What is your opinion about new globes?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
^ I'm not disagreeing with your point, but choosing 2 now defunct logos to illustrate it confuses me

They were used to show that Iconic doesn't always mean something like Superman's S, it can be far more mundance. Icons can and do change as you mention, with the usual goal of the new logo being even more recognizable, or representing the newer product so people will think about it and not an older product. In this latter goal, the new UI works, in the sense that it represents a change in the game, just as the Windows 8 logo succeeded in representing a change from Windows 7.

This is not to say that I think the Awakening is like Windows 8 - I like the expansion quite a bit.

Change for change's sake is not always a good thing. Having options, though, is tough to beat.

Reminds me, while I found the globe girls a bit iconic, there's 2 certain globes that I miss far more... If we ever got the possibility to customize our UI with image uploads of our own, I'll probably get D2 style globes. To hell with the girls, I want my angel and Devil
Oblivious
Well personally, i liked the chained up babes more. But, then again, i kind of like the new ones too. Its more like they have a lore to them, rather than just being girls chained up.

mtx sounds like a good idea. If what they got now is indeed the design they want to go by.
Smoother than Smooth.
"
Moist wrote:
Well personally, i liked the chained up babes more. But, then again, i kind of like the new ones too. Its more like they have a lore to them, rather than just being girls chained up.

mtx sounds like a good idea. If what they got now is indeed the design they want to go by.

Let us all take a few minutes out of the debate to discuss how uncomfortable this username makes us.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
Moist wrote:

Let us all take a few minutes out of the debate to discuss how uncomfortable this username makes us.

Would Dry_and_Chaffed would be a more comfortable user name?

This is what you should be thinking about when you see the word "moist" a hot delicious brownie!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
(...)This is what you should be thinking about when you see the word "moist" a hot delicious brownie!

Exactly what I was thinking. A good thing it's lunch time! 'o'
"

Grow up, get married.

Spoiler
and experience drought on a daily basis

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"

Grow up, get married.

Spoiler
and experience drought on a daily basis

Peace,

-Boem-

gentlemen, remember: personal experience =/= universal principle
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
"
Moist wrote:

Would Dry_and_Chaffed would be a more comfortable user name?

This is what you should be thinking about when you see the word "moist" a hot delicious brownie!

mouth-watering

Oblivious
"
Bars wrote:

Never forget, bad joke = still a joke!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
@mouth-watering guy:

"
Boem wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Never forget, bad joke = still a joke!

Peace,

-Boem-

I know, still - couldn't resist, and the Shaq gif meant for the other guy seems oddly appropriate for your post as well :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 27, 2015, 11:27:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info