What is your opinion about new globes?

Fantastic Thanks!!

It's just the lady's were top notch and hard to beat. I like how the chains look sleek as if a talon grasping the globe. Also appealed to the Mythological aspect of the game.. Being they looked like sculptures.

Thanks for clarifying
"
Chris wrote:
We thought it'd be cool to reskin the UI slightly with each major expansion. This is the first such change - updating the very old HUD to the recent KaruiStone theme we're using elsewhere in The Awakening.
Aesthetic changes dont affect the gameplay, wouldnt it be a logical choice not to scrap the old one and Offer them as alternate HuD skin?

Everybody has its own taste

Im a straight guy and i prefer naked ladies
And i have no problem with necrophiliacs and Zoophiliacs as long as their preference dont affect the way my HUD looks
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jul 1, 2015, 7:50:01 PM
Cool someone needs to make a game about Bex rescuing the globe girls. Call it Path of Exiled Globe Girls.

I'm looking forward to seeing this "lion skull karui stone" somewhere in act4.

So now that the globes are not offending people wait till they get a load of the actual dead slave girl or some of the things that come out of Vagan's mouth. /r/ShitVaganSays
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Last edited by Necrogue on Jul 1, 2015, 8:48:29 PM
new globes are better, no doubt about it. they're more detailed and very evil! superior artwork imo
You all owe me many exalteds as I correctly predicted the answer to the riddle! ;)
I had to look again to even notice it. Seeing red disappear in the corner of my vision is all i payed attention to for years.

I would be content with plain 8-bit boxes for my display panel.

Even my old WoW HUD was very minimal in it's design.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
New UI looks great. Thematically on point and I like the idea of a new overlay with each expansion.

Old UI is a relic of an older, less developed...less exposed Path of Exile.

Embrace the change. Not like any of you are going to notice it after three seconds of playing anyway.

yep

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
tits > skulls, you cant beat this argument

I can't argue with this statement.
I actually think as a whole thing it looks better. I was strongly against the last one they put forward because it just looked bad, but this one looks really good. Honestly I wish they would change the rest of the ui in the character, inventory etc screens to follow the KaruiStone design in very dark grey, make it a lot more focused and unified. All this brown and gold and blue and green and orange and clashing bits sticking out here there and everywhere with boarders followed by boarders followed by a gradient followed by another boarder in this disjointed manner that just leaves the eye moving everywhere with no focus at all... its not bad art, it could well be from the hand of an extremely talented artist but its bad graphic design.

A lot of good was done when they made the HUD the darker grey with the last little change but if you compare this new HUD with what we had at the start of open beta its 100% better imo, the art is just as good, the graphic design is significantly better, it looks way more professional. the mana women looked really well done, I dont care if its women or not, we all have the internet, if you want to see women I dont think you have to look far tbh, I just care if it looks good and this looks really good, overall I think its an improvement.

Personally I think I see too much of women, you cant look anywhere now days without someone trying to hijack your sex drive to manipulate you, oh look shampoo to wash your hair YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX BUY MY SHAMPOO, biscuits, cars, computers, sport... arnt you guys sick of feeling like a horny dog every 5 minutes? The mana women looked cool, theres no need to remove them just because theyre women but theres no reason to require women there either.

Id honestly like to see the entire games ui follow suit and see them stick with it forever, ok chris said they want to have a different one for major expansions, I dunno you guys have been trying to change it for a while now before 2.0, but this is "you". The New Zealand influence, the classic civilization influence, it feels uniquely Path Of Exile and its not often anyone can do anything that has an individual and appropriate personality in the world of fantasy. I feel like youve hit on something here thats your own and personally Id rather see time spent rolling it across everything than spent making another HUD that doesnt match the rest of the UI once again with the next big update, maybe thats just me. But when the ui is very low contrast with no colour it lets the other aspects, the colour and brightness of the items, the levels, the text etc stand out and take center stage, its not fighting irrelevant parts of the ui for your eyes attention, and it allows them to have their own personality so that this area can feel different from this other area etc. You dont want a picture frame to be a loud picture in itself, you want it to say very little and allow what its framing to do the talking and draw all the immediate attention.

I preferred the chained ladies, but I guess change is good. What I would really appreciate is the option to change the ui preference to my desired theme. Chris and Bex have already mentioned about this though, but yes the option to select from future ui changes would be an excellent feature.
#NeverGoing90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info