Map Drop Adjustments

"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:

I wonder what map levels Zana will give ?

I am curious about this too, anyone have Zana lvl 8 on beta, and if so, what level of maps does she give as daily?

For non-unique maps the map level is randomly between -2 and +1 of the current area level of Crumbled Laboratory she opens for the mission (e.g. Zana level 8 opens a level 76 Crumbled Laboratory that open maps on level 74-77).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297547/page/1
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:

I wonder what map levels Zana will give ?

I am curious about this too, anyone have Zana lvl 8 on beta, and if so, what level of maps does she give as daily?

For non-unique maps the map level is randomly between -2 and +1 of the current area level of Crumbled Laboratory she opens for the mission (e.g. Zana level 8 opens a level 76 Crumbled Laboratory that open maps on level 74-77).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297547/page/1

well thats the same as it is on live, someone said zana was nerfed so i thought she is opening maps like up to lvl 75 or something.....
Last edited by BoondockSaint on Jul 2, 2015, 12:04:03 PM
well, props to all the people who've made it to 100 in the past - the going won't be quite as tough now with this, added to the inflationary aspects of Standard at as well.
Good news. Cannot wait to try it.
EXCELLENT!

It's very frustrating to get lvl 66 maps when running plateaus and such.

Something I would like to see is having the affix "monsters fracture" actually give the proper amount of experience per monster killed BUT make affix roll super rare. I think that would be a good balance.

Thoughts?
"
Septile wrote:
The less lower level maps sounds awesome. It always felt very anticlimactic to find a 60 map in a high 76+ map.

This! :)

These changes sounds promising and I'm really happy to see that there will be some improvements to the current drop rates. #ThumbsUp

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Septile wrote:
The less lower level maps sounds awesome. It always felt very anticlimactic to find a 60 map in a high 76+ map.

paying 1 mirror for lvl 60 map they are super rare Kappa :)
"
EDTAkiller wrote:
EXCELLENT!

It's very frustrating to get lvl 66 maps when running plateaus and such.

Something I would like to see is having the affix "monsters fracture" actually give the proper amount of experience per monster killed BUT make affix roll super rare. I think that would be a good balance.

Thoughts?

I think that is a great idea cause that doesnt make any sense to get only quantity ( which is not that insane ) for the amount that it takes compare to a non-fracture map.
"
Qarl wrote:
In addition to the details on map drop changes in this manifesto post, we are making further adjustment to map drops.

1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Together these changes should more than triple the number of +2 maps players would be getting (as well as an improvement of +1 maps), compared to the beta.

Any chance maps could simply be limited to -2 to +2 of current map range?

Seriously, everyone HATES getting 67 maps in a 77.
I thank you all! This I feel was a must needed change even with the limited amount of time I was able to test maps on beta.

Regardless, I really appreciate your guys consistent hard work. Tweaking the little things that still seem off, and continually keeping an eye out for any problems afterwards are one of the biggest things that really show how much you care about the game and in turn the people that play it.

So thank you for all your hard work. I will see you all at launch :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info