"
KorgothBG wrote:

No one wants this to happen ever again:

1. Run your last level 78 map
2. Get 4 maps out of it
3. 3 of them being level 66 and 1 level 67

so you want no maps to drop?
Is this affected by item quantity?
For example if you had 100% item quantity, would you have a 40% flat chance for the map drop?
"
cronus wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:

2. Get 4 maps out of it

It is staggering how you were able to miss the point...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:

2. Get 4 maps out of it

It is staggering how you were able to miss the point...

I want a pony.

Some of us were happy to hear mapping was a struggle.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Well that's very good ... tho many of us want the odds of getting low(er) level maps from high level maps to be 0%.

2. Get 4 maps out of it

Wrong game man. Live is easy as hell to sustain. If you aren't able to sustain in Live, and you haven't got to endgame mapping in this iteration of Beta you have a big realisation coming.

Even with these changes Beta is 10x the difficulty of Live, which is great, some of were just asking for a more reasonable medium between the two.
It's nice to see that the developers are listening to player feedback.

This change adresses the two biggest issues with mapping: risk vs reward and RNG frustration when it comes to map drops.

If sustaining maps becomes too easy, GGG can always adjust the drop rate.

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Last edited by Ravenstrider on Jul 2, 2015, 6:44:29 AM
Awesome,Thnks..
"
gorillajuice wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Well that's very good ... tho many of us want the odds of getting low(er) level maps from high level maps to be 0%.

2. Get 4 maps out of it

Wrong game man. Live is easy as hell to sustain. If you aren't able to sustain in Live, and you haven't got to endgame mapping in this iteration of Beta you have a big realisation coming.

Even with these changes Beta is 10x the difficulty of Live, which is great, some of were just asking for a more reasonable medium between the two.

I must disagree. I've been running out of 77s and 78s many many times in live, sure i was able to go back up again ... but grinding hours just to get back to the highest level maps and all that just so i could again gain "some" experience ( because at 95+ you hardly get anything from maps below 77 ) from those maps is not satisfying at all.
BUT i'm ok with that.. i'm ok with lower map drops, being harder to obtain and sustain high level map pool, that's fine by me but i'm not ok that highest level of maps can drop lowest level of maps, they are useless to you and you don't even bother to pick them up .. all that they bring is disappointment.
That was adressed quite some time ago and now it's much better compared to what it used to be say 2 years ago ... but still the example i gave actually happened to me and many others many times. From my point of view that's not a good way to make mapping hard ... but it sure is a great way to make it frustrating and unrewarding.

I must say that all that comes from a strictly solo player.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 2, 2015, 7:24:51 AM
"
nynyny wrote:
To think that Chris assured me in an email that sustaining maps will be significantly more difficult than it used to be. You really cant believe any of his lies. Endgame in Path of Exile is officially dead. Being forced to Chisel Chaos was the best thing we ever had in this game. Map rolling in the second stage of the beta bordered perfection. And now you cave in again and provide progression for cheap. Unbelievable.

yeah and that is just your opinion, hated mapping in that stage of beta
S L O W E R
These sound like great improvements! I would like to know more about the details of #2. Excited for this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info