Map Drop Adjustments

"
Qarl wrote:
In addition to the details on map drop changes in this manifesto post, we are making further adjustment to map drops.

1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Together these changes should more than triple the number of +2 maps players would be getting (as well as an improvement of +1 maps), compared to the beta.

So, gooooood! Finally!
"
nynyny wrote:
To think that Chris assured me in an email that sustaining maps will be significantly more difficult than it used to be. You really cant believe any of his lies. Endgame in Path of Exile is officially dead. Being forced to Chisel Chaos was the best thing we ever had in this game. Map rolling in the second stage of the beta bordered perfection. And now you cave in again and provide progression for cheap. Unbelievable.

This HAS to be a joke post. Judging by your meager set of characters you really have no room to talk about the game needing to be more difficult. At level 83 you haven't even experienced true end game mapping, and I'd bet money that you have not tried sustaining anything above 72s or 73s.

As for your comment on chisels and chaos orbs, you do in fact need to chisel and are encouraged to use chaos on maps RIGHT NOW. You wouldn't know this since you probably don't even actually play, but map sustain on live is not "progression for cheap."

I can't even imagine where these people come from...
Team Won
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
This HAS to be a joke post. Judging by your meager set of characters you really have no room to talk about the game needing to be more difficult. At level 83 you haven't even experienced true end game mapping, and I'd bet money that you have not tried sustaining anything above 72s or 73s.

defamatory or troll posts are never done using the playing account with all the shiny titles.
Although my comment will be lost among the many, I would still like to thank GGG for listening to its players (crucial in this day and age but so many developers don't) and for making the effort to try and find the 'sweet' spot in terms of mapping.
It's impossible to satisfy everyone (some want it easy, others hard etc) but I think most people would agree they don't want to be dropping too low level just because of rng/drops and therefore the news that they will drop less lower level maps is a GREAT step in the right direction and thanks for this :)
"
Hmph.

That's all you can say after complaining about map drops?
C'mon I_NO
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Can you please do the same with regular items? For example, a level 50 item can never get +4max life. A level 70 item can never get + 16max life. Etc...

Yes, it will make the game a little easier, but it will also improve the grinding and you could scale the items up to whatever you want.

Better than nothing.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
Prisma01 wrote:
Can you please do the same with regular items? For example, a level 50 item can never get +4max life. A level 70 item can never get + 16max life. Etc...

its a significant difference between rules that select different base types (of maps) and a mechanic to limit possible affix rolls on the base of itemlevels.

Sometimes I'd even prefer to have the affixes more 'bound' to the droplevel of some (lower) items, instead of having a level 20 glove with one affix pushing it to a level requirement of 50+ ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Pretty good news. Thanks GGG.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
well thats the same as it is on live, someone said zana was nerfed so i thought she is opening maps like up to lvl 75 or something.....

Zana IS nerfed to the ground, I haven't heard anyone having a level 8 Zana in the wipe after map changes but at level 5 Zana can give you a level 70 map so yeah, enjoy your nerf. Also remember that maps start now with level 68 not 66. Amount of experience needed to level her up was also raised but I don't know by how much exactly. poedb.tw might have the numbers.
Last edited by jooozek on Jul 3, 2015, 7:55:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info