror)... Make them permanent, acessible trough a special interface on the map device. Make a mod item that would modify maps and give iiq/iir.
Give the device a 1% chance to destroy the maps that are over a certain level (75, let's say).

People would have a sense of progression, something to grind for, and RNG could still make you want to punch a hole in the wall.
(Getting a 50ex 78+ map and then losing it after one run)
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Last edited by Ravenstrider on Jul 18, 2015, 8:30:17 AM
It's a little boring to map right now, imo

I took a few days off but got to ~80 after 3 days of Warbands

It's really cooled off since I have yet to have a 74 map drop
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
It's a little boring to map right now, imo

I took a few days off but got to ~80 after 3 days of Warbands

It's really cooled off since I have yet to have a 74 map drop

All part of a master plan mate. The fact is, you're not supposed to be able to get, er, I mean, sustain high level maps. And I mean if you think level 74+ maps are supposed to be sustainable. Then you have no idea what a high level map is.

Lets break this down; level 68 is a low level map. Level 74 is greater than level 68. Therefore Level 74 is higher than level 68. [Insert more nonsense here]. Thus level 74 is a high level map.
"
Qarl wrote:
In addition to the details on map drop changes in this manifesto post, we are making further adjustment to map drops.

1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Together these changes should more than triple the number of +2 maps players would be getting (as well as an improvement of +1 maps), compared to the beta.

I don't think it's working out as planned. Even with 100%+ IIQ, bosses rarely drop maps at all, let alone +2. Given that they are now the only source of +2 maps, seeing one drop is extremely rare.

Low lvl maps are still the most common sight so I have to dedicate an entire tab to collecting them so I can vendor them 3:1 (cba trading anymore).

The net result is that I'm still leveling mostly with 77s/78s (thankfully now with more variety), except that I'm spending a lot more currency on them because previously I'd just alt for magic/packsize whereas now I chisel and chaos to get good rolls, which doesn't seem to reflect in map returns at all.

Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Map bosses dont drop shit. Only that 20% which is supposed to be "additional" (additional to zero?) and in any case it's usually some -4 lvl map. Rolling 90%+ chiseled, full clear 74s & 75s and get nothing in return. One (1x) 76 map in 100 hours of gameplay.

Gating content by luck = bullshit game design.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 20, 2015, 2:06:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info